Brittany Griner

Now you are getting unreasonable here since is about a low level drug that waste money and resources to punish someone in a jail not about what goes on in Afghanistan that isn't about drugs at all.

It is governments who has created the widespread drug culture problem in the first place.

This gets overlooked all the time which why the "war on drugs" is a massive failure.
So again you are projecting an American perspective onto the issue. YOU DONT GET TO DETERMINE WHICH LAWS ARE OR ARE NOT VALID FOR OTHER COUNTRIES. They are allowed to be wrong. Their laws being "wrong" is of little solace to Griner right now is it?

So again you are projecting an American perspective onto the issue. YOU DONT GET TO DETERMINE WHICH LAWS ARE OR ARE NOT VALID FOR OTHER COUNTRIES. They are allowed to be wrong. Their laws being "wrong" is of little solace to Griner right now is it?

Now you are getting emotional here since laws no matter where they are can be shown to be stupid self defeating and damaging to people.

I am projecting rational thinking here since the widespread anti drug laws is the dominant reason why we have a huge drug war going on all over the freaking world because the stupid anti drug laws has made it LUCRATIVE to the criminals who benefit from it.

You apparently have never learned from the utter failure of the PROHOBITION law that greatly spawned the power of the mob and their criminal brothers off shore that exist to this day.

Now you are getting emotional here since laws no matter where they are can be shown to be stupid self defeating and damaging to people.

I am projecting rational thinking here since the widespread anti drug laws is the dominant reason why we have a huge drug war going on all over the freaking world because the stupid anti drug laws has made it LUCRATIVE to the criminals who benefit from it.

You apparently have never learned from the utter failure of the PROHOBITION law that greatly spawned the power of the mob and their criminal brothers off shore that exist to this day.
What does that have to do with what’s happening with Griner in Russia right now? Does it matter that you or I think the law is stupid or counterproductive? If Biden calls Putin and says "hey your laws are dumb" Im sure Putin will just have her released and put on a plane that day back to the US right? Your opinion of the law is irrelevant.

I didn't realize you can be in jail for many weeks for speeding over 10 mph.... wow!

I know it is the law down there which is why they have a growing drug culture since being illegal makes it lucrative which is why they increase the flow and aggressive sale on the streets to create a new bad of automatic repeat sales.

That is the fault of the government who help criminal become rich and more easily corrupt the nations leaders and local law enforcement who find easy money too hard to resist.

I posit that it is the Governments who is generating the drug problem with their dumb and useless laws that greatly benefits the criminals.
In CA 15mph over can become reckless driving. Fines, jail, etc. In some cases it's considered worse than DUI.

In CA 15mph over can become reckless driving. Fines, jail, etc. In some cases it's considered worse than DUI.
He thinks that law is stupid so he doesnt have to follow it and nothing will happen to him when he gets caught apparently because of his opinion of said law....

What does that have to do with what’s happening with Griner in Russia right now? Does it matter that you or I think the law is stupid or counterproductive? If Biden calls Putin and says "hey your laws are dumb" Im sure Putin will just have her released and put on a plane that day back to the US right? Your opinion of the law is irrelevant.

Being rational about how we treat people and drugs is always the same the world over which is why you should oppose them as they are utter failures and costing them people lives lost of productivity waste of resources and generating a lot of secondary crime waves all the fault of governments who sets the table that so favors the cartels.

I notice you keep ignoring about the long known Governments culpability in creating the drug war in the first place because the anti drug laws governments the world over makes criminals try hard to build a drug cartel that brings in BILLIONS for them every year which can buy deadly weapons most police don't have in their gun cabinet at all thus badly outgunned.

Jailing Brittany in jail over a token drug possession while governments maintaining the existence of drug Cartels by their useless anti drug laws is pure stupidity which you ignore because you want to support brain dead drug laws that is the SOLE cause of drug abuse and crime waves in the streets in the first place.

Being rational about how we treat people and drugs is always the same the world over which is why you should oppose them as they are utter failures and costing them people lives lost of productivity waste of resources and generating a lot of secondary crime waves all the fault of governments who sets the table that so favors the cartels.

