'Broke and hungry?' This Virginia restaurant is offering one free meal a day, no questions asked.

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Wow! Just when I want to give up on people..I read something like this!

When the COVID-19 pandemic began in the U.S. last year, a Virginia restaurant’s customers stepped up, hoping to ensure the restaurant’s survival through tough times.

a sign above a store: Perfectly Frank in Norfolk, Virginia, is hoping customers pay it forward, purchasing meals in advance so those who are hungry and in need can get something to eat.

One year later, Perfectly Frank’s customers are still stepping up — this time to ensure the community makes it through what are still challenging times. Customers are paying for meals and leaving receipts on a board. Anyone who is hungry and wants something to eat can take one, no questions asked, and redeem it at the register for some food.
Tarah Morris, the owner of the restaurant that has been on Old Dominion University’s campus for nearly 16 years, said people have been donating money since the start of the pandemic, and that money has gone to feeding the homeless in the area.
The idea for the board of free meals came after a donor came in with $100 for each member of her 15-person staff. After two staffers returned their share, there was $700 leftover, Morris said.
“We felt like it was kind of a nice chunk to do something bigger,” she said.

She added: “We don’t ask any questions. We don’t need to know what the details are. They could be eating it themselves. They could be bringing it to a neighbor. They could be dropping it off to a homeless guy on the corner.”

When the COVID-19 pandemic began in the U.S. last year, a Virginia restaurant’s customers stepped up, hoping to ensure the restaurant’s survival through tough times.

a sign above a store: Perfectly Frank in Norfolk, Virginia, is hoping customers pay it forward, purchasing meals in advance so those who are hungry and in need can get something to eat.

One year later, Perfectly Frank’s customers are still stepping up — this time to ensure the community makes it through what are still challenging times. Customers are paying for meals and leaving receipts on a board. Anyone who is hungry and wants something to eat can take one, no questions asked, and redeem it at the register for some food.
Tarah Morris, the owner of the restaurant that has been on Old Dominion University’s campus for nearly 16 years, said people have been donating money since the start of the pandemic, and that money has gone to feeding the homeless in the area.
The idea for the board of free meals came after a donor came in with $100 for each member of her 15-person staff. After two staffers returned their share, there was $700 leftover, Morris said.

She added: “We don’t ask any questions. We don’t need to know what the details are. They could be eating it themselves. They could be bringing it to a neighbor. They could be dropping it off to a homeless guy on the corner.”
I heard Melania and Barron were there last night ;-) :stir:

I heard Melania and Barron were there last night ;-) :stir:
u need a hearing aid then

must be republicans,, cause we all know dems are to stingy to give away anything,,

Thank you so much for that article.

I needed some good news this morning.

must be republicans,, cause we all know dems are to stingy to give away anything,,
Perhaps..and i know this may shock you..they have no political agenda at all?
Maybe, like many of us, they see that despite the different labels..the people in power don't give a shyte about the homeless and hungry..and decided to do their bit?

Maybe, like many of us, they see that despite the different labels..the people in power don't give a shyte about the homeless and hungry..and decided to do their bit?

no agenda is needed,, its a well known fact dems dont donate to the poor and repubes do,,,

the dems prefer to have the government steal from others and give to the poor so they dont have too,,

And the prices for food is going up in supermarkets. Perhaps they could keep the prices down for us all. After all....poverty was beaten many decade ago with the War on Poverty by the Great Society agenda. What makes it worse is South Korea was closer to an agrarain society at that time then a high tech one. Today they can donate money to us for our people who are still in poverty. We show clowns on stage telling us how important they are in commercials. The real issue is that South Korea learned how to build the stage while the self important people of the Village people promote themselves in drama.

no agenda is needed,, its a well known fact dems dont donate to the poor and repubes do,,,

the dems prefer to have the government steal from others and give to the poor so they dont have too,,
How...nice..of you to take a selfless act of charity and kindness and foul it up with your political shit.

How...nice..of you to take a selfless act of charity and kindness and foul it up with your political shit.

your welcome,,

Thank you so much for that article.

I needed some good news this morning.
Did he mention the restaurant owner was a Trump supporting insurgent sent from the pit of hell to give AOC nightmares?

LOL.

Yeah but the restaurant is on a college campus. We know that professors are never broke and hungry so they must be talking about students who eat in the college cafeteria and could tap their parents for beer money with a simple phone call.

Forum List

Back