Biden ‘Under Investigation’ By GAO For Halting Billions Of Dollars To Finish Border Wall, Report Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't T**** do the same thing when he abused the laws to take funding from the military and bypass Congress in order to build it, too?

Using discretionary funds is not abusing the 'laws'.

Yes it is.

Clause 7. No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

APPROPRIATIONS
The restriction on drawing money from the Treasury “was intended as a restriction upon the disbursing authority of the Executive department,” and “means simply that no money can be paid out of the Treasury unless it has been appropriated by an act of Congress.”

The Pentagon — not Mexico — will again be paying for the construction of President Donald Trump’s wall on the US’s southern border, to the tune of $7.2 billion in 2020.

According to a Washington Post report, the White House will use last year’s national emergency declaration to pull $3.5 billion from military counter-drug enforcement, up significantly from the $2.5 billion taken from the same program in 2019. An additional $3.2 billion will be taken from Department of Defense construction projects for additional fencing projects. The number is more than five times the amount allocated to barrier construction by Congress for 2020.
www.vox.com › 2020/1/14 › 21065352

That $$$ was appropriated by congress.

No, really?

Screw WaPo and Vox - show me the bills.

Why did OldLady Thumb up the following post.

Concerned American said the same dam thing I posted!

Hypocrite.
Didn't T**** do the same thing when he abused the laws to take funding from the military and bypass Congress in order to build it, too?
That move was within the POTUS powers of discretion--it was viewed as defense. This money has already been party to contract--the current WH squatter can't unilaterally cancel the contract, penalties.

There are no bills, it's in the constitution.

Article I, section 9, clause 7 of the U.S. Constitution states that "No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law..." This is what gives Congress the power to make these appropriations.
Trump didn't appropriate the money. He reassigned some that had already be appropriated. He did it with approval from the federal courts.
We'll see what the Supreme Court says about that.
I think the SCOTUS was the last to hear then case. Perhaps you should keep up with the news as it happens. I remembered when this happened.

Supreme Court rules Trump can use military funds for border wall construction
I guess we're both right
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court agreed Wednesday to put off arguments in a pair of highly charged immigration cases left over from Donald Trump’s presidency,the latest indication of how the court is adjusting to a post-Trump world.
Acting Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar had requested the nation’s highest court cancel oral arguments scheduled in coming weeks for a case involving funding for Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexican border, as well as a case centered on Trump's controversial asylum policy.

Yes it is.

Clause 7. No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

APPROPRIATIONS
The restriction on drawing money from the Treasury “was intended as a restriction upon the disbursing authority of the Executive department,” and “means simply that no money can be paid out of the Treasury unless it has been appropriated by an act of Congress.”

The Pentagon — not Mexico — will again be paying for the construction of President Donald Trump’s wall on the US’s southern border, to the tune of $7.2 billion in 2020.

According to a Washington Post report, the White House will use last year’s national emergency declaration to pull $3.5 billion from military counter-drug enforcement, up significantly from the $2.5 billion taken from the same program in 2019. An additional $3.2 billion will be taken from Department of Defense construction projects for additional fencing projects. The number is more than five times the amount allocated to barrier construction by Congress for 2020.

No, really?

Hypocrite.
That move was within the POTUS powers of discretion--it was viewed as defense. This money has already been party to contract--the current WH squatter can't unilaterally cancel the contract, penalties.

Article I, section 9, clause 7 of the U.S. Constitution states that "No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law..." This is what gives Congress the power to make these appropriations.
Trump didn't appropriate the money. He reassigned some that had already be appropriated. He did it with approval from the federal courts.
I think the SCOTUS was the last to hear then case. Perhaps you should keep up with the news as it happens. I remembered when this happened.

I guess we're both right
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court agreed Wednesday to put off arguments in a pair of highly charged immigration cases left over from Donald Trump’s presidency,the latest indication of how the court is adjusting to a post-Trump world.
Acting Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar had requested the nation’s highest court cancel oral arguments scheduled in coming weeks for a case involving funding for Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexican border, as well as a case centered on Trump's controversial asylum policy.

It sounds to me like Biden is requesting a delay because like everything else that is LEGAL, he is unprepared--No solicitor general. SMH--this incompetent POS needs to go.

Yes it is.

APPROPRIATIONS

No, really?

Hypocrite.

