Bill Clinton throws Obama under the bus on raising TAXES on the wealthy

Clinton on his worst day was better as POTUS than Barry will ever be.

Clinton was smart enough to do a 180 when the Reps took over in 96. He worked with his Rep Congress and got shit done.

I don't care for Clinton personally but he is a savvy, smart politician and he's got way more in the smarts department that Barry will ever have.

He's right. Raising taxes in this economy is absolutely the stupidist thing anyone could do.

Wonder if Barry will catch a fucking clue?? Won't hold my breath.

Oh bullshit. Clinton never did a "180" degree on anything. Republicans didn't vote for most of his initiatives. In fact they hamstringed him on airport security and wouldn't allow special forces to search for Osama Bin Laden. Instead they left him with missiles and bombs.

On top of that..they impeached him. And he left office, penniless, with 22 million in legal debt. He had as tough a time as Obama..if not worse.

They were assholes back then..they are assholes now.

So Clinton essentially comes out for doing nothing to reduce the deficit AND weakening the revenue stream to Social Security and Medicare,

and the Right applauds this?

Why, exactly?

No... the right applauds Clinton's acknowledgment that raising taxes in a near depression is retarded.

And enough with the "revenue stream" shit... how about addressing the "spending stream"... then we'll talk about raising my taxes.

I love the libs... they commit us to a gazillion $$ in social spending and then throw their hands up and say we must increase "revenue streams". Then they get that, then they up the ante again and clamor for more "revenue streams".

Clinton was smart enough to do a 180 when the Reps took over in 96. He worked with his Rep Congress and got shit done.

I don't care for Clinton personally but he is a savvy, smart politician and he's got way more in the smarts department that Barry will ever have.

He's right. Raising taxes in this economy is absolutely the stupidist thing anyone could do.

Hey, I voted for Clinton Round II... even though I didn't necessarily care for him.

Oh bullshit. Clinton never did a "180" degree on anything. Republicans didn't vote for most of his initiatives. In fact they hamstringed him on airport security and wouldn't allow special forces to search for Osama Bin Laden. Instead they left him with missiles and bombs.

On top of that..they impeached him. And he left office, penniless, with 22 million in legal debt. He had as tough a time as Obama..if not worse.

Bill Clinton was disbarred from the practice of law.

Compared to Bush's presidency of Chocolate strawberry's, perfume and flowers from the other side of th aisle.

In your mind the Reps are assholes because they don't agree with Barry's policies. Wish we had a few more assholes just like em in the Senate.

And of course the Reps are assholes for not agreeing with Barry and his crap. Wish we had a few more of those assholes.

Perhaps you should read a bit.

Presidency of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton surely didn't get all that he wanted but he and the Rep Congress did get quite a bit.

He was impeached for lying and disbarred. His own stupid actions were to blame for that.

If Clinton had been a Rep you would be the first one screaming for that to happen.

Last edited:
A. Obama doesn't want tax hikes or spending cuts until after the recovery EITHER. Thanks to Fox and corporate media for screwing THAT up, for contriversy and ratings...
B."The top 5% of Americans by income account for 37% of all consumer outlays. Outlays include consumer spending, interest payments on installment debt and transfer payments."

They also have 80% of the wealth, MORON. "The Hoarding Class"

Even with the moniker change.

You havent gotten any smarter.

Lying in your statement Obama doesnt want tax increases.

Damn you are stupid........................

Bill Clinton was disbarred from the practice of law.

That too. :lol:

Former President Bill Clinton says now is not the time to hike taxes.

“I personally don’t believe we ought to be raising taxes or cutting spending, either one, until we get this economy off the ground,” Clinton told Newsmax in an interview Tuesday. “This has been a dead flat economy.”

Clinton, who is hosting the Clinton Global Initiative’s annual meeting in New York City this week, said that until the country’s debt is reduced, he doesn’t believe cutting or raising taxes or boosting spending are the solution to bringing the country to a full employment economy.

“If we cut government spending, which I normally would be very inclined to do when the deficit’s this big, with interest rates already near zero, you can’t get the benefits out of it,” Clinton said. “So what I’d like to see them do is come up with a bipartisan approach, starting with the payroll tax cuts because they have the biggest return.”

