Bill O'Reilly's Golden Payout From Fox is an Outrage

If I register as a dem, can I sexually assault women live on tv and get away with it?

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women.
Er..umm.. I'm not sure that all the women whose careers were severely damaged by all this nonsense (Carlson, Kelly, Tantaros, et..all) that has been going on for years would characterize it that way, especially given the fact that it was reportedly a very close decision by the Board to let O'Reilly (who has been embroiled in sex scandals for a decade) go.

Personally I'll hold off calling this a "win" for women unless/until all of O'Reilly (and Ailes) victims receive just compensation for the damage to their careers and the suffering and humiliation they endured and the perpetrators find themselves suffering punishment commensurate with their offenses.

On another note, how you have multimillionaires stooping to this sort of behavior just get their "sexual fix" completely mystifies me, haven't these douche bags ever heard of call girls?
:wtf:

Maybe the OP doesn't understand contracts.

Pretty much what I was thinking, a legal contract is binding and neither side can terminate it unless there are stipulations that outline under what circumstances that could be done. It's really not O'Reilly's fault if Fox News didn't have any kind of stipulation for misconduct. So FN gets stuck for $25 million, maybe from now on they'll be a little more strict on employee conduct and in writing their employment contracts. And that could be a win for women in the long run.

(CNN) Bill O'Reilly is reportedly walking away with tens of millions of dollars. How insulting. After being accused of habitual sexual harassment and other lewd acts, causing him and his employer, Fox News, to pay out $13 million in settlements; after costing the network millions when advertisers fled his show; after finally being fired from his job after years — he leaves with a golden payout.

Don't think for one second his firing is a win for women in the workplace. It is far from that.

Had a New York Times story earlier this month not exposed reports of the toxic culture at the network that tolerated and enabled his alleged behavior for years, Fox would likely have kept silencing any women who complained.

Even O'Reilly's book publisher at MacMillian (The Holt List), is standing with the fallen network host, perhaps hoping to cash in on Bill's misogynist ways. He has a new book in the works; it's planned for September.

It seems Fox has a clear corporate strategy in place: reward men who intimidate, berate and harass women at work. Silence the women at all costs. And, no matter what, do not hurt profits. O'Reilly's show reportedly brought in $200 million for Fox. Still, most analysts predict profits won't be hurt much by O'Reilly's ouster.

How do we know about this Fox strategy? We saw it played out last summer, too, when another alleged top predator, former Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, was forced out amid accusations of sexual harassment. Anchor Gretchen Carlson got $20 million. Ailes' "exit package" from Fox was about $40 million. When a corporate culture is toxic you can bet it starts at the top.

So, when the spotlight shifted to O'Reilly, who reportedly was making $18- to $20-million a year as the host of "The O'Reilly Factor," it was not shocking. Fox likely got a clue that it had to act, since the allegations have kept coming. Only a few days ago, a black woman who was a clerical worker at the network in 2008, alleged she was intimidated by O'Reilly for years.

O'Reilly would come by her desk, leer at the woman and call her "hot chocolate," she alleged. She was scared, her attorney, Lisa Bloom, told the Hollywood Reporter. Bloom, who helped the woman report the harassment to the Fox network's hot line, says her client is not seeking monetary damages.

Rest here: Bill O'Reilly's golden payout from Fox is an outrage - CNN.com
------------------------------------

Rewarding sexual assaulters, it's the conservative way! Republican shitbags rewarded Trump's sexual assault with a presidential win, Fox rewards Bill-O the clown with tens of millions of dollars. Gotta love those Repubican "family values."

This is your weekly reminder to never, EVER vote Republican.

Oh, and before I forget, "But Bill Clintoooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!"

It's OK. No problem. O'Reilly has been very wealthy for a long time. If it had just been about the money he would have retired years ago.

Console yourself with several obvious realities:
1. No one is going to hire him and put him on the air. This is like DEATH to him.
2. He no longer has a building full of women to chase and insult. This is like DEATH to him.
3. His public persona has been forever stained and reputation irrevocably harmed. This is like DEATH to him...
because these things are ALL he cares about and he's lost all three.

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women.
Er..umm.. I'm not sure that all the women whose careers were severely damaged by all this nonsense (Carlson, Kelly, Tantaros, et..all) that has been going on for years would characterize it that way, especially given the fact that it was reportedly a very close decision by the Board to let O'Reilly (who has been embroiled in sex scandals for a decade) go.

Personally I'll hold off calling this a "win" for women unless/until all of O'Reilly (and Ailes) victims receive just compensation for the damage to their careers and the suffering and humiliation they endured and the perpetrators find themselves suffering punishment commensurate with their offenses.

On another note, how you have multimillionaires stooping to this sort of behavior just get their "sexual fix" completely mystifies me, haven't these douche bags ever heard of call girls?
:wtf:
Are you a he or a she, Night Fox? This has nothing to do with how much money a guy has in his pocket. This is prevalent everywhere. I'm guessing you're a he, since if you were a she you wouldn't find this mystifying in the least. Guys are frequently led by their "second brain." When they know they've got you over a barrel because you need a paycheck, it's all systems go. For some guys--I'm not saying all. There are lots and lots of decent guys in the world.

It's hard to know who to root against here. On one hand, Bill getting more money sucks. That said, guys like him feed off of press/attention/adoration, not necessarily more cash. On the other hand, Fox KNEW they were buying off women that Bill abused for over a decade, so it's their own damned fault if they have to pay out due to their own tolerance of despicable behavior.

Greta, Meghyn, that chick from Fox N Friends, Ailes, and now Bill....how badly is Fox News hemorrhaging?

What these women put up with is peanuts compared to what I endured when I worked in O&G in Texas in the 1980s. Peanuts. I was the only woman in an office full of men and had a great job procuring interiors and equipment for Aramco's offshore barges. Nobody ever touched me but some of the shit they pulled would make even a dickhead Trumpie fan feel ashamed.

TNHarley said:
But im sure women appreciate you wanting me to sexually assault them.
LOL, Yeah weird that someone would want to live out their sexual fantasies vicariously through YOU...

Apparently Charlie Sheen wasn't available for the role. :cool:

The O'Reilly derangement is at fevor pitch.

You can't find better comedy.

Poor Bill......25 million richer.

Is that what the number is? $25 fucking million?

Fired Bill O'Reilly's golden parachute reportedly worth $25 million

I'll probably send him a few bucks...wouldn't want him to go hungry.
I think he'll be able to put cheese on his whoppers for a long time to come.

He just won't have anyplace to put his hot dog.

Out of court settlements which is what these were are not admissions of guilt so they couldn't fire him over that if they fired him while under contract without cause he could have sued so a negotiated settlement for him to leave was the only option. Welcome to the real world.

Forum List

Back