I notice you keep ignoring about the long known Governments culpability in creating the drug war in the first place because the anti drug laws governments the world over makes criminals try hard to build a drug cartel that brings in BILLIONS for them every year which can buy deadly weapons most police don't have in their gun cabinet at all thus badly outgunned.

Jailing Brittany in jail over a token drug possession while governments maintaining the existence of drug Cartels by their useless anti drug laws is pure stupidity which you ignore because you want to support brain dead drug laws that is the SOLE cause of drug abuse and crime waves in the streets in the first place.
Thanks. This is zero to do with and will do nothing to help the situation with Griner in Russia.

I didn't realize you can be in jail for many weeks for speeding over 10 mph.... wow!

I know it is the law down there which is why they have a growing drug culture since being illegal makes it lucrative which is why they increase the flow and aggressive sale on the streets to create a new bad of automatic repeat sales.

That is the fault of the government who help criminal become rich and more easily corrupt the nations leaders and local law enforcement who find easy money too hard to resist.

I posit that it is the Governments who is generating the drug problem with their dumb and useless laws that greatly benefits the criminals.
The fact you don't like a law in a foreign country doesn't give you the right to break it. If you don't like the laws, don't go there. It's entitled attitudes like yours that get people in trouble. You are in their country and are not entitled to take your own value system as the law.

Thanks. This is zero to do with and will do nothing to help the situation with Griner in Russia.

Actually, the failure of the government is the reason why they detain a harmless person with a tiny vial of oil while their stupid anti-drug laws has generated bushels full of criminals and corruption in their nations it is a major reason why their large gangs are taking over areas of large cities as they run the drug smuggling trade.

YOU are the one defending stupid government laws that is slowly destroying countries over time.

How rational is that fella?

Actually, the failure of the government is the reason why they detain a harmless person with a tiny vial of oil while their stupid anti-drug laws has generated bushels full of criminals and corruption in their nations it is a major reason why their large gangs are taking over areas of large cities as they run the drug smuggling trade.

YOU are the one defending stupid government laws that is slowly destroying countries over time.

How rational is that fella?
LOL ok. You can rant all you want about the Russian Government and say that their laws are stupid but that and 1.50 will get you a cheap cup of coffee. This thread isnt about what should be it's about what is.

And Im not defending anything. Im operating in the real world not some fantasy like you. Do you think we will enact governmental policy change in Russia in time for it to matter for Brittany Griner?

LOL ok. You can rant all you want about the Russian Government and say that their laws are stupid but that and 1.50 will get you a cheap cup of coffee. This thread isnt about what should be it's about what is.

And Im not defending anything. Im operating in the real world not some fantasy like you. Do you think we will enact governmental policy change in Russia in time for it to matter for Brittany Griner?

No, YOU are the one ignoring the real cause of why they detain her in the first place, and I am talking about ALL the governments who passed the anti drugs laws that created this never ending drug war which the governments created we so enjoy today (Sarcasm alert) the one YOU want to ignore because you prefer to defend the very laws that directly contribute to over a HALF MILLION deaths and property destruction every year.

You are the one in denial about what is going on about the anti drug laws damaging effect on societies of the world.

That is crazy.

No, YOU are the one ignoring the real cause of why they detain her in the first place, and I am talking about ALL the governments who passed the anti drugs laws that created this never ending drug war which the governments created we so enjoy today (Sarcasm alert) the one YOU want to ignore because you prefer to defend the very laws that directly contribute to over a MILLION deaths every year.

You are the one in denial about what is going on about the anti drug laws damaging effect on societies of the world.
Im 100% sure they detained her because it's illegal to possess that substance in Russia. That's the only reason they detained her. Regardless of whether it's good or smart for Russia to have those laws they do and there's zero we can do at this time to enact change to that fact that will help Brittany Griner. And if you travel in a country that has those laws and you choose to break them you're going to be held accountable according to their laws not your sense of what the laws should be.

Im 100% sure they detained her because it's illegal to possess that substance in Russia. That's the only reason they detained her. Regardless of whether it's good or smart for Russia to have those laws they do and there's zero we can do at this time to enact change to that fact that will help Brittany Griner. And if you travel in a country that has those laws and you choose to break them you're going to be held accountable according to their laws not your sense of what the laws should be.
You are correct, but you can never teach an entitled Karon to view anything objectively.

Forum List

Back