Breaking! DeSantis to the Rescue -- Florida will not assist in an extradition request by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg

If Trump doesn't cooperate, DeSantis is screwed. DeSantis looks bad if he allows extradition, and he looks worse if he doesn't.

As for Trump, nothing says "I'M GUILTY AND I KNOW IT!" like running from the law.
How would desantis be screwed? Is there a law that states he has to facilitate the extradition of someone? Especially if he believes that person is being politically persecuted?

Show me the federal insurrection charges for today, then we'll talk.

We either have equal law, or no law at all. Take your pick. What's it gonna be?

For today? Instant charges?

The discussion is Trump being indicted. I am not avoiding the other topic you want. It is just not relevant to this one.

How would desantis be screwed?
He'd look like a constitution-hating party hack, because he would be a constitution-hating party hack.

Is there a law that states he has to facilitate the extradition of someone?
Yes. US Constitution. Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2
---
A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
---

Note how the word "shall" there is not qualified by any words such as "unless the executive in the state where the perp resides really wants to protect a fellow party member" or "unless someone brings up George Soros".

My guess? DeSantis is bluffing. He knew Trump would turn himself in, so he's acting like the tough guy, knowing he won't have to back up his words.

He'd look like a constitution-hating party hack, because he would be a constitution-hating party hack.

---
A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
---

Note how the word "shall" there is not qualified by any words such as "unless the executive in the state where the perp resides really wants to protect a fellow party member" or "unless someone brings up George Soros".

My guess? DeSantis is bluffing. He knew Trump would turn himself in, so he's acting like the tough guy, knowing he won't have to back up his words.
Ah ok, well let’s see. If the cotus says it, then that’s the law.

---
---

He did not flee

I have no said anything about the impending trial. I have simply talked about the consequences of refusing to surrender.
If they can have sanctuary cities for illegal aliens, they can have sanctuary cities for Donald Trump too.

Fuck Alvin Bragg and his leftard witch hunt.

And most of all FUCK GEORGE SOROS.

I hope that rotten fucking bastard chokes on his own vomit.
Have you seen Soros lately? Much like Pedo Joe. He is not long for this world.

Yet another miscalculation by liberals.
It will strengthen his support just like all the other bullshit you morons tried.
That's because the Trump cult believes their dear leader, can do no wrong.
Trump was right about one thing.

Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.

“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,” Trump said at a his campaign rally, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

No problem, Ronny Boy. Then Bragg will issue an arrest warrant for Trump & he will be considered a fugitive, which will REALLY endear him to a N.Y. jury not to mention a judge who will consider bail, or not. Sooner or later Trump's ass will be in NY. one way or another, Meatball Meathead.
File obstruction charges on DuhSantis.
The little twerp.

Forum List

Back