Boycott Arizona.

My wife and I have gone to Arizona the past four years to watch a few spring training games. Never again.
Of course not everyone in Arizona is a RW fringer, but too many - including the governor and members of the legislature are.
The only positive thing we saw this year were signs in busineses in Flagstaff stating, "NO FIREARMS!". At least some in Arizona are real Americans and understand the real meaning of freedom and libery.

Could you please define freedom and liberty for me?

Would a sign stating "NO GAYS" be posative as well?

My wife and I have gone to Arizona the past four years to watch a few spring training games. Never again.
Of course not everyone in Arizona is a RW fringer, but too many - including the governor and members of the legislature are.
The only positive thing we saw this year were signs in busineses in Flagstaff stating, "NO FIREARMS!". At least some in Arizona are real Americans and understand the real meaning of freedom and libery.
I think it would be more fun to get a good sun tan and flood the place...ask all your legal brown tinged friends to head to Arizona this summer and loiter about mumbling in broken english. The authorities will be so busy they'll miss all the corner drug deals.

So legal firearms bother you but illegal aliens don't?

What if the illegal alien has an illegal firearm and uses it to do something illegal?

Since an illegal immigrant cannot be an American, what do you suppose a "real American" might be?

I think the Governor did a lot of damage to their tourist industry by calling attention to the fact that they have so much crime they have to create an extreme law like this one.

She just looked like she was being pressured to do this.. There will be racial profiling and harassment of the local Latino community. Some innocent people are going to fall through the cracks.

It's a terrible law.

Until the federal government stops sitting with its thumbs up their butts, Arizona is doing what it needs to do. The government doesn't give a shit about states (and the military). The federal government is incompetent.

I agree with Ms. Mondo on this one, any nation that can not control it's borders will cease to be a nation.

Don't believe me, how did Mexico loose most of the US southwest?

Which begs the question, which nation do you want to live in?

Last edited:

I doubt that Arizona actually produces enough for the rest of the USA to make a boycott effective.

What am I going to stop buying?

Cheap fake Indian made jewelry?

I approve of boycotts as political activism, Wry Catcher, and you and your wife have every right to vote with your pocketbook. Me, I didn't eat a Nestle chcocolate bar or a piece of lettuce for like 20 years. So, as to that part, you have as much right to boycott as you do to vote, burn the US flag in protest, or march in a Nazi uniform through a Jewish neighborhood with a dozen others like yourself. Rights are no use if you only exercise them when the vast majority finds it amusing.

But I shall not be joining you here in this boycott. (Not that I have any plans to travel atm, but if I did....) Arizionians who enacted and support measures to allow the local law enforcement of immigration laws are adjudged by me to be in a true state of emergency. Def Con Red style emergency. And I for one hope that something -- ANYTHING -- can be done in time for them.

Whether we agree or not, Wry Catcher, at least you and I have both considered what to do and then decided. That is more that seems to be able to be said for most Americans...especially the ones in DC.

I doubt that Arizona actually produces enough for the rest of the USA to make a boycott effective.

What am I going to stop buying?

Cheap fake Indian made jewelry?

"Copper mining in Arizona, a state of the United States, has been a major industry since the 1800s. In 2007 Arizona was the leading copper-producing state in the US, producing 750 thousand metric tons of copper, worth a record $5.54 billion. Arizona'a copper production was 60% of the total for the United States. Copper mining also produces gold and silver as byproducts.[1] Byproduct molybdenum from copper mining makes Arizona the nation's second-largest producer of that metal."

from
Copper mining in Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arizona is here to provide humor for the rest of America.

Did this damn state go through this with the MLK birthday thing? HOw did that turn out for Arizona? This state is a joke, really. There already are a bunch of truckers who said they will boycott this state. LEts see how this turns out, but I have a feeling it will be overturned and EVERY SINGLE HISPANIC HERE WHO CAN VOTE WILL REALLY REALLY BE ANGRY AT REPUBLICANS.

This should be good.

Last edited:
I'm starting to like AZ more and more.... I'd move there. I think, if not for being stuck with this house in such a lousy housing market. Thank you Freddie, Fannie , and Barney.

You forgot bush. He said everyone should be able to get whatever house they wanted. Remember that little gem?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Ah, good morning. Let me start by commenting on one of the most stupid posts on this thread. The moron who suggested a business owner who posts a sign "No Firearms" is violating the rights of gun owners (post #16, above).
This post defines ignorance and is evidence the poster hasn't a clue as to the most basic understanding of the Bill of Rights. All of you should Read them!
Next, read the 14th Amendment to our Constitution.

I'm starting to like AZ more and more.... I'd move there. I think, if not for being stuck with this house in such a lousy housing market. Thank you Freddie, Fannie , and Barney.

You forgot bush. He said everyone should be able to get whatever house they wanted. Remember that little gem?

that was made up by the liberal media. totally photoshopped

Ah, good morning. Let me start by commenting on one of the most stupid posts on this thread. The moron who suggested a business owner who posts a sign "No Firearms" is violating the rights of gun owners (post #16, above).
This post defines ignorance and is evidence the poster hasn't a clue as to the most basic understanding of the Bill of Rights. All of you should Read them!
Next, read the 14th Amendment to our Constitution.

I don't know who posted it, but I can tell you that it is legal in Arizona to carry a firearm. The law says that you cannot take your firearm, concealed or open carry, into a business that has posted a rule against it. The sign isn't about gun control, it is more about the business owner exercising their property rights.

Flagstaff is probobly the most liberal town in Arizona. It is a pretty place, but is more expensive (everything) than the rest of the state. For years Flag has had the reputation of exploiting those passing through. That reputation may or may not be deserved.

Personally, I did not enjoy the year that I lived in Flagstaff, but I am an old ranch country boy so don't go by me. I have never liked living in any city and barely tolerate living near a small town. :lol:

Until the federal government stops sitting with its thumbs up their butts, Arizona is doing what it needs to do. The government doesn't give a shit about states (and the military). The federal government is incompetent.

The GOVERNMENT doesnt care about the military? Wow. Thats like saying....hey government, keep your hands off my medicare.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back