bin Laden was unarmed?

We don't send men in to kill the unarmed.

We are not executioners.

So put a gun in his hands....and kill him.

I understand your want for vengeance, I really do. My best mans wife just got lucky.

But

We are not like those people, we don't intentionally kill unarmed men, women and children b/c we hate them.

We are supposed to be above that.

I hate to tell you..... we do it all the time.

Vengeance would have been pumping his body full of pork fat, wrapping his body in a pig skin and putting his sorry ass up for a public showing.

Let me expand on my previous post:

You don't put on a condom unless you are going to fuck.

And you don't put send special operations into an hostile territory after public enemy numero uno to capture him alive.

We are not executioners.

It wasn't an execution. He wasn't in custody when he was killed. It was arguably an assassination, but it still happened on the battlefield.

I don't really see the need to nuance here. Anymore than I would blame somebody for smothering baby Hitler in his crib.

Some people just deserve to die.

thats all well an good and considering both of our backgrounds, we agree, BUT, lets not pretend that this is not some new love for killing folks that need killing. what was bad is now ho hum or acceptable.

1 admin. had to fight to the SC and lose ala extending habeus corpus to non citizens who were in all likelihood terrorists, yet now we JDAM amercian citizens and nary a word is heard, in fact Harold Koh twsited himself into a virtual semantic pretzel justifying that killing while he railed against bush for lesser evils and my point being he is far from alone.

and hey whatever happened to - collateral damage? ;)

really, then what is their job?is it to take out the enemy, or let our enemies live in relative safety?

Ya know how the left likes to mention that unarmed civilians get killed?

guess what?

You never get to complain about that ever again. If obl was unarmed, he doesn't get killed, he gets captured.

What if he was sitting in one of his caves all nice an unarmed..... do we not drop the bomb on the cave? I am pretty sure we blew the hell out of a few mountains trying to do just that.

Armed or unarmed..... i really don't care.... shoot to kill.
The bomb can't look at him and tell, the men could.

You know..............if OBL wasn't killed, can you imagine the amount of attacks that would come to the US and our allies if he was held in GTMO?

Navy SEAL book excerpts claim bin Laden was unarmed | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Bin Laden had in his room on a shelf above the door an AK-47 and a Makarov pistol. But they were both empty.

"He had no intention of fighting," Owen writes.

W T H

The official story was, as I recall;

He used a wife as a shield, tossed her at the SEALS, they shot her in the leg, then emptied on obl as he attempted to shoot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad obl is dead. BUT our Vets are not to be used as death squads.

I sincerely hope that this is some vast hoax being pulled off by a fake SEAL and not a real one that has broken the code.

You know..........if a person has a security clearance in the military, one of the pieces of paper that they have to sign on the way out, whether they're retiring or being discharged, is a Privacy Act form that states you will NOT talk about the classified things you did in the military for a certain amount of time (7-10 years usually).

Considering Bin Laden was killed only a year and a half ago, this dude clearly violated that agreement.

Fuck him...............I hope he goes to jail.

I was on Subs. When I'm 115, I can talk about a certain North Atlantic deployment, so I'm gunna guess he signed for more than 10 years

but yeah

Fuck him

guess what?

You never get to complain about that ever again. If obl was unarmed, he doesn't get killed, he gets captured.

What if he was sitting in one of his caves all nice an unarmed..... do we not drop the bomb on the cave? I am pretty sure we blew the hell out of a few mountains trying to do just that.

Really? There are other ways to "arm" yourself without it being a weapon in your hand. How did they know for sure he wasn't wearing explosives and all he had to do was raise his arms to detonate?

really, then what is their job?is it to take out the enemy, or let our enemies live in relative safety?

guess what?

He should have armed himself....................

Guess he had a higher opinion of our men than most on here do.

if this is true, he actually thought we would take him alive.

sorry, just had a big grin, thinking about him in GITMO getting put too the question

We are not executioners.

It wasn't an execution. He wasn't in custody when he was killed. It was arguably an assassination, but it still happened on the battlefield.

I don't really see the need to nuance here. Anymore than I would blame somebody for smothering baby Hitler in his crib.

Some people just deserve to die.

thats all well an good and considering both of our backgrounds, we agree, BUT, lets not pretend that this is not some new love for killing folks that need killing. what was bad is now ho hum or acceptable.

1 admin. had to fight to the SC and lose ala extending habeus corpus to non citizens who were in all likelihood terrorists, yet now we JDAM amercian citizens and nary a word is heard, in fact Harold Koh twsited himself into a virtual semantic pretzel justifying that killing while he railed against bush for lesser evils and my point being he is far from alone.

and hey whatever happened to - collateral damage? ;)

The woman in the room wasn't killed.

Something stinks about this.

If he wasn't armed, wouldn't she have said so?

hmm

Really? There are other ways to "arm" yourself without it being a weapon in your hand. How did they know for sure he wasn't wearing explosives and all he had to do was raise his arms to detonate?

The woman in the room lived.

We we after the woman in the room? lol.

But.... if it had been me there in the position to kill them or capture them.... no one would have come out alive. Armed or unarmed.

I personally think if they had the chance to capture him then they should have taken him into custody.

Having said that, I don't really know what the exact moment was like, since I wasn't there...maybe he was visibly unarmed, but he reacted in a way that led the SEALs to think he was a threat.

Let me expand on my previous post:

You don't put on a condom unless you are going to fuck.

And you don't put send special operations into an hostile territory after public enemy numero uno to capture him alive.

We are not executioners.

Yes we are, and Mr Obama owns it.
His decision, his action, his choice.
Liberals have to decide if that is the type of president they want.

I want the guy who gets the asshole who ordered several thousand people die for no other reason then he's somehow "pissed" that the Saudis asked America to defend them against Iraq.

And that's what we got.

Bin Laden signed his death warrant in American Blood.

We are not like those people, we don't intentionally kill unarmed men, women and children b/c we hate them.

We are supposed to be above that.

Why do you think the story was changed? The truth is a lot less heroic sounding.

We we after the woman in the room? lol.

But.... if it had been me there in the position to kill them or capture them.... no one would have come out alive. Armed or unarmed.

The Bin Laden problem was not one of the "Law Enforcement" type.

I personally think if they had the chance to capture him then they should have taken him into custody.

Having said that, I don't really know what the exact moment was like, since I wasn't there...maybe he was visibly unarmed, but he reacted in a way that led the SEALs to think he was a threat.

Realistically? There's no way that OBL could have been taken alive.

If we did, and put him up in GITMO, there would be reactions from the terrorists like you'd never seen before, anything from suicide bombings to other full scale attacks.

Never mind how much extra danger would be presented to troops serving overseas.

Forum List

Back