I guess we're both right

No, we are not both right. Those are two separate cases. Your statement about just having to wait and see what the SCOTUS says is still stupid. Approval of the funding plan happened in 2019!

This new case (in your linked article) was brought by the Democrats claiming that Trump's funding plan was unconstitutional. THAT is the case that the SCOTUS is not entertaining at this time. It means nothing right now since Biden has stopped the wall construction.

Last edited:
Wait. So Biden is being investigated for not using funds NOT appropriated by Congress?

you really gotta educate yerself & stop being so ignorant just cause it gives you false comfort.

pot/kettle

Your link to cbs news is lame.

Show me the documents.

you too lazy to find them yerself? <pfffft> typical poorly educated trump humper .... he signed it 5 days after being installed.

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/d...ecutive-order-on-border-and-immigration/2300/

you're welcome.

Ahhhh, an EO! Excellent.

Did you read it?

Discretionary funds. :)

bingo.

Appeals court: Trump wrongly diverted $2.5 billion in military construction funds for border wall
Daisy Nguyen, The Associated Press
June 26, 2020

SAN FRANCISCO — A federal appeals court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration in its transfer of $2.5 billion from military construction projects to build sections of the U.S. border wall with Mexico, ruling it illegally sidestepped Congress, which gets to decide how to use the funds.

In two opinions, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a coalition of border states and environmental groups that contended the money transfer was unlawful and that building the wall would pose environmental threats.
Appeals court: Trump wrongly diverted $2.5 billion in military construction funds for border wall

how long b4 meBelle's obligatory reply that the source of
the AP/MILITARY TIMES is not credible either?

MeBelle's informed reply is you copied the portion of the article that suited your needs.

Now for the rest of the story:

The rulings were the latest twist in the legal battle that has largely gone Trump’s way. Last July, the Supreme Court allowed the $2.5 billion to be spent while the litigation continued, blunting the impact of the latest appeals court action.

The administration has already awarded much of the money, including a $1.3-billion job in Arizona that was announced last month. Trump visited Yuma, Arizona, on Tuesday to mark completion of the 200th mile of border wall during his administration, much of it with the transferred military funds that the 9th Circuit panel found illegal.

After the $2.5 billion transfer of military funds, the Pentagon diverted another $3.6 billion that an appeals court in New Orleans ruled in January could be spent.

Associated Press writers Jill Colvin at the White House, Brian Melley in Los Angeles and Elliot Spagat in San Diego contributed to this report.

Makes me think back to what Trump got impeached over when he held back from Ukraine the money congress had allocated. Not much similarity in regards to the charge of using the funds for political blackmail, but its good somebody is keeping an eye on the situation. To do things legally the current congress would at least have to rescind the wall money allocated by the previous congress.

Good grief!

Why did Trump pause funding for Ukraine?

Pause is not the same as withheld - Ukraine got the money before the end of the fiscal year.

they only got the cash, cause that pause was illegal.

GAO: Trump’s hold on Ukraine aid violated budget law
1974 budget law limits presidential authority to prohibit congressionally approved spending
GAO: Trump’s hold on Ukraine aid violated budget law - Roll Call

understand the difference here:

cash approved & allocated by CONGRESS, cannot be paused, halted or diverted to programs etc... by the prez.

whatever $$$ was allocated by CONGRESS to go for that wall ... has to go for that wall.

an EO is additional funding taken from programs etc NOT earmarked for that wall.

same goes for the money allocated by CONGRESS for ukraine.

So, Trump DID sign an EO moving discretionary, not line item, funds around.

And once again you are dishonest by only posting a portion of an OPINION that you agree with, leaving out the rest of the story.

Let me help you:

While the letter freezing the funds was initially signed by Mark Sandy, a career OMB official, it was renewed several times by a political appointee, Michael Duffey, which (anonymous) budget veterans have said is highly unusual. Sandy testified in private before House investigators in November that two (anonymous) OMB officials resigned over the aid holdup, at least in part due to concerns about potential budget law violations.

Ultimately the funds were released on Sept. 12, but the Pentagon still couldn’t obligate $35.2 million of its $250 million fiscal 2019 Ukraine military assistance appropriation in time. Congress had to extend the funds’ availability in a stopgap funding law. The remaining $141.5 million in State Department foreign military financing funds were obligated on time.

Yes it is.

APPROPRIATIONS

No, really?

Hypocrite.

