Breeding Hatred For America By Americans

Over and over the evidence is irrefutable. The nation is irretrievably broken with no point on which conservatives and liberals can compromise.

It was YOUR party who wrote bills and sponsered them and worked to get them past and the momment President Obama said he would sign them the entire republican party railed against the bill they had written and sponsered and voted against it.

That is all you need to know about WHERE the refusal to work together comes from.

Are you talking about America or Syria?

All it takes is surrender.

Everyone must be thinking these days, what's wrong with this country.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.
Wow, now you want to censor Hollywood, that's a riot.

Your point is valid though. Look at the meltdown on the right when Clint Eastwood did a hopeful commercial about the resilience of Americans. Y'all don't want America portrayed as a good place.

The outrage over that commercial was the implied endorsement of Obama as President for 4 more years. It was politics, not advertising.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.
Wow, now you want to censor Hollywood, that's a riot.

Your point is valid though. Look at the meltdown on the right when Clint Eastwood did a hopeful commercial about the resilience of Americans. Y'all don't want America portrayed as a good place.

Really? If America is such a good place why does brock want to "fundamentally change it." she wondered

Obama on Sunday pretty much stated that he didn't like the framework of our Constitution, so the quote you say is ignorant, isn't.
The only way to be a Texan, is to be born a Texan.

And I think God I am not a Texan. But I gotta ask; you a product of the Texas educational system. You know the one that is like last in the nation for educating students.

Or a democrat president lamenting the fact that he can not force congress to do his bidding.

Wait, let me guess, you are from Texas also. Did you go to school with the other semi literate writer?

Upset because dems suck and hate the constitution?
BTW I am from New Jersey.
I missed the "ce".

Over and over the evidence is irrefutable. The nation is irretrievably broken with no point on which conservatives and liberals can compromise.

It was YOUR party who wrote bills and sponsered them and worked to get them past and the momment President Obama said he would sign them the entire republican party railed against the bill they had written and sponsered and voted against it.

That is all you need to know about WHERE the refusal to work together comes from.

If a bill was passed by the house they couldn't change it if the senate also passed it without changes. Blame Reid for being an obstructionist.

Making up lies?

:lol::lol::lol:

Ohhhh come on.... give me a f-ing break.

Have some more faith in your own god damn countrymen. Look around you. Get on the streets and look around you. Even though people are facing hardships, they still love living in this country, they still like this country.

The only people who believe such hyperbolic crap have to be the conservatives who can't go one damn day thinking about Anti-American Americans in people which is such a ridiculous concept when applied to nearly any American.

Most who criticize America do so because they love this country, and want to see it be better.

That's all well and good to say, but when you see people directly and unambiguously denouncing America it is hard to avoid the conclusion that they are anti-Ameican.

Making up lies?

So you don't think primary candidates are tearing each other down?

You actually trust Obama?

And Obama never said he supported OWS?

Living in denial much?

America could be a good place if it wasn't for liberals. Since there are definitely liberals, America is not a good place.

There are 'Conservatives' in America, people like you, and America is still a very good place. There are plenty of conservatives and liberals working to make it that way in spite of people like you.

Yes, there is plenty we can do to make it even better, and it is past time to get off our collective asses and make that effort.

Making up lies?

Living in denial much?

1. Yes, they are, quite a show.

2. Yes, he has tried to do most of what he stated that he would, and has acheived some of his goals. We have the beginning of a health care system, and Bin Laden and many of his henchmen are dead.

3. Don't remember him specifically stating that, but it doesn't matter. I support OWS. Don't like some of the freaks that try to barge in on the show, but for the most part they are saying things that need to be said.

4. Not at all. I live in reality. In a warming world due to AGW, as the vast majority of the world's scientists have pointed out. I live in a world where education and daily self education is the key to understanding what is happening around you. I actually live in a world where the people that disagree with me may be right, unlike you 'Conservatives'.

Making up lies?

Living in denial much?

I think the president is doing what he thinks is best for America. I felt the same way about President Bush too. I don't agree with everything either one of them has/have done.

I think you are lying when you say the president supports anarchy in the streets.

You condemn the Republicans for lying about each other then spread a whopper of your own.

Last edited:

Care to tell us which one(s)?

I can think of one example but then I'd have to start another thread to discuss the various reasons why.

Just answer the question.

Making up lies?

Living in denial much?

1. Yes, they are, quite a show.

2. Yes, he has tried to do most of what he stated that he would, and has acheived some of his goals. We have the beginning of a health care system, and Bin Laden and many of his henchmen are dead.

3. Don't remember him specifically stating that, but it doesn't matter. I support OWS. Don't like some of the freaks that try to barge in on the show, but for the most part they are saying things that need to be said.

4. Not at all. I live in reality. In a warming world due to AGW, as the vast majority of the world's scientists have pointed out. I live in a world where education and daily self education is the key to understanding what is happening around you. I actually live in a world where the people that disagree with me may be right, unlike you 'Conservatives'.

Anyone who watches Discovery knows that volcanoes and methane bubbles from our seas release more harmful gases than humans. Water vapor has more to do with Global Warming than we do. The Dems just haven't discovered a way to get rich off of water vapor.

However I noticed you agreed with me on everything else, yet said I was wrong, which is basically a direct conflict with what you said before. Could it be you just won't admit that we are in agreement?

Personally I think you have been conditioned to be in opposition to conservatives in general. Not what each one believes individually. That's what's wrong with this country. You don't have a problem with the individual, but with a false image.

Conservatives like things to stay the same. They most likely believe in a higher being. They love to show pride in their country. They like honest, straight-talking leaders that cut through the BS. You feel they're only Republicans, racists, ignorant, mouth-breathing, backwards nerds. I think the media, our schools, our movies, have all conditioned you to think this way.

It's what happens when you have a political party that's 90% of one race and one religion all have a similar view on education and science. It's not a secret and it's not something that can be denied. That lack of diversity breeds hatred.

Seems to me that attempts to force diversity are much more likely to breed hatred.

Last edited:
This thread is not about Rush, Beck and other RW pundits?

I got the impression that it was from the title.

We have a major political party, the Democrats who are economically to the Left of Communists and hate our Constitutional framework and the fact that people can become wealthy and free from government dependency.

They are fed a daily 2 minute hate and they follow without question. Today it's the "1%" tomorrow its anyone who is religious

frankie, frankie, frankie

you know that is not true....lets discuss what mudd has said....cause he has a clue....think about movies and their impact on individuals or society as a whole......i can name several that have had major impacts...

"m" fritz lang.....who is responsible for killing....can someone who cannot help it...be guilty?

"clockwork orange" can society repress the individual for the good of society?

"mash" "deer hunter" all war movies ......and lets not forget 'born on the 4th of july'

movies have a great impact....

Forum List

Back