Blinded by Hate

Yes. My ex-brother in law despised gays with a passion. (On the level of the WBC.)

No idea, I was never near him around anyone homosexual.

so it's not actual fear.

I asked people to be specific

phobias create a reaction in a person that most can clearly see

I think you are confused about why people use the term 'homophobia.' It is like the term 'xenophobia.' Xenophobia manifests itself as hatred toward others who are different.

Dictionary definitions of xenophobia include: deep-rooted, irrational hatred towards foreigners (Oxford English Dictionary; OED), unreasonable fear or hatred of the unfamiliar (Webster's).
Wiki

Homophobia is a sub-category of xenophobia as it focuses specifically on hatred toward homosexuals. Though the literal definition of 'phobia' is 'fear,' the idea, psychologically, is that the fear manifests itself in a hateful, angry way. So, for example, if I have an irrational fear of spiders, as many people do, I also hate them and want to annilate them, and I might also find nothing but fault with them and continually express my desire to crush them, smash them, flush them, etc., as well as describing their behavior as beneath contempt in every way.

Phobia means fear, but the fear manifests itself in more ways than just running away when you see or experience what you don't like. For example, I have heard people who have a fear of flying express the deepest contempt for the idea of traveling. They give all kinds of reason for not traveling, when what it really comes down to is they have a horrible fear of flying, so they won't go anywhere, and the attack the idea of flying, of planes, sneer at any need to get in airplane.

People who are homophobes are essentially doing what xenophobes do: they don't understand something that is very different, and it is theatening to their perception of reality and all that it should be. And they express that fear in hatred and anger.

It's a sickness.

I think anyone who hates something that is different is just an asshole. Assholes hate everything they don't relate to.

The thing I can't stand about all this with homosexuals, if you don't "accept" them or their lifestyle you get called name's for it, like homophobe..isn't that just cute?

just like all the names they called Phil Robertson for speaking his views...redneck, hillbilly, backwoods homophobe, etc etc

they are more intolerant than anyone then walks around crowing how everyone else is suppose to be, tolerant

Last edited:
Homosexuality is just one of many personal issues that Democrats are using to breed hatred for their opposition.

This is how third world governments work. They know they suck ass, so they invent strawmen to constantly beat so the population doesn't point the finger of blame at them.

Well gosh then...the way to diffuse their evil plot would be for the "opposition" to not be so homophobic wouldn't it?

I don't think that is the problem.

I think it would be better if they stopped pushing it down the throats of people that don't want to deal with it.

Best way I know of pissing someone off is lie to their faces about the way they are supposedly thinking.

I see no difference between race-baiting and calling someone a homophobe.

Fighting for equal rights isn't pushing anything down anyone's throat. (Geez, why always the homoerotic imagery?)

Can see a political arguement being made against homosexuality since they don't reproduce. Reproducing in a voting society means more voters eventually, some of whom will vote for you. If you tolerate homosexuality, the number of voters will be less and thus each vote more important. More votes means less importance per. Projected over an entire country the impact just gets greater.

Flipside to it though. More homosexuals not reproducing means less drain on finite resources, living space, energy consumption, etc. In a time when that concern is becomming more and more noticeable, pro-homosexual positions will be harder and harder to resist.

Um...except we DO procreate...or raise the kids someone else gave away.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13850332

Can see a political arguement being made against homosexuality since they don't reproduce. Reproducing in a voting society means more voters eventually, some of whom will vote for you. If you tolerate homosexuality, the number of voters will be less and thus each vote more important. More votes means less importance per. Projected over an entire country the impact just gets greater.

Flipside to it though. More homosexuals not reproducing means less drain on finite resources, living space, energy consumption, etc. In a time when that concern is becomming more and more noticeable, pro-homosexual positions will be harder and harder to resist.

Same-Sex Couples Census Data Trickles Out: One-Quarter Are Raising Children - ABC News

No you do not procreate with those of the same sex. Damn you people are not only abominations you're stupid as hell too.

Same-Sex Couples Census Data Trickles Out: One-Quarter Are Raising Children - ABC News

No you do not procreate with those of the same sex. Damn you people are not only abominations you're stupid as hell too.

So? We still procreate. My partner and I made sure to have sex first...that doesn't count? :lol:

It's more than Romney's son Tagg did...he spooged in a cup.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/the...ndchildren-for-romney-with-help-of-surrogate/

So? We still procreate. My partner and I made sure to have sex first...that doesn't count? :lol:

It's more than Romney's son Tagg did...he spooged in a cup.

