BIG BROTHER WATCH: Senate Moves To Seize Internet - Do We Need More Government Censorship?...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
I knew this was coming. They're desperate to control and limit access to information. An informed intelligent citizenry is the last thing Big Brother wants.

Senator Mark Warner's (D-VA) office has drawn up a proposal for the US government to become much more involved in the Internet and particularly social media. They tell us for our own good they must protect us from "disinformation" and be able to determine the identity of each social media account as well as the user's location. Ironically - or not - this is pretty much what the Chinese government is doing with its social media and search engines. Is this the direction we should be heading? Is there a better solution? Tune in to today's Liberty Report:

Senate Moves To Seize The Internet - Do We Need More Government Censorship?

I knew this was coming. They're desperate to control and limit access to information. An informed intelligent citizenry is the last thing Big Brother wants.

Senator Mark Warner's (D-VA) office has drawn up a proposal for the US government to become much more involved in the Internet and particularly social media. They tell us for our own good they must protect us from "disinformation" and be able to determine the identity of each social media account as well as the user's location. Ironically - or not - this is pretty much what the Chinese government is doing with its social media and search engines. Is this the direction we should be heading? Is there a better solution? Tune in to today's Liberty Report:

The scary thing here is the support they're likely to get from Trump Republicans, who are eager to clamp down on social media sites censoring them.

The scary thing here is the support they're likely to get from Trump Republicans, who are eager to clamp down on social media sites censoring them.

Oh yeah, many Republicans will join the Democrats in this effort. It's very sad.

Wait a GD minute. Wasn’t it the Ruskies using Facebook to “influence” the election that gave you and all your Lib buddies diarrhea butthurt?

Oh yeah, many Republicans will join the Democrats in this effort. It's very sad.

Yet another positive proof that the two criminal gangs are more alike than different...but sadly, too many Americans can't see the purposeful deception being played on them. So we are divided, while the ruling class continues to enrich and empower itself.

Wait a GD minute. Wasn’t it the Ruskies using Facebook to “influence” the election that gave you and all your Lib buddies diarrhea butthurt?

Yep. As the OP pointed out, Democrats are leading the charge on this. But I've seen umpteen threads on the board here by Trumpsters whining about being 'discriminated against' by FB and other social media sites. It won't take much to get them on board. Authoritarians from both parties can sing Kumbaya together as watch the Constitution burn.

Then they come on here and claim it’s the Republicans who want to censor free speech.

Well, it was predictable. Recent events have planted the seeds.

Problem. Reaction. Solution.

-------------------------------- that makes sense doesn't it DBlack .

all part of that "payback" mentality i speak of quite often.

Yep. As the OP pointed out, Democrats are leading the charge on this. But I've seen umpteen threads on the board here by Trumpsters whining about being 'discriminated against' by FB and other social media sites. It won't take much to get them on board. Authoritarians from both parties can sing Kumbaya together as watch the Constitution burn.

if it's not discrimination, give me a better word.

looking at your post number 6 , what should these Trumpers , so called repubs to do other than complain DBlack .

looking at your post number 6 , what should these Trumpers , so called repubs to do other than complain DBlack .

The Trumpers should go away. But they won't. They'll keep complaining until laws are passed, just like their liberal cousins on the Democrat side. As usual, we are most screwed when Democrats and Republicans agree.

Like I said, the flood gate is open and this is an attempt by lib scum to silence conservatives. Nothing more.

Hate to disappoint you but the internet has changed, original factual information much more difficult to get. political opinion easy to obtain

Oh, it's discrimination. But under currently law, that's a legal issue. It's asking for laws to be enforced. And that's the problem. Trumpsters are too stupid to recognize the difference between a private business censoring its content and their rights being violated. Read Rosy's thread for an example: What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Trump fans want the government to force Facebook to cater to them, and they're too dumb to realize it's exactly the same as gays using government to force businesses to cater to them. They're not conservatives in any sense of the word. Their populist, authoritarian liberals. They have more in common with Clinton than with real conservatives.

Oh, it's discrimination. But under currently law, that's a legal issue. It's asking for laws to be enforced. And that's the problem. Trumpsters are too stupid to recognize the difference between a private business censoring its content and their rights being violated. Read Rosy's thread for an example: What is this BS going around that the first Amendment only applies to the government, not Facebook

Trump fans want the government to force Facebook to cater to them, and they're too dumb to realize it's exactly the same as gays using government to force businesses to cater to them. They're not conservatives in any sense of the word. Their populist, authoritarian liberals. They have more in common with Clinton than with real conservatives.

And you want Farcebook to cater 2 u.....

I have never used the nsa division called farcebook

Forum List

Back