The money had already been appropriated for the dept. of defense. It was determined that southern border security was homeland security. Biden is redirecting money that has already been allotted.

No, it wasn't, it was appropriated for military building construction .

Trump was the one redirecting DOD $$$, Biden just halted it, temporarily.

Dotard redirected DOD $$$from:

$1.8 billion – are to projects at overseas bases. The largest overseas reductions were $119 million for storage warehouses at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany and $87 million for storage at Fairford Royal Air Force Base in the United Kingdom.

$1.1 billion in cuts for U.S. bases include $95 million for an engineering center at the U.S. Military Academy in New York state; nearly $88 million for a pier and maintenance facility in Bangor, Maine; and $85 million for a Reaper-drone operations facility at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.

An additional $687 million in projects were cut in U.S. territories, including 10 in Puerto Rico, eight in Guam and three in the Virgin Islands. The Puerto Rico projects include $80 million for a training-equipment site in Camp Santiago, $64 million for an aircraft hangar in San Juan and $61 million for a school replacement in Punta Borinquen.
www.usatoday.com › story › news

Biden ‘Under Investigation’ By GAO For Halting Billions Of Dollars To Finish Border Wall, Report Says
BREAKING: Biden ‘Under Investigation’ By GAO For Halting Billions Of Dollars To Finish Border Wall, Report Says | The Daily Wire
23 Mar 2021 ~~ By Ryan Saaverda

Democrat President Joe Biden is reportedly “under investigation” for halting billions of dollars in payments that were set to go out to companies that were tasked with finishing President Donald Trump’s southern border wall.
“Now the Government Accountability Office is launching a review to determine whether the new president broke the law by freezing the money in violation of budget rules designed to keep Congress in control of the cash flow,” Politico reported. “The probe highlights the challenge presidents have historically faced in fulfilling campaign promises that require money to be spent — or suspended — at odds with Congress’ intent.”
The report comes as Biden’s border crisis has overwhelmed the U.S.-Mexico border, promoting backlash against Biden from Republicans, Democrats, and even the president of Mexico.
Forty Senate Republicans said in a letter to the Government Accountability Office that in “the weeks that followed” Biden suspending construction of the border wall that “operational control of our southern border was comprised and a humanitarian and national security crisis has ensued.”
~Snip~
The lawmakers wrote:
We are writing to be added as co-requesters of a March 17, 2021 letter, signed by 40 United States Senators, requesting the Government Accountability Office’s investigation and legal opinion on the actions of the Biden Administration to suspend border wall construction and to order a freeze of funds provided by Congress for that purpose, which we believe violated the Impoundment Control Act.
The news comes as the southern border has become overwhelmed under Biden’s leadership after the president reversed numerous policies put in place by the Trump administration. In at least one sector on the U.S. border, the Biden administration has started to release illegal border crossers into the U.S. without scheduling any kind of a court date for the migrants. Recent reports have indicated that there are more than 15,000 unaccompanied minors in U.S. custody, which is nearly twice as high as the previous record. The Washington Post recently highlighted how the Biden administration was repeatedly warned that a crisis would erupt on the border if they undid Trump’s policies—a warning that came from career officials, not just political appointees.

Comment:
In the meantime it's costing $6 million a day for all the equipment lying unused and hundreds of workers unemployed because of a petulant Chyna Joey Xi and his handlers.
Not only is Joey Xi incompetent to stand trial he wasn’t legitimately elected so he can’t be held accountable for any Executive actions he’s taken.
His lawyers have a golden client.
He could allowed the wall to be built as well as the pipeline but he is spineless sellout and the worst kind of American. Maybe we can fight to get both done as this rotting fool wastes away and before giggles the Ho takes over.
What he and his handlers have perpetrated on Americ is something far, far worse than anything Trump ever did. Democrats in their power hungry spree ruin everything.
I said it, and I'll say till the cows come home, that Biden is a national security risk, and should have never been allowed to be president. I have called these things right so many times.

The only national security risk is in Palm Beach, sitting on his fat ass.

Well that man isn't letting thousands of illegals into the country. Many with the Chinese virus. And he sure didn't stop construction on the funded wall.

Guess that leaves your stuttering fuck as the security risk.

As your dear leader is on the phone with Putin?
But RW's as well as the orange, buffoon thinks they are friends.

Yes it is.

APPROPRIATIONS

No, really?

Hypocrite.

