Book of Mormon a bunch of crap?

I know of no people whose lives have been drastically changed for the better through atheism.
So what? What kind of fool bases his judgment based only on what he has personally seen? You are an insultated religious person with a world view the size of a postage stamp.

Moses didn’t see God face to face?

“And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.” Exodus 33:11
Totally made up, geez, up your critical thinking game, brah.

I’m not of the opinion that critical thinking has anything to do with it when you reject without thinking
I've thought about it a lot. Obviously in a more critical way than you have.

Maybe you can help me here because nobody else at this board can: how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

It was after the days of Noah that the earth was divided.

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

In the days of Peleg was the earth divided and he was 5 generations down from Noah.

Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Salah
Eber
Peleg

The earth was one land mass until Peleg. Noah didn't need to get kangaroos to and from Australia since Australia was not divided from the one land mass that existed in the days of Noah..
Geologic record says otherwise. How do you explain it?
Where Are All the Bunny Fossils?

I know of no people whose lives have been drastically changed for the better through atheism.
So what? What kind of fool bases his judgment based only on what he has personally seen? You are an insulated religious person with a world view the size of a postage stamp.
What kind of fool bases his judgment on what he never observed himself? I'm hardly what one could call a man of the world; however, I'm far from ignorant of history and social mores...

Last edited:
all religions were invented by man [ sorry--people ---for you PC people ]
they are fairytales
And Billions and Billions of years with lightning striking a puddle and fish crawling up on land and developing feet isn't a fairytale religion? And man evolved from blacks isn't what evolution is all about --- just expressed in a politically correct way for the faint of heart?
what are you saying?
what is your theory on how humans came to be??
god ''energized'' them and they appeared out of nowhere?? that's a lot more unbelievable than evolution
GOD created man from the dust and then took DNA from Adam to create Eve. What is the point of believing in GOD, if GOD is incapable of doing what HE clearly states HE can do. If GOD did not create us, does HE posses the power to SAVE?

If live was spontaneous, why can't we create it? And I'm not regarding what some call mere building blocks. We are thinking beings ---------------Nature has no brain. Surely we can design quicker what Nature is "believed" to have brought about in 100's of thousands of years! There's an old saying ---- Put up or shut up! But don't have the gaul to mandate that you possess reality and Christians do not.
so you believe a fully formed man just appeared out of nowhere??!!
I'm waiting for YOU to put up your theory--with specifics like evolution ---not ''god did it''
either you do or you STFU
No, I said a fully formed man was Created from dust. Did you ever see a 3000 year old Egyptian mummy? Even though preserved, they are still in the process of crumbling into dust.
Norman Rockwell paints the illustration for a cover of Saturday Evening Post. It's of a boy at the counter of a cafe seated on a stool next to a police officer. Would anyone say, "I wonder if these characters were painted first as babies and then nurtured by the artist until they evolved into the characters seen in the painting? Ridiculous! Absolutely! The artist may sketch in a boy and an adult male; however, he paints to complete the moment. This is even more true of plants, trees and flowers. An artist simply paints what he desires. He doesn't paint a seed and then a sapling --- finally a full grown tree. What less can we expect from our Omnipotent GOD!
GOD spoke and it was and it was good. Why should one make up an untrue story to sooth your ruffled feathers --- or to eliminate the artist! And no, I will tell you what I believe is true because I care what happens to you.

No, because that would make absolutely no sense.
Without GOD nothing makes any sense.

And yet you have issues asking God whether the Book of Mormon is true as Moroni challenged
No, I absolutely have no issues asking GOD whether the BOOK of MORMON is true as Moroni challenged. GOD informed me in no uncertain terms that the BOOK of MORMON is Satan's attempt to distort GOD's HOLY WORD, through attempting to corrupt the understanding of how the Bible was authored by GOD, while working to bring contempt on the doctrine of the inerrancy of GOD's WRITTEN WORD. The Mormon church is a secular business disguised in religious paraphernalia. I see Mormonism as a beautiful man made sepulchre housing a rotting corpse. And I firmly believe that all Mormons who do turn their lives over to Jesus will eventually leave this pagan organization as enlightened as I.

