DPMS SBR full auto BB

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
I showed the wife a video on it and less than 20 seconds she said "get one". Can't disobey the wife. Oh man this is too much fun. Crossman makes them. Got mine for $159 shipped, extra mag $40. The flat dark earth was $21 cheaper than black from Jeffie. Ordered Sunday, was shooting it 10am Tues.

Hit the giggle switch and you will. 1400 rpm, 25 BB's in a second. I find it much like an AR and it's hefty. Accurate. On semi I can do 1," 25 shot groups at 20 feet. On full auto 3/4 to 1 1/4"

Reviewers complained the included loader was crap. Bullshit. I put 1-2 drops pellgun oil in the full loader, shake it up. Loader jams, shake it then load. Only happened 2 times in 25 mags. Takes about 15 sec to load a mag. When you put the 2 ea CO2 in, drop of oil on the tips. Gun will love you for the oil and seals too.

Takes 2 CO2 and 25 bb's in the mag, heavy mag. I fired 10 mags, maybe 9 if I hashmarked count wrong with 2 cylinders, 75% of it on F/A. That's 225-250 or 110-125 BB per cylinder. Many CO2 can't touch that. I have a Crossman C41 P38ish. I can get 140-150 BB per cylinder but it's also non-blowback.

Some vids attached. Both good. 2nd video he shoots something at the end, bursts into flames. Ether? I dunno but want to do it.

719513m2_ts.jpg

1620680304632-png.245526

By the way, while most States don't regulate air guns (or BB guns) some counties do. Might be worthwhile to check what the laws in your county are.

I know that in SC, some knives over a certain length are illegal in certain counties, even though they are legal according to the state.

I showed the wife a video on it and less than 20 seconds she said "get one". Can't disobey the wife. Oh man this is too much fun. Crossman makes them. Got mine for $159 shipped, extra mag $40. The flat dark earth was $21 cheaper than black from Jeffie. Ordered Sunday, was shooting it 10am Tues.

Hit the giggle switch and you will. 1400 rpm, 25 BB's in a second. I find it much like an AR and it's hefty. Accurate. On semi I can do 1," 25 shot groups at 20 feet. On full auto 3/4 to 1 1/4"

Reviewers complained the included loader was crap. Bullshit. I put 1-2 drops pellgun oil in the full loader, shake it up. Loader jams, shake it then load. Only happened 2 times in 25 mags. Takes about 15 sec to load a mag. When you put the 2 ea CO2 in, drop of oil on the tips. Gun will love you for the oil and seals too.

Takes 2 CO2 and 25 bb's in the mag, heavy mag. I fired 10 mags, maybe 9 if I hashmarked count wrong with 2 cylinders, 75% of it on F/A. That's 225-250 or 110-125 BB per cylinder. Many CO2 can't touch that. I have a Crossman C41 P38ish. I can get 140-150 BB per cylinder but it's also non-blowback.

Some vids attached. Both good. 2nd video he shoots something at the end, bursts into flames. Ether? I dunno but want to do it.

719513m2_ts.jpg

1620680304632-png.245526

Nice. That being said, I wouldn't go pointing the thing at a home intruder—you might just piss him off. Just the same, I wouldn't open carry the damn thing. It looks almost like the real thing. When I was a kid a group of us owned Marksman M1911 replica BB guns that ran on small gas cylinders. We'd play BB tag wearing our thick winter coats as armor. Don't try that at home kids.

Nice. That being said, I wouldn't go pointing the thing at a home intruder—you might just piss him off. Just the same, I wouldn't open carry the damn thing. It looks almost like the real thing. When I was a kid a group of us owned Marksman M1911 replica BB guns that ran on small gas cylinders. We'd play BB tag wearing our thick winter coats as armor. Don't try that at home kids.

I wouldn't open carry it either, you're right, it does look too close to the real thing.

But pointing it at a home intruder? I would. While a single shot BB gun would only piss them off, getting hit with that thing at 25 BBs/sec for several seconds would make them second guess coming into your home, and if you sprayed it all over their body, they wouldn't have time to think about anything other than being stung all over their body. While it may not be lethal, it would still hurt like hell, and very well might pierce the skin and put quite a few BBs into their body.

And, even if a couple of shots ended up not hitting the intruder, it wouldn't leave big holes in the wall. After seeing the way it pierced the cans and bottles as well as the watermelon, I'm pretty sure this would be a decent deterrent against only 1 or 2 intruders. More than that? You'd want a real gun to stop them with.

I wouldn't open carry it either, you're right, it does look too close to the real thing.

But pointing it at a home intruder? I would. While a single shot BB gun would only piss them off, getting hit with that thing at 25 BBs/sec for several seconds would make them second guess coming into your home, and if you sprayed it all over their body, they wouldn't have time to think about anything other than being stung all over their body. While it may not be lethal, it would still hurt like hell, and very well might pierce the skin and put quite a few BBs into their body.

And, even if a couple of shots ended up not hitting the intruder, it wouldn't leave big holes in the wall. After seeing the way it pierced the cans and bottles as well as the watermelon, I'm pretty sure this would be a decent deterrent against only 1 or 2 intruders. More than that? You'd want a real gun to stop them with.

There's an excellent You Tube channel, Andy's Airgun Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/aaronair. He's based in the UK and talks quite a bit about foot pounds of energy required to penetrate even light clothing, in relation to pellets and BB guns. A complex and in-depth issue for sure. Anyway, it's a fun channel to watch, if you're into that sort of thing.

