Boycott Arizona.

Isn't checking people's papers the epitome of Big Government?

I am of Italian heritage and here in Los Angeles I am often spoken to in Spanish. If I had a mustache I could pass for Mexican all day!! I have no problem carrying proof of identity - so what's the big deal? If you are here illegally you are a criminal. Arizona is protecting the rights of their legitimate citizens. The only people that are worried are the people that are here illegally.

No.

Spending 3 Trillion $$$ and allowing 1 million illegal immigrants/ year to cross the border is the epitome of Big Gubment.

No. Why not? And why are spending and checking one's papers mutually exclusive?

I have no opinion on this issue, and I am generally against illegal immigration. (I am a legal immigrant and do you know how fucking hard and expensive it is to come and stay here?)

But I'm of the opinion that most conservatives (and I'm necessarily saying you specifically, or that you are even a conservative) are all for Big Government when it suits their purpose, particularly when it comes to law and order, national defense, and for some, social issues. I think that is a contradiction, particularly when the same people tell you that they believe in freedom and liberty.

"Big Government" is not just interfering in one's economic life. It is also interfering in one's social and day to day life. This is a simplification, but the difference between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives want you to be free in your economic life but have no problem interfering in your social life whereas liberals want you to be free in your social life but have no problem interfering in your economic life. To me, the only people who are logically consistent are libertarians, guys like Kevin Kennedy who I imagine if he posts here will come out against this policy.

Whether or not you agree with this policy, the government having the power to pull you over and check to see if you are legitimate is the power of the state intruding into your day to day lives. You can you use the same logic for putting up cameras everywhere in public places to constantly watch the population. Most people aren't going to commit crimes, so why should they care if they are being watched? However, I don't think anyone is going to argue that installing spy cameras all over the place isn't Big Government. Both are the power of the state using its means to monitor you.

My wife and I have gone to Arizona the past four years to watch a few spring training games. Never again.
Of course not everyone in Arizona is a RW fringer, but too many - including the governor and members of the legislature are.
The only positive thing we saw this year were signs in busineses in Flagstaff stating, "NO FIREARMS!". At least some in Arizona are real Americans and understand the real meaning of freedom and libery.

i'm sure they'll be heartbroken not to see you.

I am of Italian heritage and here in Los Angeles I am often spoken to in Spanish. If I had a mustache I could pass for Mexican all day!! I have no problem carrying proof of identity - so what's the big deal? If you are here illegally you are a criminal. Arizona is protecting the rights of their legitimate citizens. The only people that are worried are the people that are here illegally.

If you have to ask, "what's the big deal", you're hopeless.
If you're here illegally, you are a criminial; if you hire an illegal alien, you (the employer) is a criminal and conspire to violate Federal Law.
Capisca?

If you're here illegally, you are a criminial; if you hire an illegal alien, you (the employer) is a criminal and conspire to violate Federal Law.
Capisca?

If I'm here legally, can I carry proof of citizenship?

Capisca?

Of course you CAN. That's not the point, is it? Are you required to carry 'papers'? Nope. At least not in the U.S. Seems as if the RW Fringe hope we become more like the former Soviet Bloc, a police state, wherein everyone is required to show their citizen papers, passport, etc just because some government bureaucrat is bored and doesn't like the cut of your pants (or likes the cut of you girlfriends blouse) and need entertainment.

Capisca?

Of course you CAN. That's not the point, is it? Are you required to carry 'papers'? Nope. At least not in the U.S. Seems as if the RW Fringe hope we become more like the former Soviet Bloc, a police state, wherein everyone is required to show their citizen papers, passport, etc just because some government bureaucrat is bored and doesn't like the cut of your pants (or likes the cut of you girlfriends blouse) and need entertainment.

tissue?

Capisca?

So, the only countries that require proof of citizenship are totalitarian states?

Capisca?

Actually, if you are out in public, you are obligated to identify yourself should the occasion arise, that's the law. Now, if you should decide not to carry any identification, be my guest; sit in a cell until someone can come down and provide proper identification for you and themselves. :neutral:

Actually, if you are out in public, you are obligated to identify yourself should the occasion arise, that's the law. Now, if you should decide not to carry any identification, be my guest; sit in a cell until someone can come down and provide proper identification for you and themselves. :neutral:

Are you sure I cannot simply identify myself as "Speedy Gonzales" from Patooka, Minnasota and be on my merry way?

Are you sure I cannot simply identify myself as "Speedy Gonzales" from Patooka, Minnasota and be on my merry way?

Great plug for small towns everywhere.

I bet if I was in Patooka, MN and identified myself as Speedy Gonzales from Patooka, when the cop called it in someone would know me and that would be that.

Gotta love small towns.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Great plug for small towns everywhere.

I bet if I was in Patooka, MN and identified myself as Speedy Gonzales from Patooka, when the cop called it in someone would know me and that would be that.

Gotta love small towns.

Oh God yes, In this village there are about1200 people and as the American Legion Vice Commander probably 1000 of them at least know me to see me.

Kudos to AZ! You go girl! AZ is a great state! But they prefer that liberal loonies stay put in San Fran, Hollywood, and elsewhere! Boycott AZ???? LOL! LOL! Hopefully the 'ugly' Grijalva will be voted out when his term is up! And I wish the same for Gutierrez the other 'ugly' one.

tissue?

Please disagree with me Del, but don't pretend to be as F'n stupid as the RW Fringe (sometimes you make sense).

My wife and I have gone to Arizona the past four years to watch a few spring training games. Never again.
Of course not everyone in Arizona is a RW fringer, but too many - including the governor and members of the legislature are.
The only positive thing we saw this year were signs in busineses in Flagstaff stating, "NO FIREARMS!". At least some in Arizona are real Americans and understand the real meaning of freedom and libery.

I can't imagine what made you think that 1) we wanted you here, and 2) that we were breathlessly eager for your approval. Get over yourself, and by all means, go bother someone else for a while. Tourist dollars are nice, but tourists themselves are like a plague of locusts at best, and I doubt you are one of those.

I doubt that Arizona actually produces enough for the rest of the USA to make a boycott effective.

What am I going to stop buying?

Cheap fake Indian made jewelry?

Arizona's number one export is civilian aircraft and parts for same. Our second appears to be electronics parts.

Forum List

Back