Black America and Tipping Culture

Juicin

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2016
Ok I just listened to this fucking podcast. We have already solved the issue of why blacks get poor service in restaurants.

They don't tip well

If anyone black is reading this and wondering why. There you go. Your kin don't tip well. Just like I'm going to prefer a man to a woman because....Men tip better by a similar margin to whites and blacks.

And Republicans give better tips than democrats.

Ok I just listened to this fucking podcast. We have already solved the issue of why blacks get poor service in restaurants.

They don't tip well

If anyone black is reading this and wondering why. There you go. Your kin don't tip well. Just like I'm going to prefer a man to a woman because....Men tip better by a similar margin to whites and blacks.

Rich people suck at tipping also which is why gratuity in the uppity restaurants is mandatory and added to the check.

They don't tip well

Dems give you a tip alright............but it has nothing to do with money.

All jobs should not rely on tips. All jobs should be paid a set rate an hour.

Tipping is supposed to be an offered GRATUITY, NOT A STANDARDIZED PROTOCOL!!

You can give anybody a gratuity/tip if you feel they've impressed you with their skills.
It should not be a set part of how that person gets paid.

Well say goodbye to high end restaurants because you'll never get a competent server again

if you ask the people who make tips they almost always want them....

Most waiters make more than all the cooks/chefs in the back

I've read articles where cars, house payments, college tuition has been left as a gratuity/tip for customers impressed or empathetic to the employee.

Yea and the reason black America doesn't tip well is because they don't' understand what is expected. When asked they don't know how much whites leave

Rich people of all colors know what is expected

Well say goodbye to high end restaurants because you'll never get a competent server again

if you ask the people who make tips they almost always want them....

Most waiters make more than all the cooks/chefs in the back

No. The wait staff will just make MORE money if they know they do it to impress. Making an hourly wage just guarantees they will be able to pay their basic bills every month.

Rich people suck at tipping also which is why gratuity in the uppity restaurants is mandatory and added to the check.

Tips in "uppity restaurants" are added in the same manner as they are in the Denny's restaurants you frequent: it's customary to add a gratuity for large parties. I eat in some rather high end restaurants regularly, and have never had a tip automatically added for just my girlfriend and me.

Oh, and another thing about those added tips: You don't have to pay them. They're completely voluntary. Most folks don't understand that, though, so they don't question it. I've refused to pay them a couple of times after shitty service and, as much as the waiter demanded I pay it, the restaurant manager felt otherwise.

I'm probably what many here would consider "rich". For good service, I customarily tip between 25 and 30%...

Tips in "uppity restaurants" are added in the same manner as they are in the Denny's restaurants you frequent: it's customary to add a gratuity for large parties. I eat in some rather high end restaurants regularly, and have never had a tip automatically added for just my girlfriend and me.

Oh, and another thing about those added tips: You don't have to pay them. They're completely voluntary. Most folks don't understand that, though, so they don't question it. I've refused to pay them a couple of times after shitty service and, as much as the waiter demanded I pay it, the restaurant manager felt otherwise.

I'm probably what many here would consider "rich". For good service, I customarily tip between 25 and 30%...
Denny's doesn't force people to tip.

Then you have not been to a rest. for only the well-off.

Blacks and old ladies are the worst tippers...ask any waiter or waitress when they see a big table full of old woman they know the tab will have to be split and the tip will be about 5%....

They don't tip well

Since the pandemic started---I have got to say that I have seen some of the worse servers EVER (except one in a mississippi waffle house years ago)----

What really got my goat, was we went to the local BBq place and ate out about 6 weeks ago---Service was awful---it took over an 1 hour to get the food after it took about 45 minutes just to take our order, the waitress really didn't work, and we never got refills etc.....It's the hard to find workers time, so I get it.

But what was really bad was that they (the waitress herself) added a service fee to the Bill that we were expected to pay on top of her TIP... We haven't been back since...

Nope, because I have first-hand experience working in these joints during college and you deny my declaration from fact, not fiction.

I have first hand experience dining in them.

But, okay, I'll spoon-feed you.

I made the comment "I've been to restaurants where the dinner bill is equal to your mortgage payment". The point was that I've been to some extraordinarily expensive restaurants. It speaks volumes about your intelligence that you were unable to figure that out.

Ultra high end restaurants, like just about every other restaurant in the English speaking world, will add a gratuity for larger parties. I've never seen it done when it's just one or two couples dining. Not ever. Not once. I've dined in restaurants which run the full gamut of quality, from Drake's Bistro in St. Augustine (amazing sandwiches if you ever happen to be in town) to Mastro's in Manhattan, and I've never, ever seen it done.

It doesn't happen...

Forum List

Back