So Satan wrote a book to persuade men to come to Jesus Christ?

Also is the Bible all of God’s word or did He speak to you?

Satan instigated the formation of a religion that suggests that Satan and Jesus are brothers. That demeans Christ while exalting Satan... Not so much about coming to Christ but agreeing with Joseph Smith and embracing MORMONISM!

I do hear a still small voice on occasion, but He shows me what to read, where to read, and very often places sermons and other Christians along the way which provide an answer to a question that I'm pondering at that moment. The main fact I believe is that the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament are inerrant. Anyone declaring otherwise is on a slippery slope, and will eventually accept whatever itchy ears wish to hear...

So Satan wants people to come to Christ because that somehow demeans Him.

Funny how similar that bad argument is to the pharisees accusing Christ of casting out devils by e power of Beelzebub

they are fairytales

And yet so many are resistant to reading the Book of Mormon and taking Moroni's challenge

Ive never had a reason to avoid reading Grimm fairytales. Or any others for that matter. Ive never hesitated from reading anything from another religious tradition either. If it contains truths i welcome it whatever the source. If it doesn't I understand my neighbor better. Win win

Totally made up, geez, up your critical thinking game, brah.

I’m not of the opinion that critical thinking has anything to do with it when you reject without thinking
I've thought about it a lot. Obviously in a more critical way than you have.

Maybe you can help me here because nobody else at this board can: how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

It was after the days of Noah that the earth was divided.

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

In the days of Peleg was the earth divided and he was 5 generations down from Noah.

Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Salah
Eber
Peleg

The earth was one land mass until Peleg. Noah didn't need to get kangaroos to and from Australia since Australia was not divided from the one land mass that existed in the days of Noah..
Geologic record says otherwise. How do you explain it?
Where Are All the Bunny Fossils?
Not a geologic science site, but a bible site. Please try again.

I read the BoM again last year for my friend, a stake president, and listened to two other friends present a lecture series on Gospel Topics Essays.

The BoM remains, in my mind, one of America's truly greatest religious fictions ever written, and GTE lectures reminded me why I am not a Mormon.

However, as a Baptist buddy of mine told me that he would rather have Mormons on both sides as neighbors, because Baptists will steal from you.

I read the BoM again last year for my friend, a stake president, and listened to two other friends present a lecture series on Gospel Topics Essays.

The BoM remains, in my mind, one of America's truly greatest religious fictions ever written, and GTE lectures reminded me why I am not a Mormon.

However, as a Baptist buddy of mine told me that he would rather have Mormons on both sides as neighbors, because Baptists will steal from you.
ya better have 2 Mormons fish with ya so one doesn't steal all your beer

they are fairytales
And Billions and Billions of years with lightning striking a puddle and fish crawling up on land and developing feet isn't a fairytale religion? And man evolved from blacks isn't what evolution is all about --- just expressed in a politically correct way for the faint of heart?
what are you saying?
god ''energized'' them and they appeared out of nowhere?? that's a lot more unbelievable than evolution
GOD created man from the dust and then took DNA from Adam to create Eve. What is the point of believing in GOD, if GOD is incapable of doing what HE clearly states HE can do. If GOD did not create us, does HE posses the power to SAVE?

