Bob Beckel says - It's OVER!

Beckel said that? do you have a link or give us what he said?

He said it on the five on fox last night.. He said if the gallup numbers are true Obama is done.

If they are accurate Obama is fucked, yes. However, and remember I am a Romney supporter here, there are reasons to be cautious. Gallup uses a 7 day rolling average for their daily numbers. That means the R+7 they released on the 18th was the average for their daily polls from the 10th-17th. That caught the tail end of the Romney surge after the first debate, factored in the VP debate, but the effects of the debate on Tuesday are basically unknown because there has only been one day of polling worked into the average.

Rasmussen uses a three day rolling average so significant events, like the debates, are easier to recognize in their trends. For example, before Tuesday's debate Rasmussen has Obama +1. Now it's Romney +2. That means that their poll on Sunday was pretty favorable toward Obama and it has now dropped off their average, and the poll on Wednesday (after the debate and replacing the Sunday poll) was avorbale toward Romney. We can theorize that undecided voters broke for Romney after Tuesday's debate (despite the media suggestion that Obama won the debate) but we really won't know for sure until Saturday's Rasmussen poll when we can compare it to the Obama +1 on Tuesday before the debate.

Gallup takes longer because they use a 7 day average and that makes it a little tough because things are happening faster now and significant events are less than a week apart so with Gallup we don't really get a full appraisal of the bumps that result from each event like we do with Rasmussen.

What is at issue here are the undecided voters. Now listen up Chris because I am about to tell you something Silver won't and is desperately hoping you will ignore. Guys like myself, Chris, CG, TM....we are all irrelevant right now. We have made up our minds and our votes are secured for one or the other candidate. Who we think won this debate or that debate doesn't mean shit. What is important is what undecided voters think and right now they are looking at the debates.

It was said in the media that debates don't matter. I said in my polling analysis thread "bullshit" they matter a ton and this year they matter most of all. The data suggests I was proven correct because of the numbers of people who have watched the debates and the poll swings after them (did Silver project that Chris? I did).

The reason why it's important is that historically the majority of undecided voters will break for the challenger. It's roughly about 60%. The reason why that happens is because undecided voters are those who havent been paying a whole lot of attention up until now. They are just getting into it and figuring out their vote. But they KNOW the incumbent...up until now they haen't known the challenger because they haven't been paying attention. Voters right now are unhappy with what has been going on. That is obvious with polling data on job approval and critical issues. But those critical undecided don't know who Romney is and what he is about. Through the debates they are figuring that out.

So up until now those undecided voters have leaned toward Obama because they didn't know Romney. As they get to know Romney through the debates they feel more comfortable with him as an alternative to Obama and as a result the majority of undecided voters are breaking for Romney. I said this would happen months ago (and yet again Chris....I was right on the nose).

So let's look at a state like Ohio which will pretty much decide this election at this point. The RCP average is Obama +2.4. Oh...well let's get rid of some crap first. PPP is run by the Democratic party and for months theyhave been showing a house bias of roughly 4-5 points in Obama's favor against the national average. Not surprising because it's the Democrats doing the polling. Let's get rid of them. Marist. They are not run by the DNC like PPP is but they show the same bias. Scroll down the Ohio page on RCP and you will see that every Marist poll favors Obama WAY more then any poll taken at the same time. Toss them out. CNN poll....media poll...media polls suck. They are not professional pollsters. Media polls are embarrisingly innaccurate and that's true whether it's a CNN, MSNBC, or Fox poll. If it's media, it's shit. Ignore it. That leaves Rasmussen, SUSA, Gravis, and ARG. Well if you average all those out what you get is Obama 46.5%, Romney 46%. Obama +0.5% and the trend favors Romney. But let's just take it where it is for now. a) 0.5% is a statistical tie. Silver can throw all the BS statistics at you that he wants, but in the end it's a fucking tie and could go either way. What's important is to recognize that according to that 7.5% are undecided or prefer another candidate.

Ok third party candidates will take about 1.5% of that. That lowers it to 6% undecided. About 60% will break on election day for the challenger. That's 4% to Romney and 2% to Obama with a final tally of Romney 50%, Obama 48.5% (or roughly thereabouts). In the end, Romney takes Ohio.

Now that is stuff Silver won't tell you and he won't because he wants jackoffs like Chris to get a bandwagon effect going and get everyone on "the winning team" and in doing so sway the election. But it won't work because only jackoffs like Chris pay attention to Silver anyhow and the ones who decide the election don't even know who the fuck he is.

Now could all that change? Sure. If Obama crushes Romney next Monday it could change. If the results from Tuesdays debate start showing a big Obama swing it could change (thus far they have shown the opposite). But despite Chris' grand argument that "Romney won't take Ohio" based apparently on his opinion and absolutely nothing else but Silver the propagandist, all signs point to Romney taking Ohio....and I called it months ago.

it was not for education at all. I know bit obivous what i said but just thought i say it

My view is that romney has edge since first debate and thats still the case. i be suprised if he that far ahead . if he is though then no doubt he going to win but we wait and see if those polls are corect
obama is the underdog but he still in the game for me and has a chance. but he need a strong thrid debate and go all out in ground game in ohio, wi , pa,,iowa and nev

people find different thing or same thing funny. depends on the person.

I thought it was funny when Obama went crying to Candy when Mitt finished up the pensions and investments in China.

I thought he was going to lose it, Obama knew he had stepped into it.

