Brownback Makes It Okay to Discriminate Against LGBT in Kansas

I love it when someone asked a gay baker to bake cup cakes which said gay marriage is wrong. It refused and the liberals said it had the right to do so. Can I say hypocrite? It's okay for one, but not the other.

Because the person asking for it was not part of a "protected class" which is prog-speak for "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Gov. Brownback rescinded an executive order by former Gov. Kathleen Sibelius that made it illegal to discriminate against state employees who are LGBT.

Kansas governor rescinds protections for gay state workers - Yahoo News

What is it with bigots and their desire to discriminate against gay people? It's as if they always have to have someone to shit on. If it isn't black thugs and welfare queens, it's diseased children from South of the border, immoral atheists, or violent evil Muslims forcing us to live under Sharia law. Anybody different than they are deserving of discrimination, oppression, persecution, and/or death.

But gays, now that's where they can get away with it. Cause it's a "lifestyle" choice, right? Isn't religion a lifestyle choice?

Don't worry, bigots, your days as oppressors are numbered.

And yet your bigotry against religious people is A-OK?

To be fair, considering this is government we are talking about, his rescinding of the order is both unfair and kind of mean-spirited, as well as just plain dumb. However when your side goes around forcing bakers and photographers to work at gay weddings or face government sanction, don't be surprised when you get blow back like this.

What bigotry against religious people? Mine personally or ours as a people or the government's? Against whom? Christians or all people of faith?

Public accommodation laws are another debate entirely. Gay marriage is about equality under the law. You don't have to personally accept it.

And until public accommodation laws are changed, people who don't want to be involved in gay marriages should probably be "too busy" or "all booked up" when people whose money and worth isn't good enough come to hire them for their wedding service.

This thread isn't about gay marriage either, its about anti-discrimination laws, which are closely related to public accommodation laws.

And unlike democrats, most religious people don't want to have to lie to follow their faith. The easier path is to allow an exception when it comes to non-essential commerce such as this.
I don't believe the gheys will try to have sex with the religious people...

Gov. Brownback rescinded an executive order by former Gov. Kathleen Sibelius that made it illegal to discriminate against state employees who are LGBT.

What is it with bigots and their desire to discriminate against gay people? It's as if they always have to have someone to shit on. If it isn't black thugs and welfare queens, it's diseased children from South of the border, immoral atheists, or violent evil Muslims forcing us to live under Sharia law. Anybody different than they are deserving of discrimination, oppression, persecution, and/or death.

But gays, now that's where they can get away with it. Cause it's a "lifestyle" choice, right? Isn't religion a lifestyle choice?

To be fair, considering this is government we are talking about, his rescinding of the order is both unfair and kind of mean-spirited, as well as just plain dumb. However when your side goes around forcing bakers and photographers to work at gay weddings or face government sanction, don't be surprised when you get blow back like this.

What bigotry against religious people? Mine personally or ours as a people or the government's? Against whom? Christians or all people of faith?

Public accommodation laws are another debate entirely. Gay marriage is about equality under the law. You don't have to personally accept it.

And until public accommodation laws are changed, people who don't want to be involved in gay marriages should probably be "too busy" or "all booked up" when people whose money and worth isn't good enough come to hire them for their wedding service.

This thread isn't about gay marriage either, its about anti-discrimination laws, which are closely related to public accommodation laws.

And unlike democrats, most religious people don't want to have to lie to follow their faith. The easier path is to allow an exception when it comes to non-essential commerce such as this.
I don't believe the gheys will try to have sex with the religious people...

Thank you for adding zero content to this thread. You are the Splenda of US message board.

Is that a threat????

STUPID COMMENT ^^^

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Have you noticed how many amendments to our Constitution were needed to fight back against people like Brownback (funny how his name is mindful of Brownshirt).

From what I saw in the article Brownback removed "Protected Class" status that nobody else had. Being a member of a protected class means you receive special rights, privileges, and protections no other class can get.

I'm sure a bigot like you will say if we don't treat gays differently from straights we're all evil homophobes.

Brownback said he was rescinding a 2007 order signed by former Governor Kathleen Sebelius that established a "protected class of rights" for state employees specifically for sexual orientation and gender identity.

In its place, Brownback said he was issuing an executive order that would boost state employment-related aid for veterans and disabled people, while reaffirming the state's "commitment" to employment practices that do not discriminate based on "race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry or age."

No one cares if you're gay.

I'm not gay. Just a correction for your misunderstanding.

But I am anti-bigot. I'm a bigot to bigots. Get ready for gay marriage nation-wide, bigots. Even Scalia thinks it's coming. Your kind will be left as a footnote in history, like those against interracial marriage, civil rights, and slavery.

That still makes you a bigot, bigot.

Do you tolerate pedophiles? How about people on welfare, do you tolerate them? How about government employees, liberals, progressives, Democrats, gays, lesbians?

Is that a threat????

sounds like it is to me
Militant homosexuals threatening the rest of the people in the country. then they wonder why people aren't more accepting. I refuse to be BULLIED by them

Is that a threat????

Not a threat of harm, but an inevitability of justice.

But I am anti-bigot. I'm a bigot to bigots. Get ready for gay marriage nation-wide, bigots. Even Scalia thinks it's coming. Your kind will be left as a footnote in history, like those against interracial marriage, civil rights, and slavery.

You sure sound gay.

From what I saw in the article Brownback removed "Protected Class" status that nobody else had. Being a member of a protected class means you receive special rights, privileges, and protections no other class can get.

I'm sure a bigot like you will say if we don't treat gays differently from straights we're all evil homophobes.

Brownback said he was rescinding a 2007 order signed by former Governor Kathleen Sebelius that established a "protected class of rights" for state employees specifically for sexual orientation and gender identity.

In its place, Brownback said he was issuing an executive order that would boost state employment-related aid for veterans and disabled people, while reaffirming the state's "commitment" to employment practices that do not discriminate based on "race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry or age."

What special rights? Not to be discriminated against by the government?

Notice how "sexual orientation" was not included in his statement?

Is that a threat????
Well, if you mean as a threat that the anti-gay bigots will be going the way of the old Segregationists....I guess a timid, pearl clutching poster could take it as a threat.

You sure sound gay.
You have gaydar? About time you acknowledged that. :clap:

Last edited:

Exactly how is the government discriminating?

someone asked a gay baker to bake cup cakes which said gay marriage is wrong.

Um nope, he wanted a cake with a hateful OT bible verse on it and the baker refused to put it on the cake. Similar to the guy who wanted a birthday cake with "Happy Birthday Hitler" on it and the baker in that case refused as well. I believe the new case is still pending.

That still makes you a bigot, bigot.

Not tolerating intolerance isn't bigotry. It's morality.

As long as its not government doing the intolerance, tolerating it is called freedom, and the price we pay for a free society.

You really think it is moral to force a private person to accept or even condone a behavior they find sinful?

No one has to personally accept homosexuality or gay marriage or condone it. You can still be a racist in this country. You just can't do it through the government or as a business.

You sure sound gay.
You have gaydar?

I have no idea what gaydar is. I do believe that when people defend a lifestyle, their defending it because they are living it.

Exactly how is the government discriminating?

If a person is fired from their state job because he or she is gay, then the government is discriminating against that person.

Seems pretty obvious.

someone asked a gay baker to bake cup cakes which said gay marriage is wrong.

Um nope, he wanted a cake with a hateful OT bible verse on it and the baker refused to put it on the cake. Similar to the guy who wanted a birthday cake with "Happy Birthday Hitler" on it and the baker in that case refused as well. I believe the new case is still pending.
You do one, you do the other only fair.

Forum List

Back