Building a new PC table for my daughters new PC

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210321_105928.jpg

I'm not much for fine trim carpentry but this should turn out nice.
We repurposed the frame of a really old table but the top was shot.

• Banned
View attachment 470481

Your daughter is getting/got a new PC? Now is an absolutely terrible time for that! CPUs and GPUs are low stock and horribly overpriced at the moment. :(
We bought from Micro Center. They get all new cards daily at msrp.

Micro Center

Fantastic store

Last edited:
  • Banned
View attachment 470481

Your daughter is getting/got a new PC? Now is an absolutely terrible time for that! CPUs and GPUs are low stock and horribly overpriced at the moment. :(

Micro Center

Fantastic store

I was near a Microcenter when I lived in Marietta, GA. Everything I've read to this point has been that getting a video card at MSRP right now is nothing but pure luck. Maybe an older model (more than 1 gen old), but the current and immediately previous gen cards have all been incredibly low on stock due to a combination of silicon supply problems, cryptocurrency mining, and scalpers. As an example, going to the Microcenter website for their Marietta store, there are 12 video cards in stock. There's an RX570 for $350. There's a couple of GT 1030s for about $100. There's an RTX 5000 listed at $2300. Nothing from the RTX 3000 series, nothing from the RX 6000 series.

If you got a current or even last gen card at MSRP, congrats! You won.
:yes_text12:

• Banned
View attachment 470481

Micro Center

Fantastic store

I was near a Microcenter when I lived in Marietta, GA. Everything I've read to this point has been that getting a video card at MSRP right now is nothing but pure luck. Maybe an older model (more than 1 gen old), but the current and immediately previous gen cards have all been incredibly low on stock due to a combination of silicon supply problems, cryptocurrency mining, and scalpers. As an example, going to the Microcenter website for their Marietta store, there are 12 video cards in stock. There's an RX570 for $350. There's a couple of GT 1030s for about $100. There's an RTX 5000 listed at $2300. Nothing from the RTX 3000 series, nothing from the RX 6000 series.

If you got a current or even last gen card at MSRP, congrats! You won.
:yes_text12:
They get between 6 and 10 cards everyday. People line up every night to get them. We had a pc built.

Forum List

Back