Bug a salt 3.0 blackfly

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
This is cool. Small stuff, fly's etc. disintegrates them 2-3 feet. I have hit red waspers flying and setting. 2-3 feet it will knock them to the ground and step on them fast. Fun!

61276fZqmaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Now Lorenze has had many requests for more power. Hence Bug A Salt "shredder. CO2 powered, pre packed clips of salt. 1 year warranty, 5 year limited. Twice the range. It will take waspers, roaches, boring bees, some say even scorpions. That's Mr Pinch on the grip, a blackfly. The set, 250 rounds, 5 co2 and gun $124 shipped from their website.... This one is next!

07-16-21-01-BUG-A-SALT-SHRED-ER.jpg

21-0503Bug-A-SaltShred-erOpenAmmo_2048x2048.jpg

LOL....I got in on the original start-up and I surprised they have been around this long. You sent them $25.00 in seed money and when it came out they sent you a "free" Bug-A-Salt.
Not only still around but expanding :) That's pretty good. Black fly edition $44 from Jeffie now. 3.0 is improved over the first editions. I want the shredder!

If you keep a clean house, generally there's no food there for flies to eat anyways. So they want to leave. Just open the door and let them fly out. And they want to avoid your cat. Apparently they are a very tasty morsel... if you're a cat.

I've got the shredder and it's very effective.
Just dont shoot a fly off your foot.View attachment 624106
That looks like a chemical burn. I'm a cement mason and sometimes when I am pouring a driveway, basketball court, pool deck or whatever at an occupied home, the family will want to put their hand and feet prints in the concrete. But it is very alkaline and can cause chemical burns on the skin if it is not washed off right away. Especially on the feet or hands of kids or desk jockeys. Dogs too. It burns their paws.

Yep...
I got my first Shredder towards the end of summer and it malfunctioned,they sent me a free one to replace it but by then fly season was over.
I'm ready for spring now. :laugh:
1 year waranty and 5 limited not to bad. Lorenz must have good faith in them. I use the blackfly 3.0 for flys but need more for the waspers. 3.0 seems pretty well made. I keep thinking there has to be a way to reload those cartridges. Dampen salt and press it in the clip or something?

1 year waranty and 5 limited not to bad. Lorenz must have good faith in them. I use the blackfly 3.0 for flys but need more for the waspers. 3.0 seems pretty well made. I keep thinking there has to be a way to reload those cartridges. Dampen salt and press it in the clip or something?

There are videos on youtube that show you how to reload em.
Personally I dont want to hassle with it,they're pretty cheap at 12 bucks for 12 rings with 10 shots per ring.
You cant use the old version down here in south Texas,the humidity makes the salt get clumpy and wont feed properly.

There are videos on youtube that show you how to reload em.
Personally I dont want to hassle with it,they're pretty cheap at 12 bucks for 12 rings with 10 shots per ring.
You cant use the old version down here in south Texas,the humidity makes the salt get clumpy and wont feed properly.
Thanks, I'll check the methods. Yes 10c a shot is not bad really. Don't even look on ebay, I have seen over $20 for ammo and one guy sold the shredder kit for $299!!!!!!!!!! 8 previous buyers, some people got to learn to shop around. Lorenze does have the best price anyway and free ship over $100.
Hear you on the salt. I'm so central KY. It can get humid but usually ranges in 40-60%. No clumping so far but only had it a month, wait till summer and see.

Forum List

Back