Blue state Louisiana now #1 in new Covid cases

Competition of ideas.

Look at one rule states. Many are very fucked up messes. Like Texas, Alabama and Mississippi.
Then one would think that the voters in Mass would send various House members to Washington if they liked "competition of ideas" yet they only send Democrats? The fact is...although Massachusetts voters are extremely liberal (and demonstrate that by who they elect to represent them in Washington!) they have learned that having a Republican Governor makes the State run better.

Then one would think that the voters in Mass would send various House members to Washington if they liked "competition of ideas" yet they only send Democrats? The fact is...although Massachusetts voters are extremely liberal (and demonstrate that by who they elect to represent them in Washington!) they have learned that having a Republican Governor makes the State run better.
Well, that means that the Democratic pols have better ideas for the voters.

The republic ones win at governor because they have very moderate policies that the voters like.

What you want is a quota.

Well, that means that the Democratic pols have better ideas for the voters.

The republic ones win at governor because they have very moderate policies that the voters like.

What you want is a quota.
So Democrats have better "ideas"...but Republicans have "policies" that voters like? Why don't the voters like Democratic "policies", Otto?

You do realize that what you're saying makes ZERO sense...right?

So Democrats have better "ideas"...but Republicans have "policies" that voters like? Why don't the voters like Democratic "policies", Otto?

You do realize that what you're saying makes ZERO sense...right?
No, as a member of the House of Representative you're one voice in 435. As governor they can affect polices much more directly. Also, I assume that the MA governor works with his counter parts where as in the House that doesn't happen very often.

No, as a member of the House of Representative you're one voice in 435. As governor they can affect polices much more directly. Also, I assume that the MA governor works with his counter parts where as in the House that doesn't happen very often.
Then wouldn't Massachusetts want to be sending a more "homogenous" group to Washington, Otto? Why would they be sending some of the most liberal members of Congress to Washington if they really wanted to solve problems?

You still haven't answered my question why those far left liberals in Mass like Republican Governor's "policies" better than their Democratic counterparts!

Then wouldn't Massachusetts want to be sending a more "homogenous" group to Washington, Otto? Why would they be sending some of the most liberal members of Congress to Washington if they really wanted to solve problems?

You still haven't answered my question why those far left liberals in Mass like Republican Governor's "policies" better than their Democratic counterparts!
Again, in the battle of ideas for the House seats your side is losing. You live in the state, so give me an example for the kind of republic ideas that voters don't like.

And now your playing the man it's far left Liberals BS? A while back you had Mitt Romney who gave the state universal health coverage. Good Liberal policy. I don't know what Charlie Baker has done, but you still have universal health care.

Again, in the battle of ideas for the House seats your side is losing. You live in the state, so give me an example for the kind of republic ideas that voters don't like.

And now your playing the man it's far left Liberals BS? A while back you had Mitt Romney who gave the state universal health coverage. Good Liberal policy. I don't know what Charlie Baker has done, but you still have universal health care.
It's not much of a "battle" Otto! Massachusetts has a very small Republican population. That's what makes it so startling that the voters elect GOP Governors almost as much as they elect Democratic ones! My point...which you can't seem to grasp...is that even in a State as liberal as Massachusetts...intelligent people understand that you have to live within a budget whether you are running a household or a State. Massachusetts voters elect GOP Governors in large part because they are a counter-balance to runaway liberal spending! In other words...they elect Republican Governors to tell them either NO or NOT THAT MUCH!

I don't live in the State by the way...I grew up there and know it well. I ran large night clubs all over the country before I retired to Florida. I'm HERE for many of the same reasons people from New York are. A lower cost of living, no State Income Tax and much lower crime rates. Those are things that are caused by politics...both here and up north.

It's not much of a "battle" Otto! Massachusetts has a very small Republican population. That's what makes it so startling that the voters elect GOP Governors almost as much as they elect Democratic ones! My point...which you can't seem to grasp...is that even in a State as liberal as Massachusetts...intelligent people understand that you have to live within a budget whether you are running a household or a State. Massachusetts voters elect GOP Governors in large part because they are a counter-balance to runaway liberal spending! In other words...they elect Republican Governors to tell them either NO or NOT THAT MUCH!

I don't live in the State by the way...I grew up there and know it well. I ran large night clubs all over the country before I retired to Florida. I'm HERE for many of the same reasons people from New York are. A lower cost of living, no State Income Tax and much lower crime rates. Those are things that are caused by politics...both here and up north.
Why is it a small republic base? Has the republic party nothing to offer?

Why is it a small republic base? Has the republic party nothing to offer?
Massachusetts is one of the most liberal States in the country, Otto. Are you shocked that they don't have a lot of Republicans? That being said however it's obvious Republicans DO have something to offer...why else would liberal Massachusetts voters keep putting GOP Governors in office? :)

Massachusetts is one of the most liberal States in the country, Otto. Are you shocked that they don't have a lot of Republicans? That being said however it's obvious Republicans DO have something to offer...why else would liberal Massachusetts voters keep putting GOP Governors in office? :)
Is the republic party that lacking in state?

Is the republic party that lacking in state?
It's about a third the size of the Democratic Party I believe. What makes Massachusetts rather unique though, is that there are more Independents than there are Democrats and they can vote in whatever primary they wish to. It makes for interesting politics.

its simply amazing to me how we ALL continue to divide is out and slam the other side for not thinking like our side does.

as long as either justifying how WE feel or bitching about how THEY feel, we should *all* simply attack problems.

but we're generations from that again. people are too pissed off to stop the arrogance and emotional validation.

Forum List

Back