Billy Graham Likens America to Sodom & Gomorrah

If this was part of a sermon given in 1962 then it shows that we have not changed course since then. We are even more wicked and even more deserving of God's wrath.

In 1965 Paul Harvey read an essay "If I were the Devil". That essay is more true today than it was in 1965.

We're likely on par with Sodom and Gomorrah. Judgment day is just around the corner. Not enough Christians left to turn the tide without the supernatural presence of God. But our future (the world's future) has already been written down in the annals of Prophetic history. So, instead of praying that the tide be turned it's much better to pray that "God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

America, and the world hasn't seen nothing yet until the pretrib rapture and the AC being revealed.

People have been saying that for almost 2,000 years. In fact, I'm sure they were saying that before that time. So far, they've all been wrong and they continue to be so.

2that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles. 3Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." (2 Peter 3:3)

If this was part of a sermon given in 1962 then it shows that we have not changed course since then. We are even more wicked and even more deserving of God's wrath.

In 1965 Paul Harvey read an essay "If I were the Devil". That essay is more true today than it was in 1965.

We're likely on par with Sodom and Gomorrah. Judgment day is just around the corner. Not enough Christians left to turn the tide without the supernatural presence of God. But our future (the world's future) has already been written down in the annals of Prophetic history. So, instead of praying that the tide be turned it's much better to pray that "God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

America, and the world hasn't seen nothing yet until the pretrib rapture and the AC being revealed.

True. Persecution towards humankind and Christians in particular will be horrendous when AC is revealed - that "son of perdition."

Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 state that there would be a people who "call themselves Israel but are not."

Sounds an awful lot like Christians who claim to have replaced Israel with a new covenant even though they can't even get the notion of one God right.

Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 state that there would be a people who "call themselves Israel but are not."

Sounds an awful lot like Christians who claim to have replaced Israel with a new covenant even though they can't even get the notion of one God right.

Israel wasn't replaced ... the Covenant was. The Old Covenant was conditional. Israel failed to live up to the conditions. God divorced them but promised that he would make a New Covenant with them. See Hebrews 8:8 and Jeremiah 31:31.

True. Persecution towards humankind and Christians in particular will be horrendous when AC is revealed - that "son of perdition."

What persecution towards humankind could ever be worse than the persecution towards humankind already perpetrated for the past 1700 years in the name of a false roman triune god made man made matzo made by human hands, a false counterfeit Jesus first unleashed on the nations of the world in 325 c.e., you know, the false substitute Jesus, also known as the antichrist, whose signature both you and Billy Graham proudly wear on your forehead like a giant black thumbprint?

Last edited:
I'm not generally a Billy Graham kind of Christian but I have to agree with him fully on this issue and some of the statements he made concerning it. He's calling for Christian prayer to minimize God's wrath on this wicked nation. Although I do believe in prayer there's a part of me that believes that God's wrath is exactly what this nation needs to get her back on track and focused in the right direction.

Rev. Billy Graham: ‘America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah Ever Were’
... America was “founded by men who believed in prayer” and that prayer can turn “the tide of history,” adding that while “America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah” and deserves “the judgment of God,” this judgment can be lessened through prayer.
“Even though America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were, and as deserving of the judgment of God, God would spare us if we were earnestly praying, with hearts that had been cleansed and washed by the blood of Christ,” said Rev. Graham in his commentary for Decision magazine, published by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

“The problems of the world will never be settled unless our national leaders go to God in prayer,” he said. “If only they would discover the power and wisdom that there is in reliance upon God, we could soon see the solution to the grave problems that face the world!”
Rev. Billy Graham America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah Ever Were CNS News

Every Christian society in every generation since the Sodom & Gomorrah story was written has compared their generation to that generation and they've all thought the end was near. Eventually they'll be right but for all the wrong reasons. It won't be Jesus it'll be a Meteor or Global Warming or a man made Nuke.

I'm not generally a Billy Graham kind of Christian but I have to agree with him fully on this issue and some of the statements he made concerning it. He's calling for Christian prayer to minimize God's wrath on this wicked nation. Although I do believe in prayer there's a part of me that believes that God's wrath is exactly what this nation needs to get her back on track and focused in the right direction.

... America was “founded by men who believed in prayer” and that prayer can turn “the tide of history,” adding that while “America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah” and deserves “the judgment of God,” this judgment can be lessened through prayer.
“Even though America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were, and as deserving of the judgment of God, God would spare us if we were earnestly praying, with hearts that had been cleansed and washed by the blood of Christ,” said Rev. Graham in his commentary for Decision magazine, published by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

“The problems of the world will never be settled unless our national leaders go to God in prayer,” he said. “If only they would discover the power and wisdom that there is in reliance upon God, we could soon see the solution to the grave problems that face the world!”
Rev. Billy Graham America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah Ever Were CNS News

Every Christian society in every generation since the Sodom & Gomorrah story was written has compared their generation to that generation and they've all thought the end was near. Eventually they'll be right but for all the wrong reasons. It won't be Jesus it'll be a Meteor or Global Warming or a man made Nuke.

I can't think of a "Christian" nation to date that turned away from God in like manner as what history says about S&G. But none of that matters. The Bible already tells us that the next cleansing will be "as it was in the days of Noah" and that day is described in pretty good detail in Matthew 13:38-43. It coincides with the description of Judgment day found in the book of Revelation. These events are promised. You ought to read about it and repent of your sin before it's too late. You still have a choice.

I can't think of a "Christian" nation to date that turned away from God in like manner as what history says about S&G. But none of that matters. The Bible already tells us that the next cleansing will be "as it was in the days of Noah" and that day is described in pretty good detail in Matthew 13:38-43. It coincides with the description of Judgment day found in the book of Revelation. These events are promised. You ought to read about it and repent of your sin before it's too late. You still have a choice.

Are you kidding me? Gay marriage? Abortion? Have you seen the number of young people who are no longer religious? It use to be mostly in the NE but now it is also the NW and I'm sure everywhere other than the bible belt theist numbers are declining.

And a lot of your new "theists" are Muslims coming over from the Middle East. Do they need to convert to Christianity? They say you need to convert to their way of thinking. I think you are both nuts.

And we aren't a Christian nation. We are a secular society filled with Jews, Muslims, Christians & Atheists. The perfect nation. We are an example to the rest of the world that blacks and whites can live together. Muslims and Christians & Atheists can live together.

Never before in history has a society allowed so many different points of view to be represented. This is the future!

I have a better prophecy than the bibles and mine will probably come true first. It will have nothing to do with god or gays or sin, other than the sin of global warming and putting all our garbage in the oceans. Humans are going to disappear one day from this planet and this planet and all the other animals left will be much better off without us. We are the scum of this planet. No other animal on this planet is destroying the planet. And that tells me that if God made us, he is a major fuck up. Why didn't he just create the planet without man? It would still be like the Garden of Edin? So if anything we are gods mistake. Stop that wishful thinking that he has a heaven waiting for you. Heaven is here and now if you would stop being so scared and miserable.

Matthew 13:38-43English Standard Version (ESV)
38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Seems very vague to me.

Forum List

Back