There's an excellent You Tube channel, Andy's Airgun Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/aaronair. He's based in the UK and talks quite a bit about foot pounds of energy required to penetrate even light clothing, in relation to pellets and BB guns. A complex and in-depth issue for sure. Anyway, it's a fun channel to watch, if you're into that sort of thing.

Well, today's BB guns aren't anything like the days of Ralphie and A Christmas Story. This fully auto BB gun fires at 450 fps, and that is a powerful punch. This ain't your daddy's BB gun.

The BB gun legacy changed from Ralphie's comical quest to the troubled Donnie Darko shooting the stuffing out of Smurfs with the advent of adult-grade air guns.
"The industry didn't sneak this over on everybody. Their sales pitch was that these guns are powerful," says Beeman, who was at the forefront of that market expansion, turning a modest mail-order air-gun company into the international business Beeman Precision Airguns.
In the early '70s, Beeman says, Daisy split the air-gun market by creating a new line of adult air guns that were considerably more powerful than its youth guns.
The Youth Line guns, which Daisy recommended for kids 12 and older with adult supervision, fire BBs or pellets at a velocity of less than 350 feet per second, he says. Ralphie's Red Ryder, Daisy's second-best seller, was 280 to 350 fps. The "hardest hitting" of Daisy's traditional BB guns, Beeman says, was the Model 25 -- 25 million sold in 58 variations from 1914 to 1979 -- which fired in the 400 fps range.

"Around 350 feet per second is a figure you want to keep in mind," says Beeman. "At 300 to 400 fps, that's where penetration occurs in a human skin. Below 350 fps, it is generally considered capable of only limited harm. Above 350 is considered very harmful or lethal. You go into the skull probably at around 500."

This thing, with the rate of fire and the velocity, can do some serious damage.

Can you link to the company you got it from for us? I might want to get one.
Got it off amazon. Just put dpms sbr bb and it will come up. Rare earth less than black by $20, works for me. Extra mag is nice, Prob illegal forum rules to link it, easy to find. Tractor supplies have them, my LGS also. You NEED one :)

By the way, while most States don't regulate air guns (or BB guns) some counties do. Might be worthwhile to check what the laws in your county are.

I know that in SC, some knives over a certain length are illegal in certain counties, even though they are legal according to the state.
Can't have full auto BB in UK, states vary.

I got other things to point at intruders. Yes, too real, won't go anywhere! I had, still do at 67 an old Marksman 1911 spring powered. Yeah we did BB gun wars all the time. I jumped off railroad bridges, drank from hoses...

Well, today's BB guns aren't anything like the days of Ralphie and A Christmas Story. This fully auto BB gun fires at 450 fps, and that is a powerful punch. This ain't your daddy's BB gun.

The BB gun legacy changed from Ralphie's comical quest to the troubled Donnie Darko shooting the stuffing out of Smurfs with the advent of adult-grade air guns.
"The industry didn't sneak this over on everybody. Their sales pitch was that these guns are powerful," says Beeman, who was at the forefront of that market expansion, turning a modest mail-order air-gun company into the international business Beeman Precision Airguns.
In the early '70s, Beeman says, Daisy split the air-gun market by creating a new line of adult air guns that were considerably more powerful than its youth guns.
The Youth Line guns, which Daisy recommended for kids 12 and older with adult supervision, fire BBs or pellets at a velocity of less than 350 feet per second, he says. Ralphie's Red Ryder, Daisy's second-best seller, was 280 to 350 fps. The "hardest hitting" of Daisy's traditional BB guns, Beeman says, was the Model 25 -- 25 million sold in 58 variations from 1914 to 1979 -- which fired in the 400 fps range.

"Around 350 feet per second is a figure you want to keep in mind," says Beeman. "At 300 to 400 fps, that's where penetration occurs in a human skin. Below 350 fps, it is generally considered capable of only limited harm. Above 350 is considered very harmful or lethal. You go into the skull probably at around 500."

This thing, with the rate of fire and the velocity, can do some serious damage.
Oh it does crank em out. Not as fast as a PCP airgun but fast. I'll post some targets, xfer pics from my google pixel 4 to puter is a pita!
I have a tough box, welder came in it. I paste more cardboard (spray adhesive once it ate out. I drape a welding apron inside. Works good, shoot in the basement. My original was a Red Ryder Daisy in 1960, shot it for years. Got 3 newer Red's here now. Wife, me, JD. Also a Daisy model 25 pump, way cool old style.

Pretty slow at 450fps.
A decent pellet gun shoots 1200fps.
Would be fun to play around with though.

It takes more than just a "decent" pellet gun to shoot 1200fps. It takes a PCP charged pellgun to do that velocity. $1000+ This is about BB guns, $158. That pellgun shoot 25 in a second? You're comparing honey crisp apples to granny smiths. All airguns are fun I don't care what they are. My old daisy marksman spring 1911 may shoot 150fps but still fun!

There are a couple 22 and 25 cal full auto pelguns though, very cool! Here's one "Hatsan Blitz," 1050 FPS (.22), 970 FPS (.25), 730 FPS (.30). $999

2nd vid, air ordinance f/a. 600 fps, 12 rpm. $599-659, 22 pell. Watch the vid over a chrono. Starts out 258fps or so and rises, hmmmm. Cool factor it's belt fed. Belt is in the drum. It feeds from the left out of the drum and feeds the empty side of the belt back into the drum.

Last edited:
For shits and giggles. Now this is just cool, fastest bb mg. Drozd Blackbird. Watch him shred cans. Very cool. Obama banned importation to the US, made in Russia. drozdworld is about the only place, and they have none, not even a price listed. I have seen them used at $750. Supposedly there is a US mfg now, droidworld? I dunno, let them catch up.

Forum List

Back