Black Supreme Court Justice's wife launches 'Tea Party' group

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
And they say the tea party is nothing but a whites only club of racists. I guess this proves the liberals wrong. This ought to be good for the Party with her forming her group. It is about unifying against the policies of Usurper who is bent on destroying the Constitution, National Pride and American Freedom.

Justice's wife launches 'tea party' group - latimes.com

Reporting from Washington

As Virginia Thomas tells it in her soft-spoken, Midwestern cadence, the story of her involvement in the "tea party" movement is the tale of an average citizen in action.

"I am an ordinary citizen from Omaha, Neb., who just may have the chance to preserve liberty along with you and other people like you," she said at a recent panel discussion with tea party leaders in Washington. Thomas went on to count herself among those energized into action by President Obama's "hard-left agenda."

But Thomas is no ordinary activist.

She is the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, and she has launched a tea-party-linked group that could test the traditional notions of political impartiality for the court.

Click link for the rest of the article

Last edited:
Clarence Thomas's wife. Figures...

And I thought the supremes were supposed to be non political?

Perhaps Obama did not go far enough in his SOTU speech.

She is White?

are you really surprised?

52730515.jpg

Race has nothing to do with what she is doing. I have noticed the OP makes it a habit of making his posts about race on a regular basis.

I believe Juanita far more than I believe Anita.

Clarence Thomas was attacked because he is a black man who dares to be a conservative.

(At least we can all rest assured that his wife isn't racist, despite her EVUL Right Wing tendencies.)

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I believe Juanita far more than I believe Anita.

Clarence Thomas was attacked because he is a black man who dares to be a conservative.

(At least we can all rest assured that his wife isn't racist, despite her Right Wing tendencies.)

no. i can only speak for myself. but i know how old he was and what his experience was when he was named a supreme court justice. he simply wasn't qualified.

and his lack of qualification had nothing to do with his color or his conservatism. scalia is a terrible justice. but no one ever questioned his qualifications.

How good or bad a justice is is often colored by the ideology of the observer. Thomas, imo, has turned out to be a very effective justice.

My viewpoint is also affected by the fact that I lived in Berkeley during his confirmation hearings. Some of criticism I overheard of him was beyond appalling and incredibly racist. The lefties here do not tolerate black conservatives well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back