Brad Raffensperger, targeted by Trump, wins Ga. GOP primary for secretary of stat

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well, it would appear that Trump's influence is not as pervasive as thought?

Incumbent Brad Raffensperger held off a challenge from his Donald Trump-backed opponent, Rep. Jody Hice, R-Ga., in Georgia’s Republican secretary of state primary on Tuesday, NBC News projects.
With 98 of precincts reporting, Raffensperger had 51.9 percent of the vote, while Hice had 33.8 percent. Two other lesser-known candidates — former Alpharetta Mayor David Belle Isle and former Judge T.J. Hudson — both received support in the single digits.
Because Raffensperger received more than 50 percent of the vote, he was able to avoid a runoff against Hice, which is required under Georgia state law if no candidate wins an outright majority of the vote.
Though political insiders essentially declared him a dead candidate walking, Raffensperger toured the state and said he spoke to Rotary and Kiwanis clubs and chambers of commerce and spread the word that claims of widespread voter fraud weren’t true.

Tuesday’s secretary of state primary pitted an incumbent who refused to bow to pressure from Trump to overturn the 2020 presidential election in his favor against a challenger who voted to undo the will of his state’s voters, and strategists and politics watchers had viewed the race as a key early test of the endurance of the lies Trump and his allies have perpetuated about the 2020 election.

An yet trump backer Marjorie taylor green won her race in the same state

Let’s see what happens.

Not so sure the Republican Party is ready to quit the Donald…

But her election is a district one. Not a statewide one. And it's not hard to see why MTG can easily win re-election. Largely white, largely uneducated, rural area. I find it deeply amusing that the northeast border of her district runs along the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'll bet she wins the Squealing Like a Pig contest every year! :auiqs.jpg:

But her election is a district one. Not a statewide one. And it's not hard to see why MTG can easily win re-election. Largely white, largely uneducated, rural area. I find it deeply amusing that the northeast border of her district runs along the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'll bet she wins the Squealing Like a Pig contest every year! :auiqs.jpg:

You say white, like it is a bad thing. And "uneducated"?

And liberals think that conservatives are racist. Sheeesh!

Good grief. How pathetic.

Well, it would appear that Trump's influence is not as pervasive as thought?

Incumbent Brad Raffensperger held off a challenge from his Donald Trump-backed opponent, Rep. Jody Hice, R-Ga., in Georgia’s Republican secretary of state primary on Tuesday, NBC News projects.
With 98 of precincts reporting, Raffensperger had 51.9 percent of the vote, while Hice had 33.8 percent. Two other lesser-known candidates — former Alpharetta Mayor David Belle Isle and former Judge T.J. Hudson — both received support in the single digits.
Because Raffensperger received more than 50 percent of the vote, he was able to avoid a runoff against Hice, which is required under Georgia state law if no candidate wins an outright majority of the vote.
Though political insiders essentially declared him a dead candidate walking, Raffensperger toured the state and said he spoke to Rotary and Kiwanis clubs and chambers of commerce and spread the word that claims of widespread voter fraud weren’t true.

Tuesday’s secretary of state primary pitted an incumbent who refused to bow to pressure from Trump to overturn the 2020 presidential election in his favor against a challenger who voted to undo the will of his state’s voters, and strategists and politics watchers had viewed the race as a key early test of the endurance of the lies Trump and his allies have perpetuated about the 2020 election.
Another win for the not-so-good guys in this case. Its a loss for the shitheads...I'll take it.

Forum List

Back