If live was spontaneous, why can't we create it? And I'm not regarding what some call mere building blocks. We are thinking beings ---------------Nature has no brain. Surely we can design quicker what Nature is "believed" to have brought about in 100's of thousands of years! There's an old saying ---- Put up or shut up! But don't have the gaul to mandate that you possess reality and Christians do not.
I'm waiting for YOU to put up your theory--with specifics like evolution ---not ''god did it''
No, I said a fully formed man was Created from dust. Did you ever see a 3000 year old Egyptian mummy? Even though preserved, they are still in the process of crumbling into dust.
Norman Rockwell paints the illustration for a cover of Saturday Evening Post. It's of a boy at the counter of a cafe seated on a stool next to a police officer. Would anyone say, "I wonder if these characters were painted first as babies and then nurtured by the artist until they evolved into the characters seen in the painting? Ridiculous! Absolutely! The artist may sketch in a boy and an adult male; however, he paints to complete the moment. This is even more true of plants, trees and flowers. An artist simply paints what he desires. He doesn't paint a seed and then a sapling --- finally a full grown tree. What less can we expect from our Omnipotent GOD!
GOD spoke and it was and it was good. Why should one make up an untrue story to sooth your ruffled feathers --- or to eliminate the artist! And no, I will tell you what I believe is true because I care what happens to you.
so your theory--in detail [ hahahah ] is god did it--made a fully formed man from--dust..??!!!???

Without GOD nothing makes any sense.

And yet you have issues asking God whether the Book of Mormon is true as Moroni challenged
No, I absolutely have no issues asking GOD whether the BOOK of MORMON is true as Moroni challenged. GOD informed me in no uncertain terms that the BOOK of MORMON is Satan's attempt to distort GOD's HOLY WORD, through attempting to corrupt the understanding of how the Bible was authored by GOD, while working to bring contempt on the doctrine of the inerrancy of GOD's WRITTEN WORD. The Mormon church is a secular business disguised in religious paraphernalia. I see Mormonism as a beautiful man made sepulchre housing a rotting corpse. And I firmly believe that all Mormons who do turn their lives over to Jesus will eventually leave this pagan organization as enlightened as I.

So Satan wrote a book to persuade men to come to Jesus Christ?

Also is the Bible all of God’s word or did He speak to you?

Satan instigated the formation of a religion that suggests that Satan and Jesus are brothers. That demeans Christ while exalting Satan... Not so much about coming to Christ but agreeing with Joseph Smith and embracing MORMONISM!

I do hear a still small voice on occasion, but He shows me what to read, where to read, and very often places sermons and other Christians along the way which provide an answer to a question that I'm pondering at that moment. The main fact I believe is that the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament are inerrant. Anyone declaring otherwise is on a slippery slope, and will eventually accept whatever itchy ears wish to hear...

So Satan wants people to come to Christ because that somehow demeans Him.

Funny how similar that bad argument is to the pharisees accusing Christ of casting out devils by e power of Beelzebub
No Satan wishes to mock Christianity by calling into question the ability of CHRIST to both protect the inerrancy of GOD's Holy Word and protect HIS CHURCH (the body of ALL believers). Satan wishes to confuse those who might come to CHRIST by coercing them into cults and believing that there is missing information or special tasks which need to be done. Satan promotes any ideology which confuses and or turns people away from truth. Christ never said, "Go and build temples and do secret rituals out of the eye's of the general public." Christ said to Preach the Good News to EVERYONE and live openly so that others may see.
I suppose that you believe that you're going to the Celestial Kingdom because you're a Mormon. If that is not so --- leave, and start attending a nice little Independent Bible Believing church for a few years -------- or would that make you feel uncomfortable... They simply ignore the book of Mormon. Hey, none of the Apostles had it and they did OK. They never heard of Nephi, Moroni or Joseph Smith. All anyone needs is the LORD JESUS CHRIST ---- is that not the TRUTH! Or perhaps you are now confused................................

Last edited:
what are you saying?

so your theory--in detail [ hahahah ] is god did it--made a fully formed man from--dust..??!!!???
Yes, and your theory specifically is that Nature did it!?!?!?!?!!?? [hahahahahahaha] I wonder, if you believe that bacteria can evolve into a man, then man should be able to devolve into bacteria! Do experimentation and tell me how that works out...

I'd rather be a Christian than of any "religious" group I can think of. PS> Have you ever read Ben Hur?

what are you saying?

