What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Clinton: Romney Is Running To Steal Credit For Obama’s Recovery

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
By Benjy Sarlin

Former President Bill Clinton told an Orlando, Fla., audience that Mitt Romney’s vague economic plan is part of a scheme to get elected, then steal credit for President Obama’s coming recovery.

Clinton cited recent reports that top economists and financial firms are predicting a strong boost to growth soon, likely matching Romney’s current pledge to create 12 million jobs over the next four years, whether or not he’s elected.

According to Clinton, America is looking at 4 percent GDP growth soon, double the current rate, as long as “we don’t mess it up.” The danger then is that Romney will win the election then “cut taxes for wealthy people,” “gut the Medicaid program,” slash aid to education and scientific research, then claim these policies as the reason an already inevitable short term bump occurred in his first term.

Despite the brief gains, Romney will “take the future out” of the budget, Clinton said, undoing Obama’s hard-fought efforts to put the country on a path to more solid gains. That means the president’s work navigating the country through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression will be forgotten: “[Obama] won’t even get the credit, because [Romney] want to get credit for the 12 million jobs that Obama laid the foundation for.”

“Let’s give the job to the man who’s done the job so he can finish the job,” Clinton concluded. “Four more years!”

More: Bill Clinton: Romney Is Running To Steal Credit For Obama’s Recovery | TPM2012

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
jobs-gov-mitt-zz.jpg

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score

Leweman

Gold Member
Reaction score
of course ... that must be it. That's one trust worthy guy right there so I'm buying it.

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
holy smokes, the progressives are getting stupider every day..

WHAT recovery? 8 % unemployment, welfare exploding, more poverty under this President..

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
great now we have three worthless trolls on the board.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BBCAmerica

Reaction score
How long have I been saying this? It's about time someone told the people that Romney is hijacking Obama's efforts. I know the right will say bs. But economist forecast this long before Romney stole it. So where they lying before Romney stole it. I also wondered why Obama let him have it

tooAlive

Silver Member
Reaction score
How long have I been saying this? It's about time someone told the people that Romney is hijacking Obama's efforts. I know the right will say bs. But economist forecast this long before Romney stole it. So where they lying before Romney stole it. I also wondered why Obama let him have it

I'm sure Romney will also want to take the credit for Obama's 32% increase in welfare spending, along with the smell of marijuana from the oval office and kool-aid stains on the carpet.

Last edited:

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
omg, now Romney is "hijacking" Obama's recovery..

I guess we shouldn't of RAN anyone against the dear leader, we wouldn't want him to not get his credit due..:lol:

BBCAmerica

Reaction score
Still I ask how the economist forecasted this before Romney started claiming it

blackhawk

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trying to steal this so called recovery would be like breaking into Fort Knox to steal Pyrite aka fool's gold.

Meister

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you really this stupid?

Or just this Partisan?

If you haven't noticed, Lakhota is no more than a tool for the left.
He creates a thread using a partisan article without a sentence from himself.
Then, he backs it up with a stupid ass cartoon....again, not a sentence of his own.
Just my observation......

Amazed

Rookie
Reaction score
You mean like he benefited from the Reagan/Bush recovery?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Poor Billy Clinton, Poor Obama...my heart bleeds purple kool-aide for them both:eusa_boohoo:

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Are you really this stupid?

Or just this Partisan?

If you haven't noticed, Lakhota is no more than a tool for the left.
He creates a thread using a partisan article without a sentence from himself.
Then, he backs it up with a stupid ass cartoon....again, not a sentence of his own.
Just my observation......

In other words a typical post. Both sides do it. Your outrage is puzzling one-sided.

Rozman

Gold Member
Reaction score
Obama's recovery... :lol:

Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days