No, only redirected it.

you really gotta educate yerself & stop being so ignorant just cause it gives you false comfort.

pot/kettle

Your link to cbs news is lame.

Show me the documents.

you too lazy to find them yerself? <pfffft> typical poorly educated trump humper .... he signed it 5 days after being installed.

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/d...ecutive-order-on-border-and-immigration/2300/

you're welcome.

Ahhhh, an EO! Excellent.

Did you read it?

Discretionary funds. :)

you insisted that there wasn't an EO... because my 'lame' link didn't CONtain it.

i proved you wrong, you little goal post moving deplorable you.....

you're welcome for the reminder.

oh & another reminderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - - -

an EO from the losing previous BLOTUS can be overturned by the winning by 8,000,000 votes prez.

conroy.EXECUTIVE-ORDERS.0210-2.png

:p

Last edited:
Makes me think back to what Trump got impeached over when he held back from Ukraine the money congress had allocated. Not much similarity in regards to the charge of using the funds for political blackmail, but its good somebody is keeping an eye on the situation. To do things legally the current congress would at least have to rescind the wall money allocated by the previous congress.

Good grief!

Why did Trump pause funding for Ukraine?

Pause is not the same as withheld - Ukraine got the money before the end of the fiscal year.

they only got the cash, cause that pause was illegal.

GAO: Trump’s hold on Ukraine aid violated budget law
1974 budget law limits presidential authority to prohibit congressionally approved spending
GAO: Trump’s hold on Ukraine aid violated budget law - Roll Call

understand the difference here:

cash approved & allocated by CONGRESS, cannot be paused, halted or diverted to programs etc... by the prez.

whatever $$$ was allocated by CONGRESS to go for that wall ... has to go for that wall.

an EO is additional funding taken from programs etc NOT earmarked for that wall.

same goes for the money allocated by CONGRESS for ukraine.

So, Trump DID sign an EO moving discretionary, not line item, funds around.

And once again you are dishonest by only posting a portion of an OPINION that you agree with, leaving out the rest of the story.

Let me help you:

While the letter freezing the funds was initially signed by Mark Sandy, a career OMB official, it was renewed several times by a political appointee, Michael Duffey, which (anonymous) budget veterans have said is highly unusual. Sandy testified in private before House investigators in November that two (anonymous) OMB officials resigned over the aid holdup, at least in part due to concerns about potential budget law violations.

Ultimately the funds were released on Sept. 12, but the Pentagon still couldn’t obligate $35.2 million of its $250 million fiscal 2019 Ukraine military assistance appropriation in time. Congress had to extend the funds’ availability in a stopgap funding law. The remaining $141.5 million in State Department foreign military financing funds were obligated on time.

uh-huh. it was released because donny was found to be illegally withholding it from ukraine, since they met all benchmarks in removing corruption from within their gov'ment.

lol ... how did that whole hunter biden / joe biden fake news story work out for donny?

& good to know you care not for the military families needing new housing/schools & mold removal from their existing housing to fund an antiquated means of stopping illegals & drugs coming from the other side of the border.

Yes it is.

APPROPRIATIONS

No, really?

Hypocrite.

The money had already been appropriated for the dept. of defense. It was determined that southern border security was homeland security. Biden is redirecting money that has already been allotted.

No, it wasn't, it was appropriated for military building construction .

Trump was the one redirecting DOD $$$, Biden just halted it, temporarily.

Dotard redirected DOD $$$from:

$1.8 billion – are to projects at overseas bases. The largest overseas reductions were $119 million for storage warehouses at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany and $87 million for storage at Fairford Royal Air Force Base in the United Kingdom.

$1.1 billion in cuts for U.S. bases include $95 million for an engineering center at the U.S. Military Academy in New York state; nearly $88 million for a pier and maintenance facility in Bangor, Maine; and $85 million for a Reaper-drone operations facility at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.

An additional $687 million in projects were cut in U.S. territories, including 10 in Puerto Rico, eight in Guam and three in the Virgin Islands. The Puerto Rico projects include $80 million for a training-equipment site in Camp Santiago, $64 million for an aircraft hangar in San Juan and $61 million for a school replacement in Punta Borinquen.
www.usatoday.com › story › news
You are 100% correct, he did redirect "defense" dollars to other "defense" projects--well within the purview of the POTUS. The border wall IS a "defense" project.

Yes it is.

APPROPRIATIONS

No, really?

Hypocrