Bill O'Reilly's Golden Payout From Fox is an Outrage

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
(CNN) Bill O'Reilly is reportedly walking away with tens of millions of dollars. How insulting. After being accused of habitual sexual harassment and other lewd acts, causing him and his employer, Fox News, to pay out $13 million in settlements; after costing the network millions when advertisers fled his show; after finally being fired from his job after years — he leaves with a golden payout.

Don't think for one second his firing is a win for women in the workplace. It is far from that.

Had a New York Times story earlier this month not exposed reports of the toxic culture at the network that tolerated and enabled his alleged behavior for years, Fox would likely have kept silencing any women who complained.

Even O'Reilly's book publisher at MacMillian (The Holt List), is standing with the fallen network host, perhaps hoping to cash in on Bill's misogynist ways. He has a new book in the works; it's planned for September.

It seems Fox has a clear corporate strategy in place: reward men who intimidate, berate and harass women at work. Silence the women at all costs. And, no matter what, do not hurt profits. O'Reilly's show reportedly brought in $200 million for Fox. Still, most analysts predict profits won't be hurt much by O'Reilly's ouster.

How do we know about this Fox strategy? We saw it played out last summer, too, when another alleged top predator, former Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, was forced out amid accusations of sexual harassment. Anchor Gretchen Carlson got $20 million. Ailes' "exit package" from Fox was about $40 million. When a corporate culture is toxic you can bet it starts at the top.

So, when the spotlight shifted to O'Reilly, who reportedly was making $18- to $20-million a year as the host of "The O'Reilly Factor," it was not shocking. Fox likely got a clue that it had to act, since the allegations have kept coming. Only a few days ago, a black woman who was a clerical worker at the network in 2008, alleged she was intimidated by O'Reilly for years.

O'Reilly would come by her desk, leer at the woman and call her "hot chocolate," she alleged. She was scared, her attorney, Lisa Bloom, told the Hollywood Reporter. Bloom, who helped the woman report the harassment to the Fox network's hot line, says her client is not seeking monetary damages.

Rest here: Bill O'Reilly's golden payout from Fox is an outrage - CNN.com
------------------------------------

Rewarding sexual assaulters, it's the conservative way! Republican shitbags rewarded Trump's sexual assault with a presidential win, Fox rewards Bill-O the clown with tens of millions of dollars. Gotta love those Repubican "family values."

This is your weekly reminder to never, EVER vote Republican.

Oh, and before I forget, "But Bill Clintoooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!"

He is under contract. There also isn't any proof he did those things. Therefore, they cant just fire him without paying him off. He has been the number one for show for many years. Ranks in hundreds of millions dollars a year. His contract is in his favor anyways, I would imagine.
Instead of knee jerking, try to think a bit.

(CNN) Bill O'Reilly is reportedly walking away with tens of millions of dollars. How insulting. After being accused of habitual sexual harassment and other lewd acts, causing him and his employer, Fox News, to pay out $13 million in settlements; after costing the network millions when advertisers fled his show; after finally being fired from his job after years — he leaves with a golden payout.

Don't think for one second his firing is a win for women in the workplace. It is far from that.

Had a New York Times story earlier this month not exposed reports of the toxic culture at the network that tolerated and enabled his alleged behavior for years, Fox would likely have kept silencing any women who complained.

Even O'Reilly's book publisher at MacMillian (The Holt List), is standing with the fallen network host, perhaps hoping to cash in on Bill's misogynist ways. He has a new book in the works; it's planned for September.

It seems Fox has a clear corporate strategy in place: reward men who intimidate, berate and harass women at work. Silence the women at all costs. And, no matter what, do not hurt profits. O'Reilly's show reportedly brought in $200 million for Fox. Still, most analysts predict profits won't be hurt much by O'Reilly's ouster.

How do we know about this Fox strategy? We saw it played out last summer, too, when another alleged top predator, former Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, was forced out amid accusations of sexual harassment. Anchor Gretchen Carlson got $20 million. Ailes' "exit package" from Fox was about $40 million. When a corporate culture is toxic you can bet it starts at the top.

So, when the spotlight shifted to O'Reilly, who reportedly was making $18- to $20-million a year as the host of "The O'Reilly Factor," it was not shocking. Fox likely got a clue that it had to act, since the allegations have kept coming. Only a few days ago, a black woman who was a clerical worker at the network in 2008, alleged she was intimidated by O'Reilly for years.

O'Reilly would come by her desk, leer at the woman and call her "hot chocolate," she alleged. She was scared, her attorney, Lisa Bloom, told the Hollywood Reporter. Bloom, who helped the woman report the harassment to the Fox network's hot line, says her client is not seeking monetary damages.

Rewarding sexual assaulters, it's the conservative way! Republican shitbags rewarded Trump's sexual assault with a presidential win, Fox rewards Bill-O the clown with tens of millions of dollars. Gotta love those Repubican "family values."

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women. No, Fox might not have fired the goose who lays the golden eggs, but they did because the Advertisers said NO because the people who buy their products said NO. That, my friend, is a win. It might not be perfect, but I will take what I can get. Especially after the debacle with the "Grab Em By The Pussy" crowd. Finally, our society is saying "Cut it Out!" It's about time, and I'm pleased by this glimmer of light.

He is under contract. There also isn't any proof he did those things. Therefore, they cant just fire him without paying him off. He has been the number one for show for many years. Ranks in hundreds of millions dollars a year. His contract is in his favor anyways, I would imagine.
I heard he had just signed a 3 year, 20 mil/yr contract. So he left with less than half of what he would have earned.

• Banned

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women. No, Fox might not have fired the goose who lays the golden eggs, but they did because the Advertisers said NO because the people who buy their products said NO. That, my friend, is a win. It might not be perfect, but I will take what I can get. Especially after the debacle with the "Grab Em By The Pussy" crowd. Finally, our society is saying "Cut it Out!" It's about time, and I'm pleased by this glimmer of light.

That's a good point.

He should've been fired the instant he told a black college professor that he "looks like a cocaine dealer".

Bill O'Reilly's Golden Payout From Fox is an Outrage?

Nah, fuck it, give him his handout.

-------------------------------------------------------------- you say that 'oreily' was ACCUSED of stuff . Course i can't stand 'oreily' but his gettings 10s of millions is ok with me SYTFE ,

speaking of which, where was all the outrage for cuba gooding jr? Is it because he is black? Or because he is a democrat?

Jealous?

I heard he had just signed a 3 year, 20 mil/yr contract. So he left with less than half of what he would have earned.

For doing nothing.

Not a bad deal.

speaking of which, where was all the outrage for cuba gooding jr? Is it because he is black? Or because he is a democrat?
Did I say "I'm not going to politicize this" ??? Did I say that? I don't know who cuba gooding jr is, anyway.

"Rewarding"? Hardly. It's how contracts work.

Did I say "I'm not going to politicize this" ??? Did I say that? I don't know who cuba gooding jr is, anyway.
he is an actor that lifted up a womans skirt at a television event a couple weeks ago. In front of everyone. Good thing for him that nobody gives a shit because he is a democrat.

Forum List

Back