Black Man Who Supported Trump Demands Reparations

1625885635629.png

reparations​

noun

rep·a·ra·tion | \ ˌre-pə-ˈrā-shən \

Definition of reparations

1a: a repairing or keeping in repair
breparations plural : REPAIRS
2a: the act of making amends, offering expiation, or giving satisfaction for a wrong or injury
b: something done or given as amends or satisfaction
3: the payment of damages : INDEMNIFICATION
specifically : compensation in money or materials payable by a defeated nation for damages to or expenditures sustained by another nation as a result of hostilities with the defeated nation —usually used in plural

Brother Robert Johnson, the first black BILLIONAIRE in America has stated his support for reparations.

So maybe one of you broke dick, not having a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of white racists would like to inform Mr. Johnson of how he only wants free money from whitey to compensate for his failures.

Country's first black billionaire calls for reparations so America can 'atone' for racist history
Michael Lee

America’s first black billionaire said people need to “atone” for the country’s history by paying reparations to the nation’s black population.

Robert L. Johnson wearing a suit and tie

“Reparations would require the entire country to … admit that the result of slavery has been 200 years of systemic racism, and for that reason, black folks have been denied $13-$15 trillion of wealth, and therefore, we as a country now must atone by paying black people of all stripes — the rich ones, the poor ones, and the middle — out of our pocket,” said Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television.

Johnson argued current proposals such as critical race theory education, housing grant programs, and the $5 billion of targeted support and debt relief for black farmers are being enacted as a way to sidestep paying true reparations.

“That’s what’s happening to the reparations — it’s been cut up into small pieces of things that look and feel like, ‘We want to end systemic racism, we want to end police brutality and shootings, and to provide financing to black small-business owners,’” Johnson said. “And then, people can say, ‘Well, we really don’t need reparations because when you put all of these things together, it’s reparations. It’s just not one big bill or asking this country to stand up and apologize, and you’re not asking people to pay out of their paychecks.”

Johnson argued that for there to be true reparations, there would have to be a direct check from the government. Earlier this month, he called for $14 trillion in reparations payments.

“With no doubt whatsoever, it was supposed to come from the government representing the people of the country,” Johnson said. “It was reimbursement, or recompense if you will, for the harm.”

I'm more than willing to pay reparations to any freed black slaves.
Since reparations are not just about slavery your consistent argument that ignores the 160 years of continued white racism after slavery is without merit.
More groups than blacks have been historically oppressed by our system, right? Women, LGBT, other minorities… do you suggest reparations in the form of government checks for these groups as well. If so, would it be the same amount as for blacks or different?
Women are white, gays are white men, Native Americans made treaties that contains monetary payments, and the agreement that citizens of Indian nations do not pay taxes, which are reparations, Japanese got reparations. With all due respect because you don't appear to be racist, your argument is without merit.
I’m not making an argument. I’m just asking questions. I get that women are white but they also suffered from systemic oppression in that they couldn’t vote, access education, loans, business and power like men…. Do you think they should also get reparations?
Fair enough. Apologies for my misinterpretation. White women participated in racial abuses of blacks. They also married the men that oppressed them and benefitted from living the lifestyle. If they divorced those men, they got reparartions in the form of alimony or divorce settlements.
No worries, just having a discussion. I’m not trying to compare the plight of women vs blacks. I’m just saying both groups were oppressed by our system and I’m wondering if you think both groups deserve reparations for the effects of the oppression ?

Brother Robert Johnson, the first black BILLIONAIRE in America has stated his support for reparations.

So maybe one of you broke dick, not having a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of white racists would like to inform Mr. Johnson of how he only wants free money from whitey to compensate for his failures.

Country's first black billionaire calls for reparations so America can 'atone' for racist history
Michael Lee

America’s first black billionaire said people need to “atone” for the country’s history by paying reparations to the nation’s black population.

“Reparations would require the entire country to … admit that the result of slavery has been 200 years of systemic racism, and for that reason, black folks have been denied $13-$15 trillion of wealth, and therefore, we as a country now must atone by paying black people of all stripes — the rich ones, the poor ones, and the middle — out of our pocket,” said Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television.

Johnson argued current proposals such as critical race theory education, housing grant programs, and the $5 billion of targeted support and debt relief for black farmers are being enacted as a way to sidestep paying true reparations.

“That’s what’s happening to the reparations — it’s been cut up into small pieces of things that look and feel like, ‘We want to end systemic racism, we want to end police brutality and shootings, and to provide financing to black small-business owners,’” Johnson said. “And then, people can say, ‘Well, we really don’t need reparations because when you put all of these things together, it’s reparations. It’s just not one big bill or asking this country to stand up and apologize, and you’re not asking people to pay out of their paychecks.”

Johnson argued that for there to be true reparations, there would have to be a direct check from the government. Earlier this month, he called for $14 trillion in reparations payments.

“With no doubt whatsoever, it was supposed to come from the government representing the people of the country,” Johnson said. “It was reimbursement, or recompense if you will, for the harm.”

