Book of Mormon a bunch of crap?

You want to know more about Moses discussion with God read this:

Moses 1
I ask every one to read this and then compare how this text distorts what actually happened. Moses didn't see GOD face to face. Moses climbed the mountain. Moses came down among the people so that they didn't see the glory of GOD fade from his face. GOD only created this world in which sin entered into it. And this world alone will pass away. This is not a process that has occurred again and again.

Moses didn’t see God face to face?

“And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.” Exodus 33:11
Totally made up, geez, up your critical thinking game, brah.

I’m not of the opinion that critical thinking has anything to do with it when you reject without thinking
I've thought about it a lot. Obviously in a more critical way than you have.

Maybe you can help me here because nobody else at this board can: how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

It was after the days of Noah that the earth was divided.

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

In the days of Peleg was the earth divided and he was 5 generations down from Noah.

Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Salah
Eber
Peleg

The earth was one land mass until Peleg. Noah didn't need to get kangaroos to and from Australia since Australia was not divided from the one land mass that existed in the days of Noah..

all religions were invented by man [ sorry--people ---for you PC people ]
they are fairytales
And Billions and Billions of years with lightning striking a puddle and fish crawling up on land and developing feet isn't a fairytale religion? And man evolved from blacks isn't what evolution is all about --- just expressed in a politically correct way for the faint of heart?

The ENTIRE ancient geologic record is the result of the FLOOD. Science has never proven anything in the Bible is wrong.
Ok, I'll leave you to your fantasy world. Enjoy.
Are you a scientist? If not, you have nothing to be left to...
Look, you deny science and think that some cartoonish flood carved the Grand Canyon, which goes against all the scientific data that says otherwise. As well, you can't back up your theory with a real scientific site, just fake "creation science" sites, which are laughable. So what's your proof of said flood? Because the bible says so?
I love SCIENCE. I detest the notion that science fiction is reality and truth, while spirituality and history are inferior notions for old people... You are under the false assumption that scientists are only people who uphold secular ideology/theory. I do firmly believe that the Flood first deposited multiple layers of silt and that a very large lake which formed as the Flood subsided broke through draining rather quickly into the gulf forming a large canyon.

The reality is that ALL theories are based on assumptions. Secular assumptions are not superior --- they merely attempt to eliminate GOD. GOD is not data one should ignore for the sake of atheistic dogma nor the pursuit of bad habits.
You reject real science and put it on an equal footing with your "creation science" nonsense because you're so desperate to believe, so you suspend reality. Plus, your god has no data, otherwise it might be provable. In other words, you live in a fantasy world. Enjoy.
Why not say that YOU reject real science and put it on an equal footing with your "Theory of Evolution" nonsense because you're so desperate to believe something else --- you reject cause and effect. Plus, your "Theory" is unrepeatable.

Total nonsense.
No professor, it's precisely correct. If something cannot be ruled out, then it is not a scientific idea. No, you are never, not ever, n0t by any feat of mental or semantic gymnastics, going to manage to get your goofy, faith-based voodoo on the same shelf as evidence based knowledge. Not ever. So give it up.

And Billions and Billions of years with lightning striking a puddle and fish crawling up on land and developing feet isn't a fairytale religion?
Correct, it isn't, because we have mountains of mutually supportive evidence for evolution. That is what makes it precisely the OPPOSITE of religion. Just because you are too dense or too lazy to understand it does not speak to the truth of it... that only speaks to YOUR stupidity/ignorance and laziness.

when you reject without thinking
well, that's kind of the problem you religious people have, isn't it? You assert magical voodoo as true without a single shred of evidence.. Therefore, your magical voodoo can also be dismissed without a shred of evidence.

Satan instigated the formation of a religion that suggests that Satan and Jesus are brothers. That demeans Christ while exalting Satan...

The very best lie is very often a truth told out of context, intentionally crafted to suggest something untrue. This is a perfect example.

Yes, we do believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers, but it does not mean what you think it means. This is a partial truth, intended to suggest the lie that we believe that Satan is on a near-equal footing with Jesus, and above us.

What we really believe is that all of us are the children of God, and as such, all of us are brothers and sisters. This includes Jesus, and yes, it also includes Satan. Nothing about this belief suggests that Satan has any special kinship with Jesus, that all of us do not have. Nothing about this belief suggests that Satan is in any way higher than the rest of us; in fact, quite the opposite is true.
We are not natural born children of GOD. Satan is a created angel being and we are created human beings. Nothing more or less. Those that accept Christ as their PERSONAL SAVIOR become ADOPTED children of GOD. All others remain children of the devil and condemned for all eternity. This is the truth that Mormonism attempts to obliterate with Satan's blessing!