My view is that romney has edge since first debate and thats still the case. i be suprised if he that far ahead . if he is though then no doubt he going to win but we wait and see if those polls are corect
obama is the underdog but he still in the game for me and has a chance. but he need a strong thrid debate and go all out in ground game in ohio, wi , pa,,iowa and nev

It's all Ohio now decker. Whoever wins Ohio will take the election. It's not very realistic to suggest that one candiate will take Ohio and not take at least one of the others because they are so closely politically aligned. The polls and trends show that Romney will probably take Colorado and that means Ohio is all he needs. Obama will need Ohio and all of those you listed PLUS a Colorado or New Hampshire.

We have seen how fast the polls can change so for now it's anyone's ballgame but without question it's trending hard to Romney at this point. I think this is something being misunderstood by liberals right now. The historical trend is that undecideds break for the challenger, so Obama needs to do more than just win a debate. He needs to absolutely dominate Romney in the third debate.

I said in other threads that I expected Obama to win the last debate because of the town hall setting and expectations from the previous debate, etc. Frankly in mind mind Romney still won but let's just say Obama won the debate for the sake of argument....did he dominate Romney? Nope. At best it was a draw with a slight Obama lean. That's not enough to stop the surge. Obama will have to hand Romney his head on Monday if he wants four more years.

Oh its over all right............

Last night on DRUDGE at around 8PM..............

OBAMA ON COMEDY CENTRAL: 'WHEN FOUR AMERICANS GET KILLED, IT'S NOT OPTIMAL'

I..........laughed............my...........balls............off!!!!!!!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

That is correct. I listen and accept factual information readily. You ought to try it sometime.

No you don't. You are Chris and TM with a better vocabulary.

Ouch! And they say you ain't funny.

Trust me...I don't have to delve deep into my bag of wit to deal with you...neither does anyone else. I am going to bed. Come back to me when you can provide an argument that has substance. Thus far all you have provided is Chris' "Romney won't take Ohio". Yeah.....that's real fucking convincing. So deeply structured, so well thought out, so intricate in the argument's structure. :eusa_hand: Give it a rest.

No you don't. You are Chris and TM with a better vocabulary.

Trust me...I don't have to delve deep into my bag of wit to deal with you...neither does anyone else. I am going to bed. Come back to me when you can provide an argument that has substance. Thus far all you have provided is Chris' "Romney won't take Ohio". Yeah.....that's real fucking convincing. So deeply structured, so well thought out, so intricate in the argument's structure. :eusa_hand: Give it a rest.

What are you talking about? I never weighed in on Ohio.

You have a bag of wit? When are you going to bring it with you?

Sigh....moron. I am dealing with a total fucking moron. I never said you did weigh in on Ohio. Read it again and apply the meaning of punctuation..specifically the quote marks and the apostrophe after the "s" in Chris. In other words the best argument you have come up with is akin to the strength of the argument made by Chris which was "Romney won't take Ohio". Nothing more than that...just his statement that he won't....like that carries some measure of weight. Fuck you are too stupid to understand the manner in which you have been insulted.

I am going to bed. A wet dream is more thought provoking than your input.

well i am sure everyone pretty smart on here bar a few that just abusive for sake sake.

Sigh....moron. I am dealing with a total fucking moron. I never said you did weigh in on Ohio. Read it again and apply the meaning of punctuation..specifically the quote marks and the apostrophe after the "s" in Chris. In other words the best argument you have come up with is akin to the strength of the argument made by Chris which was "Romney won't take Ohio". Nothing more than that...just his statement that he won't....like that carries some measure of weight. Fuck you are too stupid to understand the manner in which you have been insulted.

I am going to bed. A wet dream is more thought provoking than your input.

You already went to bed. What's the matter? Can't relax? Maybe you are writing this drivel in your sleep. That might explain it.

It's all Ohio now decker. Whoever wins Ohio will take the election. It's not very realistic to suggest that one candiate will take Ohio and not take at least one of the others because they are so closely politically aligned. The polls and trends show that Romney will probably take Colorado and that means Ohio is all he needs. Obama will need Ohio and all of those you listed PLUS a Colorado or New Hampshire.

We have seen how fast the polls can change so for now it's anyone's ballgame but without question it's trending hard to Romney at this point. I think this is something being misunderstood by liberals right now. The historical trend is that undecideds break for the challenger, so Obama needs to do more than just win a debate. He needs to absolutely dominate Romney in the third debate.

I said in other threads that I expected Obama to win the last debate because of the town hall setting and expectations from the previous debate, etc. Frankly in mind mind Romney still won but let's just say Obama won the debate for the sake of argument....did he dominate Romney? Nope. At best it was a draw with a slight Obama lean. That's not enough to stop the surge. Obama will have to hand Romney his head on Monday if he wants four more years.
i doubt that obama can win thrid debate with ease as foregin poilicy is mixed view. some sucess with bin laden and also in ending iraq war but some promblems in handling of librya terrioist attack

so for me best hope for me is obama get through with a tie or a sight win. but romney got chance in this debate with librya thing. he cocked it up in second debate but will have more time to go at president on monday

so the president better be ready for that as romney is going to go all out attack on him on that one.

i think ohio is must win state both side really. doubt anyone fails to win their , can win a election. obama needs it more though more i admit. He needs midwest swings of mi,pa,wi,and also nev and iowa.

it be tough but it can be done. but romney no doubt is increasing his troops their so it going to be all out ground war

no doubt romney has edge with nc sewn up now and leads in va, fi and co. but election not over and battle not done.

Obama got more laughs. Romney got a couple of boos. Beckel misled you.

youre insane.....Romney did well.....better delivery and better jokes....Obama's first joke was the best, everyone sit in your empty chairs before clint eastwood yells at them....that was funny....but romnry had a ton of em

I loved his joke about Joe Biden (I guess he wasn't there)...
He said something like he wish Joe was there..."He's always good for a laugh" Lol!!!

Forum List

Back