Biggest Box Office Bombs

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

Some of these movies I've never heard of. Seems they pulled them from theaters after their initial two weeks of showing.
Which doesn't make sense. Just because a movie didn't make the top box office sellers in the first couple of weeks, doesn't mean it's a bad movie. And it sure as hell doesn't make sense to PULL a movie from theaters because of it!! Just the opposite.........if you want to make money from a movie, it needs to STAY in the theaters as long as possible!
Right?

A few movies on this list went on to make tons of money, becoming either cult movie favorites or lagging behind in other movies of its type. Which again, is no reason to be pulling them from the theaters.

Of course, then again.........some of these movies I've never heard of, so either the advertising departments weren't doing their jobs, or they were released to limited and restricted theaters.......which doesn't make sense if you are expecting a huge return during the first two weeks.

Then there's there the two main "fan factors".......

1. People are tired of the series. The storyline either petered out, or the company was just expecting a free ride of a cash wave on the series; to hell with the storyline or writing.

2. Remakes and reboots aren't worth the money, when dealing with iconic roles and stories that were done right the first time. Nobody wants to see a remake or reboot of anything that was done right the first time. You're just asking to lose money then.

And that being said, it's not hard to know what an audience wants. Movie companies don't give a shit though. They are going to make what they are going to make, regardless of anything fans or moviegoers say. So, it's their problem if they want to waste resources and talent on a movie.

Which has me wondering............if the movie "RUST" will even have 5 audience viewers IF it ever comes out. LMAOROFL

Forum List

Back