Since reparations are not just about slavery your consistent argument that ignores the 160 years of continued white racism after slavery is without merit.
More groups than blacks have been historically oppressed by our system, right? Women, LGBT, other minorities… do you suggest reparations in the form of government checks for these groups as well. If so, would it be the same amount as for blacks or different?
Women are white, gays are white men, Native Americans made treaties that contains monetary payments, and the agreement that citizens of Indian nations do not pay taxes, which are reparations, Japanese got reparations. With all due respect because you don't appear to be racist, your argument is without merit.
I’m not making an argument. I’m just asking questions. I get that women are white but they also suffered from systemic oppression in that they couldn’t vote, access education, loans, business and power like men…. Do you think they should also get reparations?
Fair enough. Apologies for my misinterpretation. White women participated in racial abuses of blacks. They also m to prison, the Trenton 6, amd warried the men that oppressed them and benefitted from living the lifestyle. If they divorced those men, they got reparartions in the form of alimony or divorce settlements.
No worries, just having a discussion. I’m not trying to compare the plight of women vs blacks. I’m just saying both groups were oppressed by our system and I’m wondering if you think both groups deserve reparations for the effects of the oppression ?

The problem here is that white women helped in the oppression of blacks. This must be considered when you ask such questions. Women of color did not marry racists or play into the racism. It was a white woman who lied to get Tulsa started. It was a white woman who lied to get the Omaha riots started. It was a white woman who lied to send the Scottsboro boys and the Trenton 6 to prison. It was a white woman who lied and got Emmitt Till murdered and who caused the death of Walter McMillan. I can go on about this. These are the things you must take into account when you ask such questions.

Michael Lee

Get your facts and references straight, my friend. Women in general have been fighting for equal pay and opportunities and not to be treated as second class citizens (a far cry up from being a slave, don't cha know). The LGBT community for the most part have come about at different times in relative recent history (initially "gay rights" in general before being compartmentalized)...identification being mostly by actual public declarations, manner of dress/actions. Enjoyment of societal rights and privileges were obtained so long as folk were "in the closet" ... no history of a LGBT slave trade or constitutional amendments to recognize such as full human beings with rights. The Native Nations people are STILL fighting for their rights and reparations via broken treaties and a systematic forced indoctrination of their children. The Chinese exploited the one niche a rabid, racist gov't left them....they call out discrimination when and wherever it still occurs. And there have been reparations to some Japanese families who were victims of the internment camps of WWII.
The Irish, Italian, Polish, Greek, French, Scots, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, British, etc., all assimilated.
As for black folk, there is a precedent in one or two states where you have to prove ancestry (direct) and that those ancestral slaves were property of persons or companies that still exist to this day. Whether monetary or just public reconciliation results is left up to the individuals. For a federal mandate, that requires an act of Congress.
Got that?
Haha, sure got it! Don’t know why you’re taking an argumentative tone. Plus you never answered my question
Well chuckles, my "tone" is just responding in kind to yours. You are not that clever or subtle in your insinuations (please spare us all the feigned innocents approach, as only fool the person in your mirror). As the late, great James Brown once sang, "Don't start none, won't be none!"

And yes, I answered your question. If you need edification....your question is based on an erroneous premise of equal status in historical cases of discrimination against various groups in America, and how or are their reparations would proceed monetarily. I merely demonstrated those errors. If you still don't get it, then find a near by adult to explain it to you.

Got that now, chuckles? I hope so. Carry on.
I didn’t base my question on an erroneous premise of equal status. I’m quite in agreement that different groups have been oppressed and treated differently throughout our history. I’m not even suggesting that those groups receive the same amount of reparations. I’m simply asking if the OP and now you think that these other oppressed groups should also get reparations.
Then PLEASE RE-READ MY RESPONSE, as it clearly explains who already has gotten reparations, who shouldn't, and who are still fighting for theirs. If you get that and agree, then we have no quarrel and I stand corrected.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Michael Lee

Fair enough. Apologies for my misinterpretation. White women participated in racial abuses of blacks. They also m to prison, the Trenton 6, amd warried the men that oppressed them and benefitted from living the lifestyle. If they divorced those men, they got reparartions in the form of alimony or divorce settlements.

The problem here is that white women helped in the oppression of blacks. This must be considered when you ask such questions. Women of color did not marry racists or play into the racism. It was a white woman who lied to get Tulsa started. It was a white woman who lied to get the Omaha riots started. It was a white woman who lied to send the Scottsboro boys and the Trenton 6 to prison. It was a white woman who lied and got Emmitt Till murdered and who caused the death of Walter McMillan. I can go on about this. These are the things you must take into account when you ask such questions.
White womens involvement in racial discrimination is its own thing… but I don’t see what that has to do with the governments oppression of women unless you’re saying that poor behavior by an oppressed group in one area disqualifies them from reparations for systematic oppression . I don’t want to put words in your mouth so I’ll ask if that’s what you are saying??

Michael Lee

White womens involvement in racial discrimination is its own thing… but I don’t see what that has to do with the governments oppression of women unless you’re saying that poor behavior by an oppressed group in one area disqualifies them from reparations for systematic oppression . I don’t want to put words in your mouth so I’ll ask if that’s what you are saying??
What I am saying is that white women were active participants in systematic oppression and that must be taken into account. Do they deserve reparations? Those who did not actively help in the oppression of blacks do.

