"Born Gay!" "Not Born Gay!"

CurveLight

Rookie
Oct 16, 2009
Why does it matter if people are born gay or not? If science proves one claim to be wholly accurate what difference would it make regarding Equal Protection of the Law? I bet both my healthy and heavy family jewels that even if science proved sexual orientations are biologically driven and not subject to choice that it would not change a majority of homophobes. Their only response would be to claim gays still do not deserve equal rights due to a "birth defect" and that scientists can create medication to degayify those unfortunate souls.

So for the purpose of this discussion let's assume being gay is strictly a choice. How does that justify denying gays Equal Protection of the law?

I hope you don't consider this getting off on a tangent - but I've always looked at it this way: You may not be able to control who you are attracted to, but you can control who you sleep with. And sense I reject the idea that we cannot realistically expect people to curb any of their carnal desires. I DO NOT believe that just because you are attracted to someone, that you are entitled to sleep with them.

Having said that, I see no danger and I see no reason that society has any interest at all in restricting homosexuality among consenting adults... Or in denying any of the rights and priviledges afforded to heterosexual couples.

Religion is a choice. You aren't born a specific religion, and yet, we guarantee your right to choose and practice whatever religion you want.

Conservatives hope for a gay gene. Then they would work for abortion rights. In their little minds, they would have a reason.

I suppose there may be a gene that makes homosexuality more likely than not.

As I get older my tastes in sex have changed. Not that severely to swinging both ways, but they have changed.

And as I always joke with my friends. What if a gal with a fine bottom you can't do w/o dumps you and then you meet a guy with a similar rump? Wondering if it feels any different aren't ya ;)

Call it a civil union and no one cares. Call it a marriage and 80% of the country gets pissed if they are the same sex. Pass a law that gives civil unions the same protections as marriage and still no one would care.

If you insist on calling it a marriage you aren't interested in equal rights you are interested in brow beating people with whom you disagree.

I could careless what the gay community does, but, please don't expect me to buy the garbage that it is Biological.

Mike

Call it a civil union and no one cares. Call it a marriage and 80% of the country gets pissed if they are the same sex. Pass a law that gives civil unions the same protections as marriage and still no one would care.

If you insist on calling it a marriage you aren't interested in equal rights you are interested in brow beating people with whom you disagree.

That about sums it up.

God is an adulterer; he fucked Mary who was married to Joseph.

I am so outraged I can not longer believe.

Though I do like the blood of Christ, so we can deal here.

So for the purpose of this discussion let's assume being gay is strictly a choice. How does that justify denying gays Equal Protection of the law?

Pretty simple...it doesn't.

If what you said were true about people not caring about civil unions, why have several states (TX, VA, FL for example) passed laws expressly forbidding even civil unions or anything at all like civil unions?

I could careless what the gay community does, but, please don't expect me to buy the garbage that it is Biological.

Mike

How old were you when you made the "choice"? Do you still have "feelings"?

BINGO... the whole thing in a nutshell

I am straight and proud of it........the gay's are gay, and proud of it. Who give's a flying monkey?

I have much more, as I am sure 99% of us do, "Primo" issues to deal with than concerning myself with who is this and who is that, as far a sexual preferences go, NOW, as for political views! :lol::lol:

You ever watch that tv show Who's the Boss starring Tony Danza? You can tell that the little boy in the show was going to grow up and be gay, he had no choice.

Forum List

Back