Bill Clinton: No more taxes now - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

This coming from Bill Clinton who reigned over the fastest growing economy of the 20th century has got to be a HUGE blow to Obama's new campaign strategy of wealth redistribution-class warfare campaign rhetoric or raising taxes on 227,000 Americans out of 311 MILLION Americans that make 1 million or over per year.

Bill Clinton states-NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO RAISE ANYONE'S TAXES. And for good reason--the wealthy in this country are responsible for 37% of the spending in this country. If you raise taxes on this crowd--they won't have it to spread around in the private sector.

U.S. Economy Is Increasingly Tied to the Rich - The Wealth Report - WSJ

View attachment 15278

Didn't Bill Clinton raise taxes on the wealthy during a recession in the 90's and the economy boomed? Is Obama scrtewing Hillary or something?

Former President Bill Clinton says now is not the time to hike taxes.

“I personally don’t believe we ought to be raising taxes or cutting spending, either one, until we get this economy off the ground,” Clinton told Newsmax in an interview Tuesday. “This has been a dead flat economy.”

Clinton, who is hosting the Clinton Global Initiative’s annual meeting in New York City this week, said that until the country’s debt is reduced, he doesn’t believe cutting or raising taxes or boosting spending are the solution to bringing the country to a full employment economy.

“If we cut government spending, which I normally would be very inclined to do when the deficit’s this big, with interest rates already near zero, you can’t get the benefits out of it,” Clinton said. “So what I’d like to see them do is come up with a bipartisan approach, starting with the payroll tax cuts because they have the biggest return.”

This coming from Bill Clinton who reigned over the fastest growing economy of the 20th century has got to be a HUGE blow to Obama's new campaign strategy of wealth redistribution-class warfare campaign rhetoric or raising taxes on 227,000 Americans out of 311 MILLION Americans that make 1 million or over per year.

Bill Clinton states-NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO RAISE ANYONE'S TAXES. And for good reason--the wealthy in this country are responsible for 37% of the spending in this country. If you raise taxes on this crowd--they won't have it to spread around in the private sector.

View attachment 15278

Didn't Bill Clinton raise taxes on the wealthy during a recession in the 90's and the economy boomed? Is Obama scrtewing Hillary or something?

Are you that simple minded as to believe the tax rate is the only consideration for boom or bust?

In your mind the Reps are assholes because they don't agree with Barry's policies. Wish we had a few more assholes just like em in the Senate.

And of course the Reps are assholes for not agreeing with Barry and his crap. Wish we had a few more of those assholes.

Perhaps you should read a bit.

Presidency of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton surely didn't get all that he wanted but he and the Rep Congress did get quite a bit.

He was impeached for lying and disbarred. His own stupid actions were to blame for that.

If Clinton had been a Rep you would be the first one screaming for that to happen.

Funny the same "standard" didn't apply to Reagan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow]Telling Lies - YouTube[/ame]

Or George W. Bush..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtr70X5A-E]Bush: Violating Your Rights = Protecting You (Yeah, Right!) - YouTube[/ame]

Are you that simple minded as to believe the tax rate is the only consideration for boom or bust?

Nope.

Government spending played a huge role. From infrastructure/telecommunications upgrades to retraining workers displaced by trade agreements.

Clinton was sharp as a tack in making sure both sides got something out of the deal.

View attachment 15278

as an example, Obama is always telling us Bush's tax cuts got us in this mess in the first place, it's the dumbest thing in the world to say.

View attachment 15278

Are you simple minded enough to believe that is what I said?

are you that simple minded as to believe the tax rate is the only consideration for boom or bust?

nope.

Government spending played a huge role. From infrastructure/telecommunications upgrades to retraining workers displaced by trade agreements.

Clinton was sharp as a tack in making sure both sides got something out of the deal.

no mention of the wireless deregulation that provided the spark?

as an example, Obama is always telling us Bush's tax cuts got us in this mess in the first place, it's the dumbest thing in the world to say.

If Obama truly believed that he would not continue to push to extend them. He knows better, his actions speak louder than his words ;)

Clinton has said the exact same thing.
Bill Clinton: Bush Tax Cuts 'Immoral', 'Unethical'

If Obama truly believed that he would not continue to push to extend them. He knows better, his actions speak louder than his words ;)

Oh gosh.

I figured you smarter. It's political horse trading. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back