Yes, and your theory specifically is that Nature did it!?!?!?!?!!?? [hahahahahahaha] I wonder, if you believe that bacteria can evolve into a man, then man should be able to devolve into bacteria! Do experimentation and tell me how that works out...
evolutionary theory has a lot more to it than just ''god did it''

Sure. And your point is that you want to be in chariot races.

Go to Logan in Cache County for the winter races.

Last edited:

evolutionary theory has a lot more to it than just ''god did it''
Yes, indeedy. They've projected millions and millions and billion of billions and trillions of trillions of years. Why wouldn't a Christian simply say God created the entire Universe in 6 days and on the seventh day He rested.

12 Arguments Evolutionists Should Avoid
For years, we’ve maintained a list of arguments creationists should avoid. There are enough good arguments for biblical accuracy and a young earth that dubious claims can safely be discarded. Now we want to address a similar topic: arguments evolutionists should avoid.

Argument 1: “Evolution Is a Fact”
When our core beliefs are attacked, it’s often easy for humans to retreat to statements such as this: “My belief is a fact, and yours is wrong.” That’s exactly why we cannot trust mere human understanding to explain the unobservable past—emotion and pride get in the way. Evolution is not a fact, no matter how many times evolutionists say it is. It’s a framework built on assumptions about the past—assumptions that will never have direct, first-hand, observational proof.

Argument 2: “Only the Uneducated Reject Evolution”
Besides the arrogance of such statements, this argument has no footing and should be cast off. Mainly, those who make this claim usually define “educated people” as those who accept evolution. Anyone who disagrees fails the test, no matter what their background (e.g., if we follow this ideology, Isaac Newton must have been uneducated). There are many lists of well-educated scholars who look to the Bible for answers and we could point out Darwin’s own deficit of formal education (he earned a bachelor’s in theology). But the bigger issue is that education—or lack—does not guarantee the validity of a person’s position.

Argument 3: “Overwhelming Evidence in All Fields of Science Supports Evolution”
The irony, of course, is that for centuries prior to Darwin’s publication of On the Origin of Species, the majority of scientists found the opposite to be true: the “evidence” supported creation. What changed? Not the evidence. Rather, the starting point changed (i.e., moving from the Bible, God’s Word, to humanism, man’s word). Creationists continue to see everything in light of God’s Word and all evidence as supporting the biblical account. In reality, there is no “neutral” starting point; everyone—whether they acknowledge it or not—interprets the “facts” according to a particular way of thinking (i.e., worldview).

Argument 4: Doubting Evolution Is Like Doubting Gravity
Why does this argument fail? We’ll show you. Take a pencil or pen. Hold it in the air. Then drop it to the floor. That’s gravity. Next, make a single-celled organism—like an amoeba—turn into a goat. Go ahead. We’ll wait. . . . No? As you can see, there’s a fundamental difference between operational science, which can be tested through repeatable experimentation, and historical science, which cannot.

Argument 5: Doubting Evolution Is Like Believing the Earth Is Flat
Ironically, the Bible describes the earth as round and hanging in space—long before this could have been directly observed (Job 26:10; Isaiah 40:22). The appeal of this claim is that it stereotypes creationists as stuck in the past, since the common assumption is that people once universally believed the earth was flat before science “proved” otherwise (which wasn’t the case—only a few bought into the idea that the earth was flat). Direct, repeatable observation shows us the earth is round and orbiting the sun. Evolutionary stories about fossils are not direct observations; they’re assumption-based beliefs.

Argument 6: It’s Here, So It Must Have Evolved
A conclusion does not prove the premises are true. That is, if the answer is “four,” we could arrive at that any number of ways: 2 + 2, 5 - 1, etc. In the same way, evolutionists often assume that since certain species or traits exist, this is proof of evolution because that’s how it must have happened. This argument, however, is self-reflexive and useless. The Bible offers another (and more sound) framework for how those traits and species came to be.