2 New Grandchildren for Romney, With Help of Surrogate - NYTimes.com

Not with each other you moron.

Damn, you people are stupid.

has anyone ever met an actual homophobe?

how did that person react when around gays?

keeping in mind a phobia is a fear, not a dislike or disagreence.

I have a fear or phobia of spiders. I hate them. I kill every last one that I find in my house.

"The Woodlands 10," brutally murdered Broussard in what would become Houston’s most infamous gay-bashing hate crime.

Parole withdrawn for Woodlands man convicted in hate-crime murder of Paul Broussard | khou.com Houston

Yes I think those teens had an irrational fear of gays.

I also have a phobia about wasps too. I combat them with chemical warfare.

Freaks finally found a place that won't tolerate them.

Why would anyone want to accept people who act like a side show attraction. They keep telling us they are "just like everybody else" but I don't remember anyone at the last parade I took my kids to carrying a "Free Pussy" sign. Minute 4:25

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3oVCkJerk]West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade 2011 - Celebrating Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals & Transgenders - YouTube[/ame]

yeah...myself. i was a homophobe as a teenager. i hated them and would make fun of them mercilessly, especially if with a group of friends. that all changed the day i found out one of my closet family friends and somewhat of a mentor (he was in his 20's) was gay.

we were all over for dinner one night and i came home after being trolled by a homosexual in a store, wasn't pervy, he was just giving me the eye and just happened to be on many of the aisles i was on. so i come home and rip fags, faggots or whatever slur i call them. i was livid. a few weeks later my mom informed he was gay. and was stuck with the choice of choosing a great friend or continuing hating gays.

i talked to him about it and we came to an understanding. from that day forth i no longer hated homosexuals and have had several as close friends.

Freaks finally found a place that won't tolerate them.

Why would anyone want to accept people who act like a side show attraction. They keep telling us they are "just like everybody else" but I don't remember anyone at the last parade I took my kids to carrying a "Free Pussy" sign. Minute 4:25

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh3oVCkJerk]West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade 2011 - Celebrating Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals & Transgenders - YouTube[/ame]

Bodeys Kilt Klan went by @ 2:11 :razz:

In the grand scheme of things, it matters not.

Even Mad-Vlad can't stop gay acceptance, only delay the inevitable. Vladimir Putin is going to die.

I really hope he becomes acutely demented by the end of the Olympics.

yeah...myself. i was a homophobe as a teenager. i hated them and would make fun of them mercilessly, especially if with a group of friends. that all changed the day i found out one of my closet family friends and somewhat of a mentor (he was in his 20's) was gay.

we were all over for dinner one night and i came home after being trolled by a homosexual in a store, wasn't pervy, he was just giving me the eye and just happened to be on many of the aisles i was on. so i come home and rip fags, faggots or whatever slur i call them. i was livid. a few weeks later my mom informed he was gay. and was stuck with the choice of choosing a great friend or continuing hating gays.

i talked to him about it and we came to an understanding. from that day forth i no longer hated homosexuals and have had several as close friends.

Most "turnarounds" like yours happen like yours did...as a result of having a friend or family member come out to them. Thanks for sharing.

Homosexuality is the hypothesized to sometimes be the result of Childhood Traumatic experiences, frequently molestation by an older Same Sex relative or what have you . Tell me little boy - this "friend" did he touch you in any "funny" places .

Question #2 - did you invent that whole scenario - because you're a Gay trying to make a point , or are you a sock puppet of seahag ?

Last edited:

Homosexuality is the hypothesized to sometimes be the result of Childhood Traumatic experiences, frequently molestation by an older Same Sex relative or what have you . Tell me little boy - this "friend" did he touch you in any "funny" places .

^^^^pure, unadulterated bovine feces^^^^

You're more than blinded by hate, you're willfully hateful and ignorance.

Homosexuality is just one of many personal issues that Democrats are using to breed hatred for their opposition.

This is how third world governments work. They know they suck ass, so they invent strawmen to constantly beat so the population doesn't point the finger of blame at them.

Well gosh then...the way to diffuse their evil plot would be for the "opposition" to not be so homophobic wouldn't it?

Do you know any homophobes?

people that have an instant fear reaction around gay people.

As someone who's been gay bashed by 5 older teenaged males, I can attest to have met a homophobe. Since then, I've learned never respond to taunts and jeers. Sometimes they're hoping to provoke a reaction to justify their coming over and swinging on ya.

teens picking on you isn't phobia

teens pick on anyone they can.

the new kid
the short kid
kid with big ears

you see where I'm going, you're not special

Forum List

Back