Breonna Taylor case: Grand jury recordings released

Don't get me wrong - it was a tragedy that this girl was caught in the middle of all of this and she ended up getting killed. I feel bad and pray for her and her family...but damn.... this all was NEEDLESS, pointless, and a complete waste....
Why couldnt they pull back and talk him out ?
he shot? that whole self defense thing really can't sink into your head. that tells me all I need to know tommy.

I'll tell you what, they pull back and then what? summarize that for us what happens next?e
Nobody gets killed and the city saves 12 million for a start.
that's not an answer. what comes next? do you think the DEA folks just leave? dude, I asked you to play out the scenario with your retreat, what comes next, the DEA officers ain't going anywhere. you think tenants in the complex are safe with a dug dealer lunatic with a gun shooting up the place? or don't you care about the innocent folks in the complex. and if you don't care, why do you care about the girl that got shot? I guess no one's life is of any value.
It is an answer. The police should have the skills to de-escalate the situation. And nobody dies. If a few bags of drugs get flushed away so what ?
Cops are supposed to de escalate a situation where they are being shot at? Are you fucking retarded? :cuckoo:
Well that would have been the correct thing to do. The gunman isnt going anywhere and they have time to de-escalate and sort things out so that the innocent do not get hurt. That is what happens here in civilisation.
When someone is shooting at you, you dont have time to de escalate, and its insulting to our intelligence that you would even suggest such a thing. If someone is shooting at you, you better shoot back quick, unless you want to die.

One shot was fired. He had every right to fire at intruders who where breaking down the door.
They had every right to shoot back.

He does not. He claimed the police identified themselves before they knocked. He did not mention that a dozen witnesses said they heard no knock and the one witness who said they did changed his story. The whole case hinges on that. If they police did not knock then the police were responsible for Taylor's death. Cameron lied
It was a no need to knock warrant.

perhaps know the law asswipe

The AG presents certain facts to the grand jury. He told them that it was proven that the police knocked before entering. That was false. He is a racist who made sure a white family got justice
It was a no knock warrant asswipe

No one was charged with the killing of Breanna Taylor. It is interesting that a white family lived in that apartment. Apparently you get protected if you are white
More fairy tales huh?

You said you reported a poster for wishing the same thing happens to you, to show you
Against forum rules

No its not.
It is just saying that if you claim it was legal, even though Breonna did absolutely wrong or illegal, then the response is ALWAYS to say, "how would you feel if it happened to you", if you are so good with how the police acted.
Not at all in any way against forum rules.
Forum rules. Take it up with them.

police found a dead body in the car Breonna Taylor was renting.

That was in 2016, and had nothing to do with Breonna.

{...
The documents also alleged that back in 2016, the body of Fernandez Bowman was found in a car rented by Breonna Taylor. When LMPD detectives arrived at Taylor's home to question her, Glover was there. Taylor told the detectives she did not know Bowman, that she had been dating Glover for several months and that she had let him drive the rental car. She also gave detectives her phone number, which was a number that Glover was still using as recently as February of this year, according to the documents.
...}
You said it didn’t happen. Fk an A huh?

He does not. He claimed the police identified themselves before they knocked. He did not mention that a dozen witnesses said they heard no knock and the one witness who said they did changed his story. The whole case hinges on that. If they police did not knock then the police were responsible for Taylor's death. Cameron lied.
He's a prosecutor. They only lie when their lips move.

This was a very bad idea.

The defence now has instant grounds for appeal should their clients be convicting sighting this as making it impossible to get a fair jury.

Grand Jury deliberations are secret for a reason, so as witnesses not fear to testify but also so innocent charged are not tainted in public.

This was a basic violation of US legal procedure.

The left couldn't possibly care about this case, or any black person, less if they tried. Not one bit.

So, whether protests they make and whatever frenzy they get whipped up into, it is all virtue signaling, Lord of the Flies crap.

They spit on truth every single day of their lives and all they do is pretzel twist their logic in such a way where any tragedy is used as political opportunity and that's it.

That's all.

