Blinded by Hate

Yes. My ex-brother in law despised gays with a passion. (On the level of the WBC.)

No idea, I was never near him around anyone homosexual.

so it's not actual fear.

I asked people to be specific

phobias create a reaction in a person that most can clearly see

I think you are confused about why people use the term 'homophobia.' It is like the term 'xenophobia.' Xenophobia manifests itself as hatred toward others who are different.

Dictionary definitions of xenophobia include: deep-rooted, irrational hatred towards foreigners (Oxford English Dictionary; OED), unreasonable fear or hatred of the unfamiliar (Webster's).
Wiki

Homophobia is a sub-category of xenophobia as it focuses specifically on hatred toward homosexuals. Though the literal definition of 'phobia' is 'fear,' the idea, psychologically, is that the fear manifests itself in a hateful, angry way. So, for example, if I have an irrational fear of spiders, as many people do, I also hate them and want to annilate them, and I might also find nothing but fault with them and continually express my desire to crush them, smash them, flush them, etc., as well as describing their behavior as beneath contempt in every way.

Phobia means fear, but the fear manifests itself in more ways than just running away when you see or experience what you don't like. For example, I have heard people who have a fear of flying express the deepest contempt for the idea of traveling. They give all kinds of reason for not traveling, when what it really comes down to is they have a horrible fear of flying, so they won't go anywhere, and the attack the idea of flying, of planes, sneer at any need to get in airplane.

People who are homophobes are essentially doing what xenophobes do: they don't understand something that is very different, and it is theatening to their perception of reality and all that it should be. And they express that fear in hatred and anger.

It's a sickness. So, while you are so gleefully accusing gays of being sick, the actual sicko is you.

That's so vague and open that anything I don't like is a phobia

sourkrout
canned spinach
broccoli

That puts me into 3 subcats of xenophobia

has anyone ever met an actual homophobe?

how did that person react when around gays?

keeping in mind a phobia is a fear, not a dislike or disagreence.

I have a fear or phobia of spiders. I hate them. I kill every last one that I find in my house.

"The Woodlands 10," brutally murdered Broussard in what would become Houston’s most infamous gay-bashing hate crime.

Parole withdrawn for Woodlands man convicted in hate-crime murder of Paul Broussard | khou.com Houston

Yes I think those teens had an irrational fear of gays.

I also have a phobia about wasps too. I combat them with chemical warfare.

so no, you have never met one

Freaks finally found a place that won't tolerate them.

Why would anyone want to accept people who act like a side show attraction. They keep telling us they are "just like everybody else" but I don't remember anyone at the last parade I took my kids to carrying a "Free Pussy" sign. Minute 4:25

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3oVCkJerk]West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade 2011 - Celebrating Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals & Transgenders - YouTube[/ame]

goto a mardi gra parade, then get back to me on how freaky people get

or just youtube any parade in Brazil

Homosexuality is just one of many personal issues that Democrats are using to breed hatred for their opposition.

This is how third world governments work. They know they suck ass, so they invent strawmen to constantly beat so the population doesn't point the finger of blame at them.

Well gosh then...the way to diffuse their evil plot would be for the "opposition" to not be so homophobic wouldn't it?

Do you know any homophobes?

people that have an instant fear reaction around gay people.

Read the definition.

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation: \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\
Function: noun
Date: 1969
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
— ho·mo·pho·bic \-ˈfō-bik\ adjective

So, yeah, I know a few.

Well gosh then...the way to diffuse their evil plot would be for the "opposition" to not be so homophobic wouldn't it?

Read the definition.

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

So, yeah, I know a few.

again, vague and pointless, to set up anyone that disagrees, to be called a homophobe

I hate broccoli, I don't fear it.

I have.

She ran shrieking in fear every time she saw a spider.

Oh wait, maybe that was Islamaphobia, uhh wait again, I guess it was arachnophobia. It's hard to keep my knowledge of made up phobias up to date the way the leftists define them.

yeah...myself. i was a homophobe as a teenager. i hated them and would make fun of them mercilessly, especially if with a group of friends. that all changed the day i found out one of my closet family friends and somewhat of a mentor (he was in his 20's) was gay.

we were all over for dinner one night and i came home after being trolled by a homosexual in a store, wasn't pervy, he was just giving me the eye and just happened to be on many of the aisles i was on. so i come home and rip fags, faggots or whatever slur i call them. i was livid. a few weeks later my mom informed he was gay. and was stuck with the choice of choosing a great friend or continuing hating gays.

i talked to him about it and we came to an understanding. from that day forth i no longer hated homosexuals and have had several as close friends.

Homosexuality is the hypothesized to sometimes be the result of Childhood Traumatic experiences, frequently molestation by an older Same Sex relative or what have you . Tell me little boy - this "friend" did he touch you in any "funny" places .

Question #2 - did you invent that whole scenario - because you're a Gay trying to make a point , or are you a sock puppet of seahag ?

it is a true story and it is not about me. nor will i divulge any other information about the person i referred.

your attitude about it is pathetic and disgusting. you're simply a twisted individual with so much hate, you're probably projecting the whole post so you have to deal with your own issues.