they are fairytales
And Billions and Billions of years with lightning striking a puddle and fish crawling up on land and developing feet isn't a fairytale religion? And man evolved from blacks isn't what evolution is all about --- just expressed in a politically correct way for the faint of heart?
what are you saying?
what is your theory on how humans came to be??
god ''energized'' them and they appeared out of nowhere?? that's a lot more unbelievable than evolution

when you reject without thinking
well, that's kind of the problem you religious people have, isn't it? You assert magical voodoo as true without a single shred of evidence.. Therefore, your magical voodoo can also be dismissed without a shred of evidence.
I know of no people whose lives have been drastically changed for the better through atheism. I know of no atheist who would willingly give up his life to spread atheism. All of the Apostles died historically horrible deaths for the sake of their faith in JESUS. All except John who was boiled in oil but survived and died of old age...

they are fairytales
what are you saying?
god ''energized'' them and they appeared out of nowhere?? that's a lot more unbelievable than evolution
GOD created man from the dust and then took DNA from Adam to create Eve. What is the point of believing in GOD, if GOD is incapable of doing what HE clearly states HE can do. If GOD did not create us, does HE posses the power to SAVE?

If live was spontaneous, why can't we create it? And I'm not regarding what some call mere building blocks. We are thinking beings ---------------Nature has no brain. Surely we can design quicker what Nature is "believed" to have brought about in 100's of thousands of years! There's an old saying ---- Put up or shut up! But don't have the gaul to mandate that you possess reality and Christians do not.

Isaiah 14:12
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Luke 10:18
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Satan fell from heaven. How did he fall? It was through rebellion. Before he fell, his name was Lucifer a son of the morning. He was number among all the sons of God.

Job 38:4-7
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

I ask every one to read this and then compare how this text distorts what actually happened. Moses didn't see GOD face to face. Moses climbed the mountain. Moses came down among the people so that they didn't see the glory of GOD fade from his face. GOD only created this world in which sin entered into it. And this world alone will pass away. This is not a process that has occurred again and again.

Moses didn’t see God face to face?

“And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.” Exodus 33:11
Totally made up, geez, up your critical thinking game, brah.

I’m not of the opinion that critical thinking has anything to do with it when you reject without thinking
I've thought about it a lot. Obviously in a more critical way than you have.

Maybe you can help me here because nobody else at this board can: how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

It was after the days of Noah that the earth was divided.

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

In the days of Peleg was the earth divided and he was 5 generations down from Noah.

Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Salah
Eber
Peleg

The earth was one land mass until Peleg. Noah didn't need to get kangaroos to and from Australia since Australia was not divided from the one land mass that existed in the days of Noah..
Geologic record says otherwise. How do you explain it?

they are fairytales
what are you saying?
GOD created man from the dust and then took DNA from Adam to create Eve. What is the point of believing in GOD, if GOD is incapable of doing what HE clearly states HE can do. If GOD did not create us, does HE posses the power to SAVE?

If live was spontaneous, why can't we create it? And I'm not regarding what some call mere building blocks. We are thinking beings ---------------Nature has no brain. Surely we can design quicker what Nature is "believed" to have brought about in 100's of thousands of years! There's an old saying ---- Put up or shut up! But don't have the gaul to mandate that you possess reality and Christians do not.
so you believe a fully formed man just appeared out of nowhere??!!
I'm waiting for YOU to put up your theory--with specifics like evolution ---not ''god did it''
either you do or you STFU

Satan instigated the formation of a religion that suggests that Satan and Jesus are brothers. That demeans Christ while exalting Satan...

The very best lie is very often a truth told out of context, intentionally crafted to suggest something untrue. This is a perfect example.

Yes, we do believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers, but it does not mean what you think it means. This is a partial truth, intended to suggest the lie that we believe that Satan is on a near-equal footing with Jesus, and above us.

What we really believe is that all of us are the children of God, and as such, all of us are brothers and sisters. This includes Jesus, and yes, it also includes Satan. Nothing about this belief suggests that Satan has any special kinship with Jesus, that all of us do not have. Nothing about this belief suggests that Satan is in any way higher than the rest of us; in fact, quite the opposite is true.
We are not natural born children of GOD. Satan is a created angel being and we are created human beings. Nothing more or less. Those that accept Christ as their PERSONAL SAVIOR become ADOPTED children of GOD. All others remain children of the devil and condemned for all eternity. This is the truth that Mormonism attempts to obliterate with Satan's blessing!
we can see humans/animals/earth/dna/etc
we can't see god/satan/angels/etc
these seem to be fairytales

they are fairytales
what are you saying?

reality??
''energize'' and a man appears???!!!! that's your reality ???
hahahahahaha........

So what we have so far are the Mormons defending Mormonism (not very well), two (maybe three) Pentecostals attacking Mormonism (very poorly), and some atheists that are goofier than the religionists.

Perhaps that is Satan's greatest victory, so far, in getting most of Mankind to deny our divine heritage, as literal children of God.

Forum List

Back