BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

he point was, the turtles would be affected with or without payment, yes?

No, the point is - why does someone feel like he has the right to use MY land without giving me anything in return?

The cattleman should pay up.

"Bundy is battling with federal officials over his cattle's grazing on 150 square miles of scrub desert overseen by the Bureau of Land Management. He has refused to pay BLM grazing fees since 1993, arguing in court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement. His back fees exceed $300,000, he says."

BLM seizes cattle in range war with stubborn Nevada rancher - latimes.com

BREAKING: 200+ "Militarized" Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada
We’ve seen before at Ruby Ridge and Waco that the feds won’t hesitate to treat peaceful American citizens as hostile and confront them with full armed force. This is happening yet again in Clark County, Nevada.

For over twenty years now, a battle has raged between cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management. Bundy has been using federal land to allow his cattle to graze, and the BLM has argued that this is “trespassing” because the land is protected and because Bundy has not paid required grazing fees.

Wonder if they will kill him like Clinton killed the people in Waco and Ruby ridge

Oh my goodness! All this for a few tortoise turtles? Seriously?! This comment from him is very telling.......

Bundys feel that this is an assault on liberty, state sovereignty, and property rights;

“We’ve tried to do this through the legal and we’ve tried to do it through the political, and what we’re at right now, I guess we’re going to have to try to stand,” Cliven Bundy said. “We the people have to stand on the ground and get our state sovereignty back, and also take some liberty and freedoms back to where we have at least access to this land.”

“The story is a lot about the cattle, but the bigger story is about our loss of freedom,” Carol Bundy added. “They have come and taken over this whole corner of the county. They’ve taken over policing power, they’ve taken over our freedom, and they’re stealing cattle.”

“And our sheriff says he just doesn’t have authority, our governor says he doesn’t have authority, and we’re saying, why are we a state?”

“I’m a producer,” Cliven Bundy said. “I produce edible commodity from the desert forage, and all of these things are governed under state law. So, in other words, this type of government has eliminated all of our state law, eliminated our state sovereignty, and has took control over our public lands and even took control over our Clark County sheriff. They’ve taken the whole county over. The whole state, almost.”

“This is just about power of the government,” Carol Bundy said.

I think something is seriously wrong with our govt using military force on a private civilian! Very disturbing story! Incredible that the Governor cannot do anything about this!

What's disturbing is they wanted him to pay for the privilege of grazing his cattle where they'd been grazing for free for years, but when he refused to pay, suddenly it was about the turtles.

he point was, the turtles would be affected with or without payment, yes?

No, the point is - why does someone feel like he has the right to use MY land without giving me anything in return?

Why is it our land? Which part of the Constitution authorized the feds to actually own any land outside of DC and federal facilities?

We’ve seen before at Ruby Ridge and Waco that the feds won’t hesitate to treat peaceful American citizens as hostile and confront them with full armed force. This is happening yet again in Clark County, Nevada.

For over twenty years now, a battle has raged between cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management. Bundy has been using federal land to allow his cattle to graze, and the BLM has argued that this is “trespassing” because the land is protected and because Bundy has not paid required grazing fees.

Wonder if they will kill him like Clinton killed the people in Waco and Ruby ridge

While 200+ "militarized" federal police are taking aim at a Nevada rancher who is allowing his cattle to graze on federal land....................

MILLIONS of illegal aliens are roaming the United States, committing crimes, sucking up all means of public assistance, taking jobs away from REAL Americans, etc.

What a shameless, misguided country we allow ourselves to live in.

Funny how people will defend murders and try to re-cast them as victims in an effort to push a political agenda.

Well ..... actually, it's sad.

There was a video of the botched raid, I saw it before it magically disappeared. The dead ATF agents enter through a window on the 2nd floor followed almost immediately by the 4th member still on the roof spraying automatic gun fire into said window.

loosen that tinfoil

I've seen the video of the agents entering .... I wonder why anyone would make up lies to defend murderers. Aren't these the same people that keep trying to spark a civil war? Maybe they are lying to get people all worked up and support their civil war plans.

McVeigh bought into their crap. How'd that work out?

Trying to incite people (people who are too stupid to check out your lies) into terrorism .... wow ... now that's the American way, huh?

Last edited:

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned this, but Ruby Ridge was in 1992, during the Bush 41 administration.

CaféAuLait;8908471 said:

Its HIS land too, yes?

Yes, and his families cattle have been grazing on that land for free for generations.

Indeed.

The only reason the feds took it over was because of the turtles, which would be affected with or without payment.

He also stated he would be more than willing to pay his county and not the feds because he does not believe the feds had any right to stop his cows from grazing because of the turtles.

CaféAuLait;8908492 said:
CaféAuLait;8908471 said:
Its HIS land too, yes?

Yes, and his families cattle have been grazing on that land for free for generations.

Indeed.

The only reason the feds took it over was because of the turtles, which would be affected with or without payment.

He also stated he would be more than willing to pay his county and not the feds because he does not believe the feds had any right to stop his cows from grazing because of the turtles.

If he is willing to pay the county it is not such a big deal to change the payee.

Then he and his family owe me a lot of money.

They only brought in the fee because of the turtles and it makes no sense whatsoever. If the turtles are in danger then cattle shouldn't be grazing there, it should not be dependent on a fee.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8908471 said:

Its HIS land too, yes?

Yup and he's getting something out of it isn't he? What am I getting out of my land?

Given you can visit Gold Butte for FREE and stay there and walk all over the place, camp in tents "unregulated", I suppose you would get a camping trip or a scenic drive. So that's what you get out of "your" land.

Gold Butte Region - Area Overview

Then he and his family owe me a lot of money.

They only brought in the fee because of the turtles and it makes no sense whatsoever. If the turtles on in danger then cattle shouldn't be grazing there, it should be dependent on a fee.

Doesn't matter. What makes this free loader think he can use everybody else's land without giving something in return?

We let his family stay on the gravy train and feed from the public trough for several generations. He should be sending us all a thank you note. But instead, when we ask that little welfare freak to do a little something for himself ... he starts squealing like a jilted hairdresser.

Screw him.

CaféAuLait;8908492 said:

Indeed.

If he is willing to pay the county it is not such a big deal to change the payee.

Yeah, I agree, I think he is standing by the principal of the thing, why the feds felt they had the right to encroach on lands which had been used in that manner for years over turtles. The same which would be effected with or without payment. I think he is being stubborn but I kinda see where he is coming from.

CaféAuLait;8908537 said:
CaféAuLait;8908471 said:
Its HIS land too, yes?

Yup and he's getting something out of it isn't he? What am I getting out of my land?

Given you can visit Gold Butte for FREE and stay there and walk all over the place, camp in tents "unregulated", I suppose you would get a camping trip or a scenic drive. So that's what you get out of "your" land.

Gold Butte Region - Area Overview

What am I getting out of letting HIM use everyone's land for his commercial enterprise?

eah, I agree, I think he is standing by the principal of the thing,

He's a whining little taker.
Like any of us can just say I'm not going to pay the person I owe, I'll pay someone else who I like better?????

Little free loader has been feeding from the public trough so long he thinks he DESERVES the freebies.

Forum List

Back