Black Supreme Court Justice's wife launches 'Tea Party' group

How good or bad a justice is is often colored by the ideology of the observer. Thomas, imo, has turned out to be a very effective justice.

My viewpoint is also affected by the fact that I lived in Berkeley during his confirmation hearings. Some of criticism I overheard of him was beyond appalling and incredibly racist. The lefties here do not tolerate black conservatives well.

True. But I tend to look at the intellect of the jurist. I can tell you that I'd love to sit down and have an argument with scalia... he's briliant. of questionable ethics and more questionable politics, but brilliant. I think Roberts is clearly qualified even though I wouldn't agree with a decision of his on a bet.

Yet there isn't a single judge or attorney i have ever known who thought Thomas should be on the bench.

My work here is done...

I not only have helped to derail yet another stupid US Army Retard thread...

derailed-train.jpg

...but I have also managed to turn Sinatra into a blithering fountain of Political Correctness!

SCORE!

True. But I tend to look at the intellect of the jurist. I can tell you that I'd love to sit down and have an argument with scalia... he's briliant. of questionable ethics and more questionable politics, but brilliant. I think Roberts is clearly qualified even though I wouldn't agree with a decision of his on a bet.

Yet there isn't a single judge or attorney i have ever known who thought Thomas should be on the bench.

I'll have to defer to you on that - I haven't discussed Thomas' qualifications with many lawyers.

We'll just have to agree to disagree; I'm still happy with his service and stance on the Constitution.

I'll have to defer to you on that - I haven't discussed Thomas' qualifications with many lawyers.

We'll just have to agree to disagree; I'm still happy with his service and stance on the Constitution.

What Republican wouldn't be? :eusa_eh:

____

Nor has she.

Racism thrives within the moral vacuum of the liberal mind...

Comedy it was not, nor even close to approaching sarcasm.

Simple far left racist liberalism on display.

Whoosh indeed...

Wrong again. Why don't you go address Sitarro or your fellow righties in your own house about racism? Coward.

Nor has she.

Racism thrives within the moral vacuum of the liberal mind...

So you're calling Jillian a racist who hasn't discussed his qualifications with lawyers despite being a lawyer herself?

:cuckoo:

Ironically, this thread was started by a racist that Sinatra has never called out.

Whoosh indeed...

Wrong again. Why don't you go address Sitarro or your fellow righties in your own house about racism? Coward.

Simple deflection, eh?

How utterly predictable.

Racism is inherent within this thread, dominated by those proclaiming to be "liberal".

Rather sad - but as you can see, nothing new...

_____

Senator Reid has revealed the intolerance found on the political left for minorities who do not reside on their ideological plantation," said Project 21 member Wendell Talley. "Justice Thomas has been in the public eye for approximately 15 years and conducted himself with integrity. Reid seemed to be around just 15 minutes before he made a fool of himself. He should apologize to Justice Thomas for his comments."

While being interviewed on the NBC News program "Meet the Press" on December 5, Senator Reid was asked about the possibility of Justice Thomas replacing current Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who is currently being treated for thyroid cancer. Reid called Thomas "an embarrassment to the Supreme Court" and said his "opinions are poorly written."

In the same interview, Senator Reid praised Justice Antonin Scalia, calling him "one smart guy." Scalia and Thomas share many of the same views. Scalia, of course, is white.

Legal scholars are not as critical of Justice Thomas' legal prowess as are liberal politicians and activists. Commenting on liberal criticism of Thomas' jurisprudence, University of Wisconsin Law Professor Ann Althouse wrote: "It is my observation that liberals tend to lapse into the lazy belief that those who don't agree with them must be stupid or evil, and to me Reid's remarks look a bit like that... I realize the senators can't get away with opposing a judicial nomination on the grounds that they simply disagree with their opinions... but to attack Thomas' intelligence is shameless."

"I consider Senator Reid's comments against Justice Thomas to be among the boldest and most unambiguously racist public attacks since the day when lynchings were commonplace and Orval Faubus and Bull Connor openly used their political power to keep blacks down," said Project 21 member Mychal Massie. "The fact that Justice Thomas may become our nation's first black Chief Justice is a tremendous civil rights milestone, but it will be a tremendous step backward if he were undermined simply for being a black conservative. Not only will it hurt Justice Thomas personally, but it could stifle future generations of black Americans from expressing independent and diverse political opinions."

Critics: Reid Racist for Clarence Thomas Remarks

+

Whoosh indeed...

Simple deflection, eh?

How utterly predictable.

Racism is inherent within this thread, dominated by those proclaiming to be "liberal".

Rather sad - but as you can see, nothing new...

_____

Senator Reid has revealed the intolerance found on the political left for minorities who do not reside on their ideological plantation," said Project 21 member Wendell Talley. "Justice Thomas has been in the public eye for approximately 15 years and conducted himself with integrity. Reid seemed to be around just 15 minutes before he made a fool of himself. He should apologize to Justice Thomas for his comments."

While being interviewed on the NBC News program "Meet the Press" on December 5, Senator Reid was asked about the possibility of Justice Thomas replacing current Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who is currently being treated for thyroid cancer. Reid called Thomas "an embarrassment to the Supreme Court" and said his "opinions are poorly written."

In the same interview, Senator Reid praised Justice Antonin Scalia, calling him "one smart guy." Scalia and Thomas share many of the same views. Scalia, of course, is white.

Legal scholars are not as critical of Justice Thomas' legal prowess as are liberal politicians and activists. Commenting on liberal criticism of Thomas' jurisprudence, University of Wisconsin Law Professor Ann Althouse wrote: "It is my observation that liberals tend to lapse into the lazy belief that those who don't agree with them must be stupid or evil, and to me Reid's remarks look a bit like that... I realize the senators can't get away with opposing a judicial nomination on the grounds that they simply disagree with their opinions... but to attack Thomas' intelligence is shameless."

"I consider Senator Reid's comments against Justice Thomas to be among the boldest and most unambiguously racist public attacks since the day when lynchings were commonplace and Orval Faubus and Bull Connor openly used their political power to keep blacks down," said Project 21 member Mychal Massie. "The fact that Justice Thomas may become our nation's first black Chief Justice is a tremendous civil rights milestone, but it will be a tremendous step backward if he were undermined simply for being a black conservative. Not only will it hurt Justice Thomas personally, but it could stifle future generations of black Americans from expressing independent and diverse political opinions."

Critics: Reid Racist for Clarence Thomas Remarks

Forum List

Back