Big Win For Ted Cruz And Future Corrupt Politicians -- Thanks Supreme Court

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in a case involving the use of campaign funds to repay personal campaign loans, dealing the latest blow to campaign finance regulations. The court said that a federal cap on candidates using political contributions after the election to recoup personal loans made to their campaign was unconstitutional. Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the 6-3 decision. Justice Elena Kagan wrote the dissent for her liberal colleagues, Justice Stephen Breyer and Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

In her dissenting opinion, Kagan criticized the majority for ruling against a law that she said was meant to combat "a special danger of corruption" aimed at "political contributions that will line a candidate's own pockets. She continued
, "All the money does is enrich the candidate personally at a time when he can return the favor -- by a vote, a contract, an appointment. It takes no political genius to see the heightened risk of corruption -- the danger of 'I'll make you richer and you'll make me richer' arrangements between donors and officeholders." The ruling is a further erosion of a 20-year-old law that governs how elections are funded. The Supreme Court already has chipped away at the law, granting corporations and unions the right to spend unlimited amounts to influence candidate elections in its 2010 Citizens United decision."

Lol, the libs are totally triggered....they are all mad that they can now continue their corruption of using their political campaigns as pay for play schemes designed to enrich their pockets -- thankfully, Ted Cruz was brave enough to stand up for what's right -- by now allowing this scheme to be put on steroids...but this ruling is even better....because this ruling actually allows defeated campaigns to continue to accept campaign dollars long after the race has ended.... with no restrictions... while the winning candidate will still be subject to the normal FEC limits....but hey, this will drain the swamp right?

This is also my moment to remind everyone that the only reason Conservatives still praise this pathetic piece of shit -- is because he still has them believing he hates the same people they hate...but if you folks claim to be in favor of campaign finance reform and against corrupt politicians, you are full of shit if you are celebrating this decision....because this decision only makes it worse....

z_gop.0066 (7).jpg

"The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in a case involving the use of campaign funds to repay personal campaign loans, dealing the latest blow to campaign finance regulations. The court said that a federal cap on candidates using political contributions after the election to recoup personal loans made to their campaign was unconstitutional. Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the 6-3 decision. Justice Elena Kagan wrote the dissent for her liberal colleagues, Justice Stephen Breyer and Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

In her dissenting opinion, Kagan criticized the majority for ruling against a law that she said was meant to combat "a special danger of corruption" aimed at "political contributions that will line a candidate's own pockets. She continued
, "All the money does is enrich the candidate personally at a time when he can return the favor -- by a vote, a contract, an appointment. It takes no political genius to see the heightened risk of corruption -- the danger of 'I'll make you richer and you'll make me richer' arrangements between donors and officeholders." The ruling is a further erosion of a 20-year-old law that governs how elections are funded. The Supreme Court already has chipped away at the law, granting corporations and unions the right to spend unlimited amounts to influence candidate elections in its 2010 Citizens United decision."

Lol, the libs are totally triggered....they are all mad that they can now continue their corruption of using their political campaigns as pay for play schemes designed to enrich their pockets -- thankfully, Ted Cruz was brave enough to stand up for what's right -- by now allowing this scheme to be put on steroids...but this ruling is even better....because this ruling actually allows defeated campaigns to continue to accept campaign dollars long after the race has ended.... with no restrictions... while the winning candidate will still be subject to the normal FEC limits....but hey, this will drain the swamp right?

This is also my moment to remind everyone that the only reason Conservatives still praise this pathetic piece of shit -- is because he still has them believing he hates the same people they hate...but if you folks claim to be in favor of campaign finance reform and against corrupt politicians, you are full of shit if you are celebrating this decision....because this decision only makes it worse....

View attachment 645375
Who was the Liberal judge that voted for this supposed corrupt ruling?

View attachment 645375
Mind readers of the world, unite! I keep telling you guys that those foil helmets don't work, but you keep using them.

I think Biff is of the opinion, as much of the left seems to be, that you pocket the excess campaign funds and stiff the lenders.

View attachment 645375

Project much?

A very famous lawyer, I think Derschowitz may be his name, made a commentary on Cruz as the best legal mind who ever took his class on the Constitution. I'm not surprised Senator Cruz would win a Supreme Court Case because he knows precisely what the law says and better yet, what that law means. Ted Cruz is first a caring Senator, even if that is equalled by his genius in legal and Constitutional issues. I understand that Professor Dershowitz doesn't miss a beat himself. I like both of them even though they come from different points of view.

New Topics

Forum List

Back