Bill O'Reilly's Golden Payout From Fox is an Outrage

The O'Reilly derangement is at fevor pitch.

You can't find better comedy.

Poor Bill......25 million richer.

Is that what the number is? $25 fucking million?

Fired Bill O'Reilly's golden parachute reportedly worth $25 million

I'll probably send him a few bucks...wouldn't want him to go hungry.
I think he'll be able to put cheese on his whoppers for a long time to come.

He just won't have anyplace to put his hot dog.

With an extra 25 million ?

His hot dog will be working overtime.

Fired Bill O'Reilly's golden parachute reportedly worth $25 million

I'll probably send him a few bucks...wouldn't want him to go hungry.
I think he'll be able to put cheese on his whoppers for a long time to come.

He just won't have anyplace to put his hot dog.
Falafel boy is rich. I'm sure he can afford some entertainment now and then.

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women.
Er..umm.. I'm not sure that all the women whose careers were severely damaged by all this nonsense (Carlson, Kelly, Tantaros, et..all) that has been going on for years would characterize it that way, especially given the fact that it was reportedly a very close decision by the Board to let O'Reilly (who has been embroiled in sex scandals for a decade) go.

Personally I'll hold off calling this a "win" for women unless/until all of O'Reilly (and Ailes) victims receive just compensation for the damage to their careers and the suffering and humiliation they endured and the perpetrators find themselves suffering punishment commensurate with their offenses.

On another note, how you have multimillionaires stooping to this sort of behavior just get their "sexual fix" completely mystifies me, haven't these douche bags ever heard of call girls?
:wtf:
Are you a he or a she, Night Fox? This has nothing to do with how much money a guy has in his pocket. This is prevalent everywhere. I'm guessing you're a he, since if you were a she you wouldn't find this mystifying in the least. Guys are frequently led by their "second brain." When they know they've got you over a barrel because you need a paycheck, it's all systems go. For some guys--I'm not saying all. There are lots and lots of decent guys in the world.
I think you're misunderstanding what I wrote, I was saying as man that has read some of the accounts of the what happened to the victims in these cases I cannot understand what would motivate these men to do what they reportedly did, not only are both of them married (O'Reilly up until 2011?) during a lot of this nonsense (and thus showed an incredible lack of respect and fidelity to their own spouses not to mention their own children) but if they had sexual needs that rampant could have easily afforded to fulfill their needs outside of the workplace with incredibly attractive and perfectly willing women 24x7 (call girls, groupies, whatever....).

The lack of self control, the degree of unprofessional and lack of empathy & judgement that these dickweeds demonstrated is simply unbelievable and the fact that they were in the positions that they were in just makes it more incredible.

(CNN) Bill O'Reilly is reportedly walking away with tens of millions of dollars. How insulting. After being accused of habitual sexual harassment and other lewd acts, causing him and his employer, Fox News, to pay out $13 million in settlements; after costing the network millions when advertisers fled his show; after finally being fired from his job after years — he leaves with a golden payout.

Don't think for one second his firing is a win for women in the workplace. It is far from that.

Had a New York Times story earlier this month not exposed reports of the toxic culture at the network that tolerated and enabled his alleged behavior for years, Fox would likely have kept silencing any women who complained.

Even O'Reilly's book publisher at MacMillian (The Holt List), is standing with the fallen network host, perhaps hoping to cash in on Bill's misogynist ways. He has a new book in the works; it's planned for September.

It seems Fox has a clear corporate strategy in place: reward men who intimidate, berate and harass women at work. Silence the women at all costs. And, no matter what, do not hurt profits. O'Reilly's show reportedly brought in $200 million for Fox. Still, most analysts predict profits won't be hurt much by O'Reilly's ouster.

How do we know about this Fox strategy? We saw it played out last summer, too, when another alleged top predator, former Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, was forced out amid accusations of sexual harassment. Anchor Gretchen Carlson got $20 million. Ailes' "exit package" from Fox was about $40 million. When a corporate culture is toxic you can bet it starts at the top.

So, when the spotlight shifted to O'Reilly, who reportedly was making $18- to $20-million a year as the host of "The O'Reilly Factor," it was not shocking. Fox likely got a clue that it had to act, since the allegations have kept coming. Only a few days ago, a black woman who was a clerical worker at the network in 2008, alleged she was intimidated by O'Reilly for years.

O'Reilly would come by her desk, leer at the woman and call her "hot chocolate," she alleged. She was scared, her attorney, Lisa Bloom, told the Hollywood Reporter. Bloom, who helped the woman report the harassment to the Fox network's hot line, says her client is not seeking monetary damages.

Rest here: Bill O'Reilly's golden payout from Fox is an outrage - CNN.com
------------------------------------

Rewarding sexual assaulters, it's the conservative way! Republican shitbags rewarded Trump's sexual assault with a presidential win, Fox rewards Bill-O the clown with tens of millions of dollars. Gotta love those Repubican "family values."

This is your weekly reminder to never, EVER vote Republican.

Oh, and before I forget, "But Bill Clintoooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!"
I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women. No, Fox might not have fired the goose who lays the golden eggs, but they did because the Advertisers said NO because the people who buy their products said NO. That, my friend, is a win. It might not be perfect, but I will take what I can get. Especially after the debacle with the "Grab Em By The Pussy" crowd. Finally, our society is saying "Cut it Out!" It's about time, and I'm pleased by this glimmer of light.
speaking of which, where was all the outrage for cuba gooding jr? Is it because he is black? Or because he is a democrat?
Okay, Mister. I googled cuba gooding jr lifts up skirt and every article was slamming him for it, giving him a good dressing down. So where do you get off crying that the Dems don't care? The condemnations and lectures were everywhere and I don't think Schumer needs to make an official statement about it.

Fans expressed their alarm about the action on social media, calling it "disrespectful" and "gross."
Cuba Gooding Jr. Lifted Sarah Paulson's Skirt & Fans Are Alarmed

There are plenty more.

(CNN) Bill O'Reilly is reportedly walking away with tens of millions of dollars. How insulting. After being accused of habitual sexual harassment and other lewd acts, causing him and his employer, Fox News, to pay out $13 million in settlements; after costing the network millions when advertisers fled his show; after finally being fired from his job after years — he leaves with a golden payout.

Don't think for one second his firing is a win for women in the workplace. It is far from that.

Had a New York Times story earlier this month not exposed reports of the toxic culture at the network that tolerated and enabled his alleged behavior for years, Fox would likely have kept silencing any women who complained.

Even O'Reilly's book publisher at MacMillian (The Holt List), is standing with the fallen network host, perhaps hoping to cash in on Bill's misogynist ways. He has a new book in the works; it's planned for September.

It seems Fox has a clear corporate strategy in place: reward men who intimidate, berate and harass women at work. Silence the women at all costs. And, no matter what, do not hurt profits. O'Reilly's show reportedly brought in $200 million for Fox. Still, most analysts predict profits won't be hurt much by O'Reilly's ouster.

How do we know about this Fox strategy? We saw it played out last summer, too, when another alleged top predator, former Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, was forced out amid accusations of sexual harassment. Anchor Gretchen Carlson got $20 million. Ailes' "exit package" from Fox was about $40 million. When a corporate culture is toxic you can bet it starts at the top.

So, when the spotlight shifted to O'Reilly, who reportedly was making $18- to $20-million a year as the host of "The O'Reilly Factor," it was not shocking. Fox likely got a clue that it had to act, since the allegations have kept coming. Only a few days ago, a black woman who was a clerical worker at the network in 2008, alleged she was intimidated by O'Reilly for years.

O'Reilly would come by her desk, leer at the woman and call her "hot chocolate," she alleged. She was scared, her attorney, Lisa Bloom, told the Hollywood Reporter. Bloom, who helped the woman report the harassment to the Fox network's hot line, says her client is not seeking monetary damages.

Rewarding sexual assaulters, it's the conservative way! Republican shitbags rewarded Trump's sexual assault with a presidential win, Fox rewards Bill-O the clown with tens of millions of dollars. Gotta love those Repubican "family values."

I'm not going to politicize this, but I think it was a "win" for women. No, Fox might not have fired the goose who lays the golden eggs, but they did because the Advertisers said NO because the people who buy their products said NO. That, my friend, is a win. It might not be perfect, but I will take what I can get. Especially after the debacle with the "Grab Em By The Pussy" crowd. Finally, our society is saying "Cut it Out!" It's about time, and I'm pleased by this glimmer of light.
speaking of which, where was all the outrage for cuba gooding jr? Is it because he is black? Or because he is a democrat?
Okay, Mister. I googled cuba gooding jr lifts up skirt and every article was slamming him for it, giving him a good dressing down. So where do you get off crying that the Dems don't care? The condemnations and lectures were everywhere and I don't think Schumer needs to make an official statement about it.

Fans expressed their alarm about the action on social media, calling it "disrespectful" and "gross."
Cuba Gooding Jr. Lifted Sarah Paulson's Skirt & Fans Are Alarmed

There are plenty more.
LOL ok

Er..umm.. I'm not sure that all the women whose careers were severely damaged by all this nonsense (Carlson, Kelly, Tantaros, et..all) that has been going on for years would characterize it that way, especially given the fact that it was reportedly a very close decision by the Board to let O'Reilly (who has been embroiled in sex scandals for a decade) go.

Personally I'll hold off calling this a "win" for women unless/until all of O'Reilly (and Ailes) victims receive just compensation for the damage to their careers and the suffering and humiliation they endured and the perpetrators find themselves suffering punishment commensurate with their offenses.

