Biden's IRS targets small businesses, families

Phew, for a moment there I thought we weren't going to see a classic waddaboudism.

Phew, yes, you GOP shills love lying by omission same as the left wing shills. It's why you run neck and neck with them and hope to win by a couple of percentage points every election. Maybe if your Party actually practiced what it preaches it might do better.

If only that were true.

My wife and I are 2 years into fighting with the IRS and we also do not cheat on our taxes. The problem with the IRS is once they declare you guilty you have to prove you are innocent.

We got a $36,000 bill from the for 3 years of unfiled taxes going back to 2013. They cashed the check I sent with our 2020 taxes and then said we did not file in 2020.

I had to pay thousands to a tax lawyer, agree to a payment plan till they ruled on our case and still more than 2 years later we cannot get resolution.
And therein lies a big problem. You have no presumption of innocence with the IRS.

Big mistake if you get audited.

I follow the law ... an audit would be a piece of cake for me ... I pay a substantially reduced tax amount every year, I'd be stupid to cheat ... I assume Bahamian banks report to the IRS and not worry about it ...

That's like getting free meals at Denny's for life ... and then start stealing their flatware ... that's stupid ... what does the goose-that-lays-golden-eggs taste like? ... who knows ...

It sure is. The darn thing is so (deliberately) complicated that even IRS agents aren't able to give you a definitive answer on some things. Naturally, they can't be held accountable if they give you bad advice.
Trump campaigned on Tax Simplification... surely he fixed it somewhere in his "promises kept"?

Phew, yes, you GOP shills love lying by omission same as the left wing shills. It's why you run neck and neck with them and hope to win by a couple of percentage points every election. Maybe if your Party actually practiced what it preaches it might do better.
We're not talking about something that happened or didn't happen 40 years ago, we're talking about what's going on right now. You know, with Quid Pro Joe's IRS.

Good thing that is not happening.
Yeah right

Just as obama claimed that this bitch wasnt targeting Tea Party groups through the IRS

1679323805392.jpeg

We're not talking about something that happened or didn't happen 40 years ago, we're talking about what's going on right now. You know, with Quid Pro Joe's IRS.

It never stopped, so yes, it's still current, and the GOP loves it. In fact they voted for doing it. They still would, if they focused on fast food workers or retail sales clerks.

I follow the law ... an audit would be a piece of cake for me ... I pay a substantially reduced tax amount every year, I'd be stupid to cheat ... I assume Bahamian banks report to the IRS and not worry about it ...

That's like getting free meals at Denny's for life ... and then start stealing their flatware ... that's stupid ... what does the goose-that-lays-golden-eggs taste like? ... who knows ...
The point is, destroying your return and, I assume, the backing documentation is a mistake. Although rare, sometimes taxing authorities lose stuff. I received a bill from my state some years ago demanding back payment for what they claimed was an unfiled tax form. I was able to send them a copy of the form I had filed and they went away. Without that, I would have had to do a lot more digging and faced a lot of hassle trying to clear up the problem.

It never stopped, so yes, it's still current, and the GOP loves it. In fact they voted for doing it. They still would, if they focused on fast food workers or retail sales clerks.
You're forgetting that the democrats also love the tax code, vote for it, and use it against the opposition. Is that deliberate?

If the IRS came back and said you did not file in 2013 and 2015, could you prove that you did?
That is one reason why I use tax attorneys to do my taxes. They keep all the records (as well as me doing it) and will go with me to an audit. Sure, they cost me some money every year, but when their name is on the line as well as mine, they tend to dot the i's and cross the t's. Of course, I'm not filing the 1040EZ form every year either.

I've been audited several times, since I file a W-2G many years. I've never had any hassles with the IRS making false claims. In courts they still have the burden of proof. A couple of years they even showed they owed me money after the audit was done. I ended up owing money one time; I read the wrong bracket line up from the right one, lol.

It's boring and takes up time, but they don't simply run around grabbing stuff for no reason, unless of course you're a moron who believes some stupid shit they heard on talk radio or read at Freeperville and then tried to get away with some nonsense or other.

Claiming employees are 'sub-contractors' is a big favorite with morons.

If the IRS came back and said you did not file in 2013 and 2015, could you prove that you did?

Period of Limitations that apply to income tax returns​

1. Keep records for 3 years if situations (4), (5), and (6) below do not apply to you.
  2. Keep records for 3 years from the date you filed your original return or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later, if you file a claim for credit or refund after you file your return.
  3. Keep records for 7 years if you file a claim for a loss from worthless securities or bad debt deduction.
  4. Keep records for 6 years if you do not report income that you should report, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on your return.
  5. Keep records indefinitely if you do not file a return.
  6. Keep records indefinitely if you file a fraudulent return.
  7. Keep employment tax records for at least 4 years after the date that the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later.
How long should I keep records? | Internal Revenue Service

That is one reason why I use tax attorneys to do my taxes. They keep all the records (as well as me doing it) and will go with me to an audit. Sure, they cost me some money every year, but when their name is on the line as well as mine, they tend to dot the i's and cross the t's. Of course, I'm not filing the 1040EZ form every year either.

We have started doing that after this battle with the IRS started. We also hired a different lawyer for the battle with the IRS.

I was able to find all 3 returns they said we did not file, two of the 3 we got money back. The one we did not they cashed my check and I have a copy of the cashed chekc.

Everything has been sent to the IRS but we waited 11 months for them to even start looking at what we sent.

My wife works for the VA and you cannot work for the Fed Govt and be in default on things like back taxes so we had to agree to a payment plan on what they say we owe till they finish our case, been paying more than 400 bucks for 2 years now.

Complete bullshit.

Period of Limitations that apply to income tax returns​

1. Keep records for 3 years if situations (4), (5), and (6) below do not apply to you.
  2. Keep records for 3 years from the date you filed your original return or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later, if you file a claim for credit or refund after you file your return.
  3. Keep records for 7 years if you file a claim for a loss from worthless securities or bad debt deduction.
  4. Keep records for 6 years if you do not report income that you should report, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on your return.
  5. Keep records indefinitely if you do not file a return.
  6. Keep records indefinitely if you file a fraudulent return.
  7. Keep employment tax records for at least 4 years after the date that the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later.
How long should I keep records? | Internal Revenue Service

Yes, I know. But the poster claims he throws them away each year.

Meh. I have been audited twice. All I had to do was provide the backup documentation for deductions I took. Easy. I ended up owing less than $500 the most recent time due to some random account that likely didnt send me my interest tax form to my new address.

Forum List

Back