What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Raffensperger, targeted by Trump, wins Ga. GOP primary for secretary of stat

EvilEyeFleegle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, it would appear that Trump's influence is not as pervasive as thought?

Incumbent Brad Raffensperger held off a challenge from his Donald Trump-backed opponent, Rep. Jody Hice, R-Ga., in Georgia’s Republican secretary of state primary on Tuesday, NBC News projects.
With 98 of precincts reporting, Raffensperger had 51.9 percent of the vote, while Hice had 33.8 percent. Two other lesser-known candidates — former Alpharetta Mayor David Belle Isle and former Judge T.J. Hudson — both received support in the single digits.
Because Raffensperger received more than 50 percent of the vote, he was able to avoid a runoff against Hice, which is required under Georgia state law if no candidate wins an outright majority of the vote.
Though political insiders essentially declared him a dead candidate walking, Raffensperger toured the state and said he spoke to Rotary and Kiwanis clubs and chambers of commerce and spread the word that claims of widespread voter fraud weren’t true.

Tuesday’s secretary of state primary pitted an incumbent who refused to bow to pressure from Trump to overturn the 2020 presidential election in his favor against a challenger who voted to undo the will of his state’s voters, and strategists and politics watchers had viewed the race as a key early test of the endurance of the lies Trump and his allies have perpetuated about the 2020 election.

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to let Trump "fade away" like General MacArthur.

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Reaction score
An yet trump backer Marjorie taylor green won her race in the same state

Jets

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let’s see what happens.

Not so sure the Republican Party is ready to quit the Donald…

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

But her election is a district one. Not a statewide one. And it's not hard to see why MTG can easily win re-election. Largely white, largely uneducated, rural area. I find it deeply amusing that the northeast border of her district runs along the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'll bet she wins the Squealing Like a Pig contest every year! :auiqs.jpg:

Peace

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am glad he won and hope he is re-elected…

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
But her election is a district one. Not a statewide one. And it's not hard to see why MTG can easily win re-election. Largely white, largely uneducated, rural area. I find it deeply amusing that the northeast border of her district runs along the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'll bet she wins the Squealing Like a Pig contest every year! :auiqs.jpg:

You say white, like it is a bad thing. And "uneducated"?

Peace

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You say white, like it is a bad thing. And "uneducated"?
People that write in that manner believe anyone that does not vote their political leanings must be uneducated and being white is today Mark of Cain…

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not college educated. Simply pointing out the demographics of her district.

Big difference between no college and uneducated. Try to be less bigoted.

protectionist

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And liberals think that conservatives are racist. Sheeesh!

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is your opinion which is based on a bias way of thinking.
No, it's a sane and rational statement. But, this is what conservatism and the Republican party have devolved into.
I'm not complaining. It's having the effect of splitting the ideology. Democrats, can only win. :)

surada

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Good grief. How pathetic.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, it would appear that Trump's influence is not as pervasive as thought?

Incumbent Brad Raffensperger held off a challenge from his Donald Trump-backed opponent, Rep. Jody Hice, R-Ga., in Georgia’s Republican secretary of state primary on Tuesday, NBC News projects.
With 98 of precincts reporting, Raffensperger had 51.9 percent of the vote, while Hice had 33.8 percent. Two other lesser-known candidates — former Alpharetta Mayor David Belle Isle and former Judge T.J. Hudson — both received support in the single digits.
Because Raffensperger received more than 50 percent of the vote, he was able to avoid a runoff against Hice, which is required under Georgia state law if no candidate wins an outright majority of the vote.
Though political insiders essentially declared him a dead candidate walking, Raffensperger toured the state and said he spoke to Rotary and Kiwanis clubs and chambers of commerce and spread the word that claims of widespread voter fraud weren’t true.

Tuesday’s secretary of state primary pitted an incumbent who refused to bow to pressure from Trump to overturn the 2020 presidential election in his favor against a challenger who voted to undo the will of his state’s voters, and strategists and politics watchers had viewed the race as a key early test of the endurance of the lies Trump and his allies have perpetuated about the 2020 election.
Another win for the not-so-good guys in this case. Its a loss for the shitheads...I'll take it.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$240.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List