Michael Lee

What I am saying is that white women were active participants in systematic oppression and that must be taken into account. Do they deserve reparations? Those who did not actively help in the oppression of blacks do.
Fair enough, but regardless of whether they oppressed blacks they were still oppressed by our system. I have no clue how you measure whose ancestors oppressed who, but I’m pretty sure you can measure the financial impact that our systems oppression had on women throughout history. Does all that get dismissed or should it be addressed? I guess if your looking for women to atone for their part in oppressing blacks, that would be accounted for in the reparations package that blacks would receive, right?

Fair enough, but regardless of whether they oppressed blacks they were still oppressed by our system. I have no clue how you measure whose ancestors oppressed who, but I’m pretty sure you can measure the financial impact that our systems oppression had on women throughout history. Does all that get dismissed or should it be addressed? I guess if your looking for women to atone for their part in oppressing blacks, that would be accounted for in the reparations package that blacks would receive, right?
The reality of this argument is the fact that any reparations would be a case against the governmental that made the laws that created the violations. And this where whites always fail in discussing reparations. Blacks would not be seeking reparations against whites, it would be a case of X vs. the U.S. Women could make the same demands against the government.

The reality of this argument is the fact that any reparations would be a case against the governmental that made the laws that created the violations. And this where whites always fail in discussing reparations. Blacks would not be seeking reparations against whites, it would be a case of X vs. the U.S. Women could make the same demands against the government.
I agree, that’s why I’m asking if you think women should receive reparations from the government as well?

I agree, that’s why I’m asking if you think women should receive reparations from the government as well?
I think that is a complicated matter. Especially when you have women like Anne Coulter, Margerie Greene, Laura Ingraham and others like that who continue perpetuating the thimgs that make life difficult today for blacks. Furthermore white women have been the major beneficiary of government policies.

I think that is a complicated matter. Especially when you have women like Anne Coulter, Margerie Greene, Laura Ingraham and others like that who continue perpetuating the thimgs that make life difficult today for blacks. Furthermore white women have been the major beneficiary of government policies.
Right but like you said it isn’t about those women or even women in general it’s about what the system and the government did to oppress them in our past. You surely wouldn’t consider the Ben Carson Clarence Thomas arguments as credible to discredit reparations for blacks, right?

Right but like you said it isn’t about those women or even women in general it’s about what the system and the government did to oppress them in our past. You surely wouldn’t consider the Ben Carson Clarence Thomas arguments as credible to discredit reparations for blacks, right?
I would not but it isn't exactly the same argument and the government has provided financial assistance to help women who have been wronged. Personally I would not oppose it, but it gets old listening to and reading stuff from people trying tio make everything the same as what blacks have endured to derail conversations about reparations. I realize you're not doing that, just expressing my frustrations.

I'm 60 so I doubt it comes in my lifetime unless I live to be 90. But I do think that when the generation of AOC and those who are younger get to my age, reparations will be a probability.

I wish African Americans best luck!

Descendants of Russian Serfs got Reparations in 1918 and 1920 -- most of former nobles property!

I am proud of my great-grandparents who fought for and worked for Soviet Russia! We are Jewish -- we wanted to built a Society based on Equality and Freedom . Sadly in 1930s, USSR became Totalitarian and Jews were displaced.

Both of my parents' families of origin had a room in a communal apartments -- one room per family. Before 1917-18 these apartments belonged to Russian nobles.

• Thanks
But none of that happens to the degree you conflate. For example the drug trade is controlled by whites who do the majority of manufacturing and damn near all of the shipping and distribution. You don't want to mention that. I don't think blacks own the gun factories either. So when you can start looking at reality and not tryung to makes claims about blacks based on 1-2 percent of the black community let me know. Because there is evidence like this that exists:

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low self-concept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen (Bryant-Davis & Ocampo, 2005).”

That you don't read then you post drivel full of stereotyped idiocy.
Oh, so you believe whites forced blacks to buy guns and drugs?

Oh, so you believe whites forced blacks to buy guns and drugs?
Fact: the majority of illegal drug users in this country are identified as caucasian.
Fact: the majority of people jailed for illegal drug use are non-caucasian.
Fact: the majority of mass murderers by guns in the last 30 years are caucasian.
Fact: racial disparity in our justice system jails more non-white perpetrators for the same crime as their caucasian counterpart.

All of the above can be easily verifies with simple google searches.

• Love
Fact: the majority of illegal drug users in this country are identified as caucasian.
Fact: the majority of people jailed for illegal drug use are non-caucasian.
Fact: the majority of mass murderers by guns in the last 30 years are caucasian.
Fact: racial disparity in our justice system jails more non-white perpetrators for the same crime as their caucasian counterpart.

All of the above can be easily verifies with simple google searches.
Read the post I was replying to.

Michael Lee

1627350249279.png

I see Molly is posting the same stupid racist garbage.

Forum List

Back