Brittany Griner

Griner became massively entitled in America—“I’m black, I’m a lesbian and I’m a leftist, so I’m a superior person and basically above the law.” Then she discovered, to her astonishment, that other countries don’t see it that way!
This didn't age well

This didn't age well

Regardless of whether you agree with her political or social stances she's a US Citizen. Now she's a US Citizen who broke the law in the foreign country a law Im pretty sure she knew about or at least had some understanding that Russia didnt take kindly to drugs and especially foreigners with drugs. We should be working to get her back to the US. Im not sure we should be offering a known weapons smuggler, but we could make the trade and then label him a terrorist. That way we could whack him if he ever left Russia again.

This would never have happened if women would have been out supporting the WNBA. Filling the seats, buying the merchandise, watching it on TV. The WNBA has been in existence now for 26 seasons, and NOT one single time have they been profitable, and in fact if not for money from the NBA, the league would have folded years ago. You want 'equality' in pay for play, that would have kept players like Griner home? Then get out there and support your team women!!

If the USA bails her out to the endangerment of millions of others (dangerous prisoner swap), first thing she will do upon return is take a knee and discuss how horrible the USA is.

It seems she is an entitled ingrate who hates her country.
What kind of fools coddle and defend someone who hates them and works to undermine them?
Perhaps she will come to love Russia.
I see absolutely no reason to barter for her release. She broke Russian laws. WTF.

The reason the current administration will stop at no expense (to you) to get her home is to laugh at the giant "Fuck You" to Patriots and Americans everywhere who love their country.
This is mostly about denigration and humiliation.

This is so much bullshit. We should not accept their legal system. Their system is corrupt and designed to oppress not to mete out justice. We need to give Ukraine the deadliest weapons we have and we need to move forces into surrounding countries.
What should we do? Bomb Moscow?

Im confused by the narrative/expectations surrounding this story for a number of reasons.

Let me say that I want this woman to be returned to the US swiftly and safely. She's a US citizen, and our government should be working to get her returned home.
Bullshit. The State Department is saying she's being unjustly held but she is guilty, admitted she was guilty, was found guilty, of violating Russian law.

She's a criminal. There are others in Russian prisons for the very same thing: possession of marijuana, and the State Department hasn't declared them "unjustly held" and aren't including them in their deal proposal.

The only reason they're trying to get her back is because she's a black lesbian and Biden's LGBTQ Masters are demanding that he bring her home.

She'll probably get the Medal of Freedom when she gets home because one reason to get the medal is to be a lesbian athlete. If white lesbian athlete can get one then certainly a black lesbian must get one.

Bullshit. The State Department is saying she's being unjustly held but she is guilty, admitted she was guilty, was found guilty, of violating Russian law.

She's a criminal. There are others in Russian prisons for the very same thing: possession of marijuana, and the State Department hasn't declared them "unjustly held" and aren't including them in their deal proposal.

The only reason they're trying to get her back is because she's a black lesbian and Biden's LGBTQ Masters are demanding that he bring her home.

She'll probably get the Medal of Freedom when she gets home because one reason to get the medal is to be a lesbian athlete. If white lesbian athlete can get one then certainly a black lesbian must get one.

As opposed to "white privilege" here in the USA! "Karens" exist mostly here in this country! Sick b!tches! :eusa_shhh: :eek:

This would never have happened if women would have been out supporting the WNBA. Filling the seats, buying the merchandise, watching it on TV. The WNBA has been in existence now for 26 seasons, and NOT one single time have they been profitable, and in fact if not for money from the NBA, the league would have folded years ago. You want 'equality' in pay for play, that would have kept players like Griner home? Then get out there and support your team women!!
Women's basketball like Women's soccer are only popular with lesbians and there aren't enough to support professional sports. I have no interest in Women's basketball at all. If Griner had not broken Russian law I would never have heard of her.

Why? And I mean that. WHY?

There are others in Russian prisons FAR more deserving, but you don't hear about them. They weren't "social justice warriors" I guess
Because she's an American citizen? I get that you dont like her but she's still an American.

Because she's an American citizen? I get that you dont like her but she's still an American.
Are you asking if she's an American citizen?

Russia can have "her." Why the focus on this person while never mentioning the others who are far more worthy? Nobody mentions them.

The State Dept says that about most people who are arrested in countries we have issues with. They've said it about Paul Whelan, as well as Trevor Reed. Neither of which were imprisoned for possession of drugs. Can you give a name of a US citizen in jail for drug possession in Russia?

I would agree that if she werent who she is there would be a lot less attention given to her regarding this issue. I would also agree that's she has in large part brought this down on herself. That said.

Her political/social stances should have zero to do with the US working to get her out of Russia.

As opposed to "white privilege" here in the USA! "Karens" exist mostly here in this country! Sick b!tches! :eusa_shhh: :eek:
What does "white privilege" in the US have do Griner getting arrested in Russia? If anything you can make the argument that Griner's "privilege" here in the US lead her to believe the rules didn't apply to her anywhere just like in the US.

Again I'll axe. Why your focus on this idiot while ignoring the plight of Paul Whelan and the others?

I havent? I talked about the other Americans detained in Russia in post #1.

Also do you want to provide a link to all the posts you were making about Paul Whelan prior to Griner being detained?

Forum List

Back