On another note, how you have multimillionaires stooping to this sort of behavior just get their "sexual fix" completely mystifies me, haven't these douche bags ever heard of call girls?
Are you a he or a she, Night Fox? This has nothing to do with how much money a guy has in his pocket. This is prevalent everywhere. I'm guessing you're a he, since if you were a she you wouldn't find this mystifying in the least. Guys are frequently led by their "second brain." When they know they've got you over a barrel because you need a paycheck, it's all systems go. For some guys--I'm not saying all. There are lots and lots of decent guys in the world.
I think you're misunderstanding what I wrote, I was saying as man that has read some of the accounts of the what happened to the victims in these cases I cannot understand what would motivate these men to do what they reportedly did, not only are both of them married (O'Reilly up until 2011?) during a lot of this nonsense (and thus showed an incredible lack of respect and fidelity to their own spouses not to mention their own children) but if they had sexual needs that rampant could have easily afforded to fulfill their needs outside of the workplace with incredibly attractive and perfectly willing women 24x7 (call girls, groupies, whatever....).

The lack of self control, the degree of unprofessional and lack of empathy & judgement that these dickweeds demonstrated is simply unbelievable and the fact that they were in the positions that they were in just makes it more incredible.
I think the really big ego has something to do with it--seems to be a pattern here, at least with O'Reilly and Trump. They really believe that any woman would find their attentions flattering. I really think they believe that. So it's not like choosing between women in the elevator or a call girl.

If Bill is a horny POS like many other powerful men (BILL CLINTON, JOHN EDWARDS, AL GORE...)

SHOCKING!!!

Why is it an "outrage"? What's it to you?

He is under contract. There also isn't any proof he did those things. Therefore, they cant just fire him without paying him off. He has been the number one for show for many years. Ranks in hundreds of millions dollars a year. His contract is in his favor anyways, I would imagine.
Instead of knee jerking, try to think a bit.
I heard he had just signed a 3 year, 20 mil/yr contract. So he left with less than half of what he would have earned.
Yet twice as much as what his victims were paid.

I think the really big ego has something to do with it--seems to be a pattern here, at least with O'Reilly and Trump. They really believe that any woman would find their attentions flattering. I really think they believe that. So it's not like choosing between women in the elevator or a call girl.
Lots of guys with HUGE egos out there that never even came close to stooping to this sort of nonsense (Jobs, Gates, Welch.. and on and on), IMHO its got to be more than ego, I think the mental instability that would lead to this sort of behavior to this degree over such an extended period of time is something a bit more severe...

Personally I think both of 'em should be locked up with Bubba the Salad Toss King for a few weeks so they can get to experience what the other side of extreme sexual harassment feels like. ;)

He is under contract. There also isn't any proof he did those things. Therefore, they cant just fire him without paying him off. He has been the number one for show for many years. Ranks in hundreds of millions dollars a year. His contract is in his favor anyways, I would imagine.
I heard he had just signed a 3 year, 20 mil/yr contract. So he left with less than half of what he would have earned.
I was just sayin'
I'm pretty sure O'Reilly won't need to collect food stamps anytime soon. More's the pity, if you ask me. I suppose I shouldn't be so mean spirited, but it's kinda nice to see an old pig like that get his comeuppance.

That's a good point.

I don't agree.

As a society, we still reward men who victimize women and then punish the women for what was done to them.

Aisles got $40m, O'Reilly $25m, the pussy grabber got the WH that is already paying off millions and will continue to to pay his spawn long after he's dead.

The women who blew the whistle can't get jobs. The women who dump raped as young girls can't even come out of hiding.

If a woman kills her abusive husband, she gets life. If a husband beats his wife to death, he gets an average of 7 years.

Men are rewarded for screwing women and walking away from their offspring while woman are punished for raising a child alone.

The list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Bwahahaha I love it. You idiots don't understand what a contract is. The employer cannot just get out of a contract because of accusations. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Bwahahaha I love it. You idiots don't understand what a contract is. The employer cannot just get out of a contract because of accusations. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

O'Reilly is in Breach of Contract for violating his morals clause.

His victims? Accusation were made, that's it.

BTW... what happened to all the Trump accusers? They seem to have all miraculously vanished.

You have access to his contract? Do share!!!

They wouldn't have given him $25 million if this were the case.

That's a good point.

I don't agree.

As a society, we still reward men who victimize women and then punish the women for what was done to them.

Aisles got $40m, O'Reilly $25m, the pussy grabber got the WH that is already paying off millions and will continue to to pay his spawn long after he's dead.

The women who blew the whistle can't get jobs. The women who dump raped as young girls can't even come out of hiding.

If a woman kills her abusive husband, she gets life. If a husband beats his wife to death, he gets an average of 7 years.

Men are rewarded for screwing women and walking away from their offspring while woman are punished for raising a child alone.

The list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

You don't know that he actually did anything.

Not been proven.

It's clear you don't know much about employment contracts in the big leagues. Not surprising as you burger-flipper types only get the door hitting your ass upon departure.

Forum List

Back