Birx May Replace Fauci as Conronavirus Spokesperson

He didn't predict millions of deaths. He estimated when asked about 100k-200k.

Is he supposed to lie and say 5k?

So far the spread rate of the virus and death rate of victims shows a deep discrepancy to support 200k deaths.

To me it was complete nonsense to announce such a prediction.

It was better for him to say "he can't know the answer at this time" -something which really is the truth, rather than saying a number which is not supported by now by the current number of deaths here in the US and from each affected country of the world.

So far the spread rate of the virus and death rate of victims shows a deep discrepancy to support 200k deaths.

What are you basing that on?

To me it was complete nonsense to announce such a prediction.

It was better for him to say "he can't know the answer at this time" -something which really is the truth, rather than saying a number which is not supported by now by the current number of deaths here in the US and from each affected country of the world.

I prefer to know what he thinks.

Yep, she will say whatever Trump tells her to say and will never question it...not even once.

That is who we need right now...someone that will lie for the president to the American people

We cannot let the truth get out

How do you know he's telling the truth? At a time like this, you don't tell the American people that it's possible 100,000 Americans could die. That's the last thing we need. If he has some factual evidence of something, that's fine. But he should keep his defeatist predictions to himself.

I agree with this. Further scaring the living shit out of society accomplishes nothing. I’m not for rose colored sunglasses, but there is no utility to making these predictions.

It's less that it accomplishes nothing than it is making things worse. I think putting the country into a bogus panic will do exactly that.

Yep, she will say whatever Trump tells her to say and will never question it...not even once.

That is who we need right now...someone that will lie for the president to the American people

How do you know he's telling the truth? At a time like this, you don't tell the American people that it's possible 100,000 Americans could die. That's the last thing we need. If he has some factual evidence of something, that's fine. But he should keep his defeatist predictions to himself.

Hell...that is just crazy talk.

As soon as some one's view departs from Trump - all of a sudden that person's credibility is put into question (but not Trump's). I've never seen anything like this.

Fauci is a scientist and a doctor who has served under multiple administrations. He is not political. Why on earth would he make something up?

Isn't truth important to you guys? How can you prepare for something if you are forbidden from broaching it?

So we prepare for it how, by expecting the worst? By getting people so upset they run to the store and buy every last package of toilet paper we can get our hands on? By making sure we have at least 50 cans of spaghetti on hand just in case?

We have enough panic in our country right now in case you didn't notice. I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th, and I don't need somebody telling me to prepare for an unavoidable death either.
Good thing Fauci never said that, another sign of his good judgment. Equally good you do not need someone saying thing will be back to normal by april 20, because it won't be. I am glad you and I are not the panicky type. People like us sleep well, without being morbidly obsessed with reality and I doubt we are singularly level headed as opposed to most of the people we know. Fauci is perfect for the job he is doing. No need to change.

He didn't say that? Better check with CNN.

You wrote "I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th,"
I am correct in my statement. Fauci never said things will be back to normal by April 20th. He's a very sensible man.
Trump just said in closing today's briefing "A lot of people are dying and it's a very unpleasant thing to go through". I think he is starting to understand.

No, I was speaking about Fauci and you knew that, but probably didn't know he recently said it. Saying millions are going to get sick and hundreds of thousands might die is adding to the fear factor. Nobody knows how this will end. We don't know when a vaccine will be ready, we don't know how the season change may affect it, we don't know if it will go away and never come back, or if it will reappear in the future, we just don't know. So it's irresponsible to make predictions at this point.
I was responding to you editorial support for changing from Fauci to Birx and directly quoting you. I actually did not read the link. I totally agree with everything you just stated in you response, but seriously I wasn't consciously ignoring a Fauci quote. I too think a prediction of millions of deaths an over the top fear mongering prediction. If you say it is a quote, I'll look at it and bitch about it with ya.

How about if he just says the truth, which is he doesn't know.

He gave an estimate, he made it quite clear that's all it was. Calm down already, if you don't like the truth then go read Art of the Deal. The rest of us want to hear from Fauci.

And the others don't. Estimates are okay when predicting elections, predicting super bowl winners, predicting the best movie of the year. Estimates on death is not okay.

