Breaking: Riot Season Opens Again in Minnesota

There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for that.

The place needs to burn.
I agree. That area is a shithole from what I hear.

People condemn the South all the time. Many times legitimately but there is something very wrong with Minnesota.
Who runs that state?

Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

Was she brand new or something? Can't you tell the difference between a taser and your handgun just by the feel of it in your hand?

In an intense moment like that, probably not. You can’t criticize her, she is an empowered woman of the LGBTQ community. How dare you suggest she was incompetent.

Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.
Perhaps not, but a couple losers getting shot while fleeing will discourage others from doing so. If criminals are allowed to flee without serious consequences, we will have an epidemic of dangerous car chases in our heavily populated streets. Do you understand why that could be bad?

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

Was she brand new or something? Can't you tell the difference between a taser and your handgun just by the feel of it in your hand?
What astounds me is the armchair quarterbacking I see from some of you...

The moment he decided to drive off, he was resisting arrest, and not knowing the mentality of the assailant, he now had a 2000lb weapon. He made himself a danger to everyone else on that roadway when he chose to flee.

You can't possibly know what's involved with being a police officer in the heat of a scary moment like that.

So stop acting like you know what you would have done in her place. Odds are you never will. Spare us all your prevaricated judgments.

Last edited:
There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

The place needs to burn.

Majority rule. Not Mob rule. Think about why your ideas would help no one except give a little temporary gratification.

The black guy refused arrest and re-entered his car
The cop could have just recorded his LP and send in a swat team when they located him
No asshole, that’s not the way it works. We don’t just let criminals choose when they get arrested.
Ahole ??
Shooting an unarmed man is another bad option
They have no idea if he is unarmed or had a gun in the car.
>They have no idea if he is unarmed or had a gun in the car.

Yep. The valedictorian, Daunte Demetrius Wright, had an arrest warrant for armed robbery...

Right. For whatever the reason that was bad on the cop's part. that usually will not happen but sometimes it does which is why...... people should not be so dumb as to disobey a cop when he tells you something 5 times and then try to take off in your car.
When you do that your taking a risk something might go bad. Its more about hightend tensions in a fast moving situation. You have to do everything they say and do it slow, just the way it is.
Shooting someone who is running away is bad, with some very rare exceptions. Police are supposed to limit lethal force to life or death situations. Someone fleeing a traffic warrant is not life or death.

Right I do agree with that and there is a reason we don't see this happen every day. From what we can see at this point though there is still much unknown about what happened. I dont think we know every detail about the moments the suspect took off in his car. My initial feelings are that the cop really screwed up by firing on an unarmed person. Unfortunately I think that happens when someone starts to disobey a cop, talking back or whatever, and then things get tense, adrenaline starts flowing through people. It becomes that much more easier for a cop to make a mistake at that point. I've never been a cop but I would imagine tension and adrenaline can actually make you process what you are seeing differently than when a situation is calm.
This does not let a cop off the hook, but we do need to wait for all the info to come out first. We can see what happens when we dont wait for that. riots again! that doesnt help anyone who lives in Minneapolis. These riots are now just happening in a knee jerk way because people have been led to believe they are justified to do it, which they are not.

The place needs to burn.

Majority rule. Not Mob rule. Think about why your ideas would help no one except give a little temporary gratification.
Point of order here, ... "majority rule" so long as such doesn't violate the rights of the "minority".

They had his information
They would have arrested him in days

2nd guessing is moot at this point.
I would have let him go then give the info to a detective

The problem with that, if you were to make that a policy is this for example.
If you let felons with warrants just go when they run from a traffic stop, would the cops then get blamed when they then leave the scene and go commit a crime right afterwards? Domestic battery? Murder? a robbery and assault?
People would then be complaining that the cops should have done more when they had the chance.

The place needs to burn.

Point of order here, ... "majority rule" so long as such doesn't violate the rights of the "minority".

Well, whos' rights do the mob violate? I wasnt referring to a racial Majority by the way. The majority of people in Minneapolis are tax paying citizens of all backgrounds, they go out and have jobs, vote etc. IMO the true minority here are the lawbreakers, felons and those who do not contribute much to society. That doesnt mean they do not have rights like everyone else, but when you allow mob rule, they are elevated to a place they do not deserve and given a power of influence that thye dont even know what to do with. Its just destructive.

What astounds me is the armchair quarterbacking I see from some of you...

The moment he decided to drive off, he was resisting arrest, and not knowing the mentality of the assailant, he now had a 2000lb weapon. He made himself a danger to everyone else on that roadway when he chose to flee.

You can't possibly know what's involved with being a police officer in the heat of a scary moment like that.

So stop acting like you know what you would have done in her place. Odds are you never will. Spare us all your prevaricated judgments.
Those whom are quick to criticize law enforcement officers should consider becoming one themselves in order to show how it can be done better.

Many areas offer a version of "citizens on patrol" where civilians can volunteer to help in less critical LE areas and/or do ride alongs with officers to see what really happens.

LEO is not a genetic trait one is born with such as race or ethnic or gender. It's an occupation/career choice and in many areas the standards would exclude large portions of the population. Then there are other areas where recruits are scarce and standards lowered just to fill the slots. Places like Seattle where "defund" is in full gear and other hamstringing in play, officers are leaving in scores.

If you don't like how the police do their job, next time you need one, don't call 9-1-1, call AntiFa instead.

Bull....She needs fired and charged. Whoever was in charge of her training needs fired.

If not the people should burn things down.

Forum List

Back