But I thought it was cool to refuse to provide clothes to people.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Fashion Designers were cheered when they refused to provide clothes to Melania Trump. This protest was obviously laudable and IMO no company should feel that they have to provide anything for free to someone they don't like. I have no heartburn with this protest, especially when Melania has her own line of clothes and can have her personal staff design anything she wants for any and every event. Imagine the press reaction now when someone from a Fashion design magazine asks where Melania got the dress and she says it's part of her new Spring Collection which will be in the stores soon and available to the public for $699 or whatever. Fashion designer urges industry to refuse to dress Melania Trump

However, it seems that all such refusals are not equal in the eyes of the press. Some Brands Refused to Dress Ashley Graham for British Vogue Cover

We’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is there are still designers out there who won’t dress full-figured women. The good news is that more designers are stepping up to the plate, proving to be inclusive brands.

For the January 2017 issue of British Vogue, there were “houses that flatly refused to lend us their clothes” for cover model Ashley Graham, editor-in-chief Alexandra Shulman revealed in the issue’s Editor’s Letter. “It seems strange to me that while the rest of the world is desperate for fashion to embrace broader definitions of physical beauty, some of our most famous fashion brands appear to be travelling in the opposite — and, in my opinion, unwise — direction,” wrote Shulman.

In an interview with Good Morning Britain, Shulman added: “It isn’t just to do with sizes … this is to do with an attempt to show that actually you can put your clothes on people of all sizes, professions, ages, and it can look great.”

So to make sure I understand. Refusing to dress Melania, awesome protest against whatever she supposedly represents. Refusing to dress other women, hate against full figured women. So all protests are not equal eh?

I'm sure there are plenty of clothes makers out there who won't have a problem making cloths for the lady.

The makers that refuse will soon regret the action. Nothing says style like the First Lady. Especially a First Lady that looks like her. LOL

I'm sure there are plenty of clothes makers out there who won't have a problem making cloths for the lady.

The makers that refuse will soon regret the action. Nothing says style like the First Lady. Especially a First Lady that looks like her. LOL

Definitely a better way to display their clothing line than on mooochele.
Hideous absolutely hideous....
upload_2016-12-8_14-17-3.png

View attachment 101261
whats that? is that a human?

View attachment 101261
She probably put that company out of business.

View attachment 101261
whats that? is that a human?

They managed to get some hair samples from a barbed wire fence and they're waiting for the DNA results.

Forum List

Back