Birx May Replace Fauci as Conronavirus Spokesperson

"We don't hire smart people and tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell US what to do."
Steve Jobs

Trump has the temperament of a child, afraid to be challenged by smart, experienced people with different opinions. What a terrible, dangerous time in this country's history.

Yep, she will say whatever Trump tells her to say and will never question it...not even once.

That is who we need right now...someone that will lie for the president to the American people

We cannot let the truth get out

How do you know he's telling the truth? At a time like this, you don't tell the American people that it's possible 100,000 Americans could die. That's the last thing we need. If he has some factual evidence of something, that's fine. But he should keep his defeatist predictions to himself.

Hell...that is just crazy talk.

As soon as some one's view departs from Trump - all of a sudden that person's credibility is put into question (but not Trump's). I've never seen anything like this.

Fauci is a scientist and a doctor who has served under multiple administrations. He is not political. Why on earth would he make something up?

Isn't truth important to you guys? How can you prepare for something if you are forbidden from broaching it?

So we prepare for it how, by expecting the worst? By getting people so upset they run to the store and buy every last package of toilet paper we can get our hands on? By making sure we have at least 50 cans of spaghetti on hand just in case?

We have enough panic in our country right now in case you didn't notice. I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th, and I don't need somebody telling me to prepare for an unavoidable death either.
Good thing Fauci never said that, another sign of his good judgment. Equally good you do not need someone saying thing will be back to normal by april 20, because it won't be. I am glad you and I are not the panicky type. People like us sleep well, without being morbidly obsessed with reality and I doubt we are singularly level headed as opposed to most of the people we know. Fauci is perfect for the job he is doing. No need to change.

Yep, she will say whatever Trump tells her to say and will never question it...not even once.

That is who we need right now...someone that will lie for the president to the American people

How do you know he's telling the truth? At a time like this, you don't tell the American people that it's possible 100,000 Americans could die. That's the last thing we need. If he has some factual evidence of something, that's fine. But he should keep his defeatist predictions to himself.

Someone needs to counter balance the sunshine and rainbows bullshit coming from Trump.

So we need somebody to spread panic while Trump is trying to calm people down? Are the shelves at your grocery store not empty enough or something?
If people don’t think there is a serious risk posed by COVID, are they likely to comply with unprecedented and costly restrictions?

Fauci has stepped over the line one too many times. Birx appears to be the perfect replacement.

---Birx skillfully plays the inside game in coordinating the coronavirus response---

Explain how Dr. Fauci "stepped over the line?"

Do you see how the Dunce-in-Chief has just now come around to what Dr. Fauci's EXPERT advice was?

Someone needs to counter balance the sunshine and rainbows bullshit coming from Trump.

So we need somebody to spread panic while Trump is trying to calm people down? Are the shelves at your grocery store not empty enough or something?
If people don’t think there is a serious risk posed by COVID, are they likely to comply with unprecedented and costly restrictions?

That has nothing to do with it. My only point is that this guy is trying to spread panic, and that's not what President Trump needs right now. It doesn't mean to be careless, or loosen social restrictions, it simply means don't let the top medical guy tell people hundreds of thousands of us are going to die.

As soon as some one's view departs from Trump - all of a sudden that person's credibility is put into question (but not Trump's). I've never seen anything like this.

Fauci is a scientist and a doctor who has served under multiple administrations. He is not political. Why on earth would he make something up?

Isn't truth important to you guys? How can you prepare for something if you are forbidden from broaching it?

So we prepare for it how, by expecting the worst? By getting people so upset they run to the store and buy every last package of toilet paper we can get our hands on? By making sure we have at least 50 cans of spaghetti on hand just in case?

We have enough panic in our country right now in case you didn't notice. I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th, and I don't need somebody telling me to prepare for an unavoidable death either.
Good thing Fauci never said that, another sign of his good judgment. Equally good you do not need someone saying thing will be back to normal by april 20, because it won't be. I am glad you and I are not the panicky type. People like us sleep well, without being morbidly obsessed with reality and I doubt we are singularly level headed as opposed to most of the people we know. Fauci is perfect for the job he is doing. No need to change.

He didn't say that? Better check with CNN.

That has nothing to do with it. My only point is that this guy is trying to spread panic, and that's not what President Trump needs right now. It doesn't mean to be careless, or loosen social restrictions, it simply means don't let the top medical guy tell people hundreds of thousands of us are going to die.

It has everything to do with it. People need to know what’s at stake when you ask them to sacrifice. Otherwise why would they do it?

In my opinion it would be a good idea to replace that character Fauci :mad: ....with Dr. Birx. I like her!

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

You wrote "I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th,"
I am correct in my statement. Fauci never said things will be back to normal by April 20th. He's a very sensible man.
Trump just said in closing today's briefing "A lot of people are dying and it's a very unpleasant thing to go through". I think he is starting to understand.

Both of them just spoke..........both did a good job.

This is a WAPO article................They are good for only one thing....COMPOST.

You wrote "I don't need somebody telling me things will be totally back to normal by April 20th,"
I am correct in my statement. Fauci never said things will be back to normal by April 20th. He's a very sensible man.
Trump just said in closing today's briefing "A lot of people are dying and it's a very unpleasant thing to go through". I think he is starting to understand.

No, I was speaking about Fauci and you knew that, but probably didn't know he recently said it. Saying millions are going to get sick and hundreds of thousands might die is adding to the fear factor. Nobody knows how this will end. We don't know when a vaccine will be ready, we don't know how the season change may affect it, we don't know if it will go away and never come back, or if it will reappear in the future, we just don't know. So it's irresponsible to make predictions at this point.

It has everything to do with it. People need to know what’s at stake when you ask them to sacrifice. Otherwise why would they do it?

In many places they have no choice, that's why. Here in my state, they closed bars down. They closed dining rooms in restaurants. They closed down dentist offices except for emergencies. All non-essential businesses were ordered to close. So like I said, people have no choice.

We do know what's at stake and have for some time now. But that doesn't mean somebody needs to get on television and make it sound like a huge asteroid ten times the size of our plant is on course to hit us. We can maintain caution in a cool, calm, and collective way.

• Funny
We do know what's at stake and have for some time now. But that doesn't mean somebody needs to get on television and make it sound like a huge asteroid ten times the size of our plant is on course to hit us. We can maintain caution in a cool, calm, and collective way.
Instead of using hyperbole. Yes, we could do that.

Fauci has stepped over the line one too many times. Birx appears to be the perfect replacement.

---Birx skillfully plays the inside game in coordinating the coronavirus response---

She is better at it then Faucci for sure. Faucci wants to be a rock star. Brix is a doctor.

• Funny

Forum List

Back