As someone who's been gay bashed by 5 older teenaged males, I can attest to have met a homophobe. Since then, I've learned never respond to taunts and jeers. Sometimes they're hoping to provoke a reaction to justify their coming over and swinging on ya.

Repeat after me: Aim at center mass and fire until the threat is neutralized!

yeah...myself. i was a homophobe as a teenager. i hated them and would make fun of them mercilessly, especially if with a group of friends. that all changed the day i found out one of my closet family friends and somewhat of a mentor (he was in his 20's) was gay.

we were all over for dinner one night and i came home after being trolled by a homosexual in a store, wasn't pervy, he was just giving me the eye and just happened to be on many of the aisles i was on. so i come home and rip fags, faggots or whatever slur i call them. i was livid. a few weeks later my mom informed he was gay. and was stuck with the choice of choosing a great friend or continuing hating gays.

i talked to him about it and we came to an understanding. from that day forth i no longer hated homosexuals and have had several as close friends.

Homosexuality is the hypothesized to sometimes be the result of Childhood Traumatic experiences, frequently molestation by an older Same Sex relative or what have you . Tell me little boy - this "friend" did he touch you in any "funny" places .

Question #2 - did you invent that whole scenario - because you're a Gay trying to make a point , or are you a sock puppet of seahag ?

Dude...please stop letting the voices in your head post!

Hating and phobia are two entirely different things.
I'm glad you got over your hate.

Read the definition.

So, yeah, I know a few.

again, vague and pointless, to set up anyone that disagrees, to be called a homophobe

Disagrees with what, equal rights? If you don't "agree" with equal rights for blacks would you be a racist? Bigot tends to be too broad. Shall we make up a new one? How's "Gayist"?

so it's not actual fear.

I asked people to be specific

phobias create a reaction in a person that most can clearly see

I think you are confused about why people use the term 'homophobia.' It is like the term 'xenophobia.' Xenophobia manifests itself as hatred toward others who are different.

Dictionary definitions of xenophobia include: deep-rooted, irrational hatred towards foreigners (Oxford English Dictionary; OED), unreasonable fear or hatred of the unfamiliar (Webster's).
Wiki

Homophobia is a sub-category of xenophobia as it focuses specifically on hatred toward homosexuals. Though the literal definition of 'phobia' is 'fear,' the idea, psychologically, is that the fear manifests itself in a hateful, angry way. So, for example, if I have an irrational fear of spiders, as many people do, I also hate them and want to annilate them, and I might also find nothing but fault with them and continually express my desire to crush them, smash them, flush them, etc., as well as describing their behavior as beneath contempt in every way.

Phobia means fear, but the fear manifests itself in more ways than just running away when you see or experience what you don't like. For example, I have heard people who have a fear of flying express the deepest contempt for the idea of traveling. They give all kinds of reason for not traveling, when what it really comes down to is they have a horrible fear of flying, so they won't go anywhere, and the attack the idea of flying, of planes, sneer at any need to get in airplane.

People who are homophobes are essentially doing what xenophobes do: they don't understand something that is very different, and it is theatening to their perception of reality and all that it should be. And they express that fear in hatred and anger.

It's a sickness. So, while you are so gleefully accusing gays of being sick, the actual sicko is you.

That's so vague and open that anything I don't like is a phobia

sourkrout
canned spinach
broccoli

That puts me into 3 subcats of xenophobia

To the Gay Community HOMOPHOBIC describes anyone who dares to disagree with their Agenda.

Read the definition.

So, yeah, I know a few.

Disagrees with what, equal rights? If you don't "agree" with equal rights for blacks would you be a racist? Bigot tends to be too broad. Shall we make up a new one? How's "Gayist"?
How about you just admit that I'm right.

cherry pick all you want, but you know hating broccoli would make me a subcat of xenophobe

As someone who's been gay bashed by 5 older teenaged males, I can attest to have met a homophobe. Since then, I've learned never respond to taunts and jeers. Sometimes they're hoping to provoke a reaction to justify their coming over and swinging on ya.

Define "gay bashed".

Read the definition.

So, yeah, I know a few.

[ame=http://youtu.be/2x4_-as0rv4]Maury - girl is deathly afraid of pickles - YouTube[/ame]

I Wonder if the Girl is a Lesbian ?

it is a true story and it is not about me. nor will i divulge any other information about the person i referred.

your attitude about it is pathetic and disgusting. you're simply a twisted individual with so much hate, you're probably projecting the whole post so you have to deal with your own issues.

Oh okay, so it's a true story , but not about yourself. So are you Lying now - or were you lying then When you said ....
....yeah...myself. i was a homophobe as a teenager. i hated them and would make fun of them mercilessly, especially if with a group of friends.

Basically - I was right - you invented the Whole Story. Gotcha

How about you just admit that I'm right.

cherry pick all you want, but you know hating broccoli would make me a subcat of xenophobe

Nobody is "cherry picking". I gave you the Merriam Webster definition. How about Oxford?

an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

Dictionary.com

unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

And the "phobia" most often referred to is those that fear the gay in themselves, not others.

Forum List

Back