Bill Barr Ramps Up His Showdown With ‘Troubled Man’ Trump in Stunning CBS Interview: He’s Like ‘A Defiant 9-Year-Old’

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Former Attorney General Bill Barr has been the talk of the political world for the past week — after his stunning proclamation that former President Donald Trump is “toast” if half of the 37-count indictment against him is true. Now, after a week of personal insults from the former president, Barr is fighting back with an utterly brutal assessment of his old boss.

In a stunning CBS interview on Sunday with Robert Costa, Barr doubled down on his opinion that Trump has only himself to blame for his current predicament.

“This is not a circumstance where he’s the victim or this is government overreach,” Barr said. “He provoked this whole problem himself. Yes, he’s been the victim of unfair witch hunts in the past. But that doesn’t obviate the fact that he’s also a fundamentally flawed person who engages in reckless conduct. And that leads to situations, calamitous situations like this, which are very destructive and hurt any political cause he’s associated with.”

The former attorney general did say that while Trump has “many good qualities” and “accomplished some good things,” his actions ultimately endanger the GOP cause.

“He is a consummate narcissist and he constantly engages in reckless conduct that that puts his political followers at risk and the conservative and Republican agenda at risk,” he said.

Barr then added this jawdropping postscript:

“He will always put his own interests and gratifying his own ego ahead of everything else, including the country’s interests. There’s no question about it. This is a perfect example of that. He’s like a 9-year-old — a defiant 9-year-old kid who’s always pushing the glass toward the edge of the table, defying his parents to stop him from doing it. It’s a means of self-assertion and exerting his dominance over other people. And he’s a very petty individual who will always put his interests ahead of the country’s, his personal gratification of his ego. But our country can’t be a therapy session for a troubled man like this.”

Barr is about to become the number one enemy of Trump Humpers and the Trump cult.

I wonder if Barr is going to testify against Trump.

Watch out Barr, they will be coming for you.

So many professionals who have worked with Trump talk about him in the same way: Petulant, damaged, ignorant child.

How in the world is it that so many people choose to overlook that obvious fact? Are they THAT desperate?

Last edited:
Yes they are, that is what happens when you are a member of a cult.
The thing is, I've spoken to people in real life who say something like: "Yes, I know he's a buffoon, a clown. I know he has mental issues. I know he's a serial liar. I even know that he's probably dangerous. But I think it's do or die time now. He's pretty much a Hail Mary pass."

Y'know what? I can actually respect that. I disagree with it because I think temperament and behaviors matter, and I don't think a Hail Mary pass is even needed, but I can at least respect it.

But the people who have talked themselves into believing that he's a brilliant, God fearing, honest, sincere, protective patriot? Come on. That's a madness.

Last edited:
Now he is a deep state sideliner, that isn't what you were calling him when he was doing the Orange Furer's bidding.
He was never doing the president's bidding.

Looks like the DNC propaganda got through to you though.

Former Attorney General Bill Barr has been the talk of the political world for the past week — after his stunning proclamation that former President Donald Trump is “toast” if half of the 37-count indictment against him is true. Now, after a week of personal insults from the former president, Barr is fighting back with an utterly brutal assessment of his old boss.

In a stunning CBS interview on Sunday with Robert Costa, Barr doubled down on his opinion that Trump has only himself to blame for his current predicament.

“This is not a circumstance where he’s the victim or this is government overreach,” Barr said. “He provoked this whole problem himself. Yes, he’s been the victim of unfair witch hunts in the past. But that doesn’t obviate the fact that he’s also a fundamentally flawed person who engages in reckless conduct. And that leads to situations, calamitous situations like this, which are very destructive and hurt any political cause he’s associated with.”

The former attorney general did say that while Trump has “many good qualities” and “accomplished some good things,” his actions ultimately endanger the GOP cause.

“He is a consummate narcissist and he constantly engages in reckless conduct that that puts his political followers at risk and the conservative and Republican agenda at risk,” he said.

Barr is about to become the number one enemy of Trump Humpers and the Trump cult.

Fake news.

Barr is an expert on government excess and overreach, given his advocacy of the Unitary Executive Theory and the Imperial Presidency.

As an illiberal anti-democratic authoritarian, Barr is qualified to comment on Trump, who is also an illiberal anti-democratic authoritarian.

Barr is an expert on government excess and overreach, given his advocacy of the Unitary Executive Theory and the Imperial Presidency.

As an illiberal anti-democratic authoritarian, Barr is qualified to comment on Trump, who is also an illiberal anti-democratic authoritarian.
Barr is a leftist lying pos like you.

Barr was always a prop player....Him sitting on both Crossfire-Hurricane and the laptop from hell confirm it.
‘“He will always put his own interests and gratifying his own ego ahead of everything else, including the country’s interests. There’s no question about it.’ ibid

No, there isn’t.

Yet another fact documenting that Trump was – and is – unfit to be president.

Forum List

Back