Argument 7: “Natural Selection Is Evolution”
This is likely the most abused argument on the list—and most in need of being scrapped. Often evolutionists bait people into showing them a change that is merely natural selection and then switch to say this proves molecules-to-man evolution. However, this is quite misleading. Natural selection, even according to evolutionists, does not have the power to generate anything “new.” The observable process can only act upon existing characteristics so that some members of a species are more likely to survive. In fact, it’s an important component of the biblical worldview.

Argument 8: “Common Design Means Common Ancestry”
Historical common descent is not and cannot be confirmed through observation. Rather, certain observations are explained by assumptions about the past. These observations, we might add, have alternative explanations. Common body plans (homology), for example, do not prove common descent—that’s an assumption. A common Designer fits the evidence just as well, if not better.

Argument 9: “Sedimentary Layers Show Millions of Years of Geological Activity.”
Sedimentary layers show one thing: sedimentary layers. In other words, we can—and should—study the rocks, but the claim that rocks prove the earth must be billions of years old ignores one important point: such an interpretation is built upon a stack of assumptions. When we start from the Bible and examine the rocks within the framework of a global Flood, the need for long ages vanishes.

Argument 10: “Mutations Drive Evolution.”
Perhaps because of movies and fiction, the popular idea is that mutations make evolution go. Given enough time, shifts in the genetic code will produce all the variety of plants and animals on earth—and beyond. The problem? Mutations cannot produce the types of changes evolution requires—not even close. Some may benefit an organism (e.g., beetles on a windy island losing wings), but virtually every time mutations come with a cost.

Argument 11: The Scopes Trial
Misconceptions about the Scopes trial run rampant. Often, accounts sound something like this: Fundamentalist Christian bigots arrested an innocent biology teacher fighting for scientific freedom, and while they won the court case, they ultimately lost the public perception battle to the well reasoned presentation of the defense. Thanks to the play Inherit the Wind, this common—though completely flawed—perception of the event continues to be used against creationists. But real history presents a much different story.

Argument 12: “Science vs. Religion!”
News stories thrive on conflict and intrigue, and one common theme presents science and religion as opposing forces—reason struggling to overcome draconian divine revelation. It grabs attention, but it's untrue. Many atheists and humanists oppose biblical Christianity, but science does not. After all, the truth of a risen Savior and an inerrant Bible puts quite the damper on the belief that God cannot exist. However, science, as a tool for research, works quite well within (and, in fact, requires) a God-created universe. Otherwise, there’d be no reason to do science in the first place.

Why address these arguments?
Most of the attacks against the Bible and those who trust in it are based on flawed premises and faulty logic, which is why we point out the arguments above as just a sampling.

Beliefs about the past—and arguments against what God says—have real consequences. If we do demolish such strongholds, it’s because we want as many as possible to experience the fullness of God in Christ.

We are not natural born children of GOD. Satan is a created angel being and we are created human beings. Nothing more or less. Those that accept Christ as their PERSONAL SAVIOR become ADOPTED children of GOD. All others remain children of the devil and condemned for all eternity. This is the truth that Mormonism attempts to obliterate with Satan's blessing!

Perhaps that is Satan's greatest victory, so far, in getting most of Mankind to deny our divine heritage, as literal children of God.

Wasn't Satan invented by man?

We are not natural born children of GOD. Satan is a created angel being and we are created human beings. Nothing more or less. Those that accept Christ as their PERSONAL SAVIOR become ADOPTED children of GOD. All others remain children of the devil and condemned for all eternity. This is the truth that Mormonism attempts to obliterate with Satan's blessing!

Perhaps that is Satan's greatest victory, so far, in getting most of Mankind to deny our divine heritage, as literal children of God.

Wasn't Satan invented by man?
Satan was originally a created cherub of GOD and placed in charge of this planet. He was the most beautiful of created beings but decided he wanted to be GOD and rebelled. He also challenged Eve and Adam saying essentially that GOD didn't know what He was talking about and was withholding power that they deserved! The Fact is Satan hates humans and enjoys accusing them of all their shortcomings.

Forum List

Back