As a top infectious disease doctor, people take his word as Gospel. Now if he has something factual, that's fine that he informs us. But if he's making guesstimates, that can be extremely harmful to the country.

As soon as some one's view departs from Trump - all of a sudden that person's credibility is put into question (but not Trump's). I've never seen anything like this.

Fauci is a scientist and a doctor who has served under multiple administrations. He is not political. Why on earth would he make something up?

Isn't truth important to you guys? How can you prepare for something if you are forbidden from broaching it?

So we prepare for it how, by expecting the worst? By getting people so upset they run to the store and buy every last package of toilet paper we can get our hands on? By making sure we have at least 50 cans of spaghetti on hand just in case?

We have enough panic in our country right now in case you didn't notice. I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th, and I don't need somebody telling me to prepare for an unavoidable death either.
Good thing Fauci never said that, another sign of his good judgment. Equally good you do not need someone saying thing will be back to normal by april 20, because it won't be. I am glad you and I are not the panicky type. People like us sleep well, without being morbidly obsessed with reality and I doubt we are singularly level headed as opposed to most of the people we know. Fauci is perfect for the job he is doing. No need to change.

You wrote "I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th,"
I am correct in my statement. Fauci never said things will be back to normal by April 20th. He's a very sensible man.
Trump just said in closing today's briefing "A lot of people are dying and it's a very unpleasant thing to go through". I think he is starting to understand.

No, I was speaking about Fauci and you knew that, but probably didn't know he recently said it. Saying millions are going to get sick and hundreds of thousands might die is adding to the fear factor. Nobody knows how this will end. We don't know when a vaccine will be ready, we don't know how the season change may affect it, we don't know if it will go away and never come back, or if it will reappear in the future, we just don't know. So it's irresponsible to make predictions at this point.
I was responding to you editorial support for changing from Fauci to Birx and directly quoting you. I actually did not read the link. I totally agree with everything you just stated in you response, but seriously I wasn't consciously ignoring a Fauci quote. I too think a prediction of millions of deaths an over the top fear mongering prediction. If you say it is a quote, I'll look at it and bitch about it with ya.

He gave an estimate, he made it quite clear that's all it was. Calm down already, if you don't like the truth then go read Art of the Deal. The rest of us want to hear from Fauci.

And the others don't. Estimates are okay when predicting elections, predicting super bowl winners, predicting the best movie of the year. Estimates on death is not okay.

Actually what you just said there, stupid.

Of course you go with the information you have knowing that things may change for better or worse in the future. Much better than claiming we had 15 cases and soon they will be gone which was based on absolutely zero info. Why are you not holding Trump up to your standard?

As a top infectious disease doctor, people take his word as Gospel. Now if he has something factual, that's fine that he informs us. But if he's making guesstimates, that can be extremely harmful to the country.

Like when Trump made guesstimates except he used information he pulled out of his ass, somehow that's OK with you? Sorry, I'd much rather take the opinion of someone who is an expert in the field and looks at the data and gives an estimate all the while clarifying that's all it is.

Jesus Christ, another fucking hypocrite for Trump.

“When you have 15, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Yeah, humdinger of a job, asshole.

Last edited:

It never fails to amaze me how the right quickly turn to Stalinesque methodology when the shit hits the fan. "Sensor him because he's not towing the party line!!!"
Unbelievable. You - and not just you, but the rest of the righties on this board - are just the epitome of what you claim to despise. But this is why the neocon deporables have to be fought tooth and nail. You'd all have us under the yoke of totalitarianism in the blink of an eye...

Last edited:

Actually, they are not guesstimates. They are based on modelling. Isn't it ironic, the Scum in Chief can spend the past 3.5 years making outrageous claim after outrageous claim that have easily been proven false (his inauguration crowd numbers for a start), but then you get an EXPERT in their field giving out carefully thought out figures and you want him censored.

What is dangerous - very dangerous - is a layman like you claiming his figures are alarmist. He's in reality. LOOK at the figures in Italy and Spain...go on...LOOK RAY...nothing alarming about them, right?

I agree with this. Further scaring the living shit out of society accomplishes nothing. I’m not for rose colored sunglasses, but there is no utility to making these predictions.
What's the "utility" in telling the public that we'd be able to "open up the country" by Easter!?!?

