Bill Clinton, Hours Before 9/11 Attack, Said He 'Could Have Killed' Bin Laden

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

9-10-2001:

"Osama bin Laden -- he's a very smart guy, I've spent a lot of time thinking about him, and I nearly got him once," Clinton says in the tape, answering a question about terrorism. "I nearly got him. And I could have gotten, I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children. And then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

"I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since," Clinton told Fox. "And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops [in Afghanistan] trying to kill him."

Bill Clinton's Moment

So, that settles it, Clinton says himself he did have the opportunity to kill OBL, ., hours before 9-11 actually took place.

Well, I have had discussion with many here on this forum who state Bill Clinton did not have the opportunity, and such was just conjuncture based on reports which may not be correct.

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:
Well, I have had discussion with many here on this forum who state Bill Clinton did not have the opportunity, and such was just conjuncture based on reports which may not be correct.

It's a pity that the truth won't convince them...

. I nearly got him once," Clinton says in the tape, answering a question about terrorism. "I nearly got him. And I could have gotten, I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children. And then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

What is your point?

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

How would you know if he didn't? I know for a fact that Bush had the chance but blew it..

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

How would you know if he didn't? I know for a fact that Bush had the chance but blew it..

Bush family ties to the Saudis made bin Laden off limits, sadly. The Administration was beiefed, but shelved all intel....until after 9/11/01.

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

Um, I don't know, I believed the 9-11 Commission Report, and was told it was wrong and there was no evidence Clinton had opportunity. Now, there is solid evidence he did indeed have the opportunity and admitted such, as I said a few hours before 9-11 took place.

CaféAuLait;9546378 said:
CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

Um, I don't know, I believed the 9-11 Commission Report, and was told it was wrong and there was no evidence Clinton had opportunity. Now, there is solid evidence he did indeed have the opportunity and admitted such, as I said a few hours before 9-11 took place.

And to kill 300 innocents, before 9/11/01 or even the thought bin Laden might attack; Rice testified she got the intel about an attack in the SPRING of 2001, remember?

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

Bush family ties to the Saudis made bin Laden off limits, sadly. The Administration was beiefed, but shelved all intel....until after 9/11/01.

Link ?

"I nearly got him once"? Was Bubba Bill telling war stories to some ignorant babe? Clinton was offered Bin Ladin and he turned it down.

That Clinton opportunity was pre 1998 before the AG granted him the authority to arrest or kill Bin Laden. After that Clinton tried to kill him, but failed. Bush however let Bin Laden go after 9/11 & that is unforgivable IMHO.

The 9/11 Commission Report further states:

In February 1996, Sudanese officials began approaching officials from the United States and other governments, asking what actions of theirs might ease foreign pressure. In secret meetings with Saudi officials, Sudan offered to expel Bin Laden to Saudi Arabia and asked the Saudis to pardon him. U.S. officials became aware of these secret discussions, certainly by March. Saudi officials apparently wanted Bin Laden expelled from Sudan. They had already revoked his citizenship, however, and would not tolerate his presence in their country. Also Bin Laden may have no longer felt safe in Sudan, where he had already escaped at least one assassination attempt that he believed to have been the work of the Egyptian or Saudi regimes, and paid for by the CIA.

Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CaféAuLait;9546236 said:

Wrong

Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

. I nearly got him once," Clinton says in the tape, answering a question about terrorism. "I nearly got him. And I could have gotten, I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children. And then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

What is your point?

until he expounds on the resisatnce Clinton met from the Republican Congress over every attempt made to stop Bin Laden , he doesn't have a point.

What is your point?

until he expounds on the resisatnce Clinton met from the Republican Congress over every attempt made to stop Bin Laden , he doesn't have a point.

Clinton had a cooperative democrat majority in congress when the first attempt was made on the World Trade Center and he called it "a stupid act by stupid people" and all but dismissed it. The 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school in Clinton's back yard while he was using American bombers to attack a defenseless country in Europe that posed absolutely no threat to the US.

Forum List

Back