The defence now has instant grounds for appeal should their clients be convicting sighting this as making it impossible to get a fair jury.

Grand Jury deliberations are secret for a reason, so as witnesses not fear to testify but also so innocent charged are not tainted in public.

Things are changing. Seems that there are even judges that are growing tired of the lies of law enforcement. If our system can not be fair and honest it needs to fall apart.

I am telling you the officer charged if convicted will now get off on appeal.

This was a political act that did not care about the judicial outcome.

Don't get me wrong - it was a tragedy that this girl was caught in the middle of all of this and she ended up getting killed. I feel bad and pray for her and her family...but damn.... this all was NEEDLESS, pointless, and a complete waste....
Why couldnt they pull back and talk him out ?

Because they thought drugs were in the apartment, and just surrounding the place gives them time to flush the evidence down the toilet.

Which is more important? Finding drugs or refraining from harming innocent people?

So the police should only do a warrant search if there is zero risk of harming someone?

They announced, they knocked, he shot at them.

Whether they knocked and announced themselves is questionable. Only 1 person claims they knocked and announced their presence. Everyone else heard nothing. He changed his story after initially telling the police they did not knock or announce their presence. Yet Cameron told the grand jury that they had conclusively determined the police had knocked and announced their presence. The fact that charges against Walker was dropped shows how shaky this whole thing is.

The police said they knocked and announced, one person was brave enough to confirm that.

They dropped the charges for political reasons, people are claiming they didn't hear the cops for political reasons.

Or maybe they told the truth and the one witness lied. The fact that all charges were dropped tells you who is telling the truth. You are the piece of dogshit that is playing politics. The upcoming Biden Administration should open up a civil rights investigation of the police and the AG.,

That the charges were dropped just shows how gutless the DA is.

The same police that are going to enforce all the new gun laws your side wants to pass?

What charges were dropped?

One officer was charged with wanton endangerment because he shot into a neighboring apartment.

No one was charged with the killing of Breanna Taylor. It is interesting that a white family lived in that apartment. Apparently you get protected if you are white.
Well, it usually helps if you're not involved in drug dealing and shooting at cops...

Did you provide any actual backup for your claim? Cuomo is fudging the numbers because he fucked up.

Actually, I've posted this several times..

Only 15% of Covid Deaths in NY have been in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living, compared to 42% for the country at large.

He didn't wear a mask when talking, how do you know he wasn't wearing a mask at other times?

Point was, he has repeatedly refused to wear a mask, even mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask the day before he caught Covid and spread it to his wife and half the staff.

Nice attempt again at a weak link with no basis in fact. More dishonest posting from the most dishonest person on this board.

No weak link at all. Trump has encouraged racist, anti-government violence since the day he got in. Are you really surprised this is happening? I'm not.

It's quite simple, actually: Joey is a Stalinist. He dreams of having those he does not like (and their children) terrorized, physically attacked, and possibly murdered.

yet your side gets on here and justifies an innocent woman being murdered in her home.

Things are changing. Seems that there are even judges that are growing tired of the lies of law enforcement. If our system can not be fair and honest it needs to fall apart
Too funny. Who signs warrants?

Things are changing. Seems that there are even judges that are growing tired of the lies of law enforcement. If our system can not be fair and honest it needs to fall apart.

In terms of our judicial system, what system in your mind would be more "fair"....?

Did you provide any actual backup for your claim? Cuomo is fudging the numbers because he fucked up.

Actually, I've posted this several times..

Only 15% of Covid Deaths in NY have been in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living, compared to 42% for the country at large.

By those standards (not saying that your numbers are correct or not) according to John's Hopkins the US has 7.7 million cases of Covid, with 213K deaths, that is 2.8%, So, if I were you I'd say that Trump has had ONLY 2.8% death rate as oppose to a 7.4% rate in the UK, and 10.3% rate in Mexico....It is a numbers game you are playing instead of the outrageous action of placing covid positive patients in nursing homes along side what Cuomo knew was the most vunerable population...

Forum List

Back