Her job is to reassure the public. Incase no one noticed, all the cable TV networks are 100% invested in scaring the shit out of everyone. Brix deals in facts and doesn't present them in a manner that causes panic. Faucci needs to go back to the lab or wherever. He would likely do way mor good there.
Eet mor chik3n.

It's less that it accomplishes nothing than it is making things worse. I think putting the country into a bogus panic will do exactly that.
Why do you use the term "bogus?"

Are you running around high-fiving and hugging people at this time, or are you in your bunker cowering?

Actually, they are not guesstimates. They are based on modelling. Isn't it ironic, the Scum in Chief can spend the past 3.5 years making outrageous claim after outrageous claim that have easily been proven false (his inauguration crowd numbers for a start), but then you get an EXPERT in their field giving out carefully thought out figures and you want him censored.

What is dangerous - very dangerous - is a layman like you claiming his figures are alarmist. He's in reality. LOOK at the figures in Italy and Spain...go on...LOOK RAY...nothing alarming about them, right?

We are not Italy. In Italy, they brought in over 100,000 Chinese immigrants to produce products; many from Wuhan. Those workers flew back and forth from China while the country was aware of the problem. Europeans in general support their country and workers. Made In China labels are not impressive to European consumers. Made In Italy is.

What carefully thought out figures did he use BTW? By his own admission, he said don't hold him to his word!

Why do you use the term "bogus?"

Are you running around high-fiving and hugging people at this time, or are you in your bunker cowering?

Only you commies cower. Bogus in telling people this is the end of the Fn world. The prediction of "millions" of infected people, and hundreds of thousands of Americans dying. Those bogus figures.

Only you commies cower. Bogus in telling people this is the end of the Fn world. The prediction of "millions" of infected people, and hundreds of thousands of Americans dying. Those bogus figures.
I haven't seen one person say, or suggest that this is the end of the world.

Your panties must be wound tight and deep up in there.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Of course you go with the information you have knowing that things may change for better or worse in the future. Much better than claiming we had 15 cases and soon they will be gone which was based on absolutely zero info. Why are you not holding Trump up to your standard?

Like when Trump made guesstimates except he used information he pulled out of his ass, somehow that's OK with you? Sorry, I'd much rather take the opinion of someone who is an expert in the field and looks at the data and gives an estimate all the while clarifying that's all it is.

“When you have 15, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

And didn't your hero, Cuomo, say just about the same thing? Now he's begging for ventilators, and has nearly 1/3 of all the cases in the entire country.

Making an unfounded prediction like hundreds of thousands dead Americans is the end of the world to a lot of people. So are "millions" of infected people.

Making an unfounded prediction like hundreds of thousands dead Americans is the end of the world to a lot of people. So are "millions" of infected people.
To a lot of dunces, sure, but to people w/an ounce of SENSE, it communicates the seriousness of the hour and makes them aware to follow the directives of the health professionals.

We are not Italy. In Italy, they brought in over 100,000 Chinese immigrants to produce products; many from Wuhan. Those workers flew back and forth from China while the country was aware of the problem. Europeans in general support their country and workers. Made In China labels are not impressive to European consumers. Made In Italy is.

What carefully thought out figures did he use BTW? By his own admission, he said don't hold him to his word!

Huh? What the fuck does you not being Italy have to do with anything? You are getting more cases exponentially than any other country. You are literally going to have millions of cases. Deaths? Hmmm..who knows. Of course you can't hold him to his word. He said it was a worst case scenario. You want him to mollycoddle you?

And didn't your hero, Cuomo, say just about the same thing? Now he's begging for ventilators, and has nearly 1/3 of all the cases in the entire country.

No, I don't believe Cuomo said anything pretending this isn't a serious situation we're in. But I see you're unable to follow your own argument.

So, I'll ask again. Why is it OK for Trump to make predictions without evidence but it's not OK for Fauci to make estimations based on current evidence? Have an answer for that?

Heck, Fauci could be easily be right. I only say, he did not need to quantify it for the public today, since Trump has backed off the early openings and rosy sunshine blowing up my ass talk for his base. Did you see where Falwell reopened Liberty University and now they have right wing religious kids coming down with Coronavirus at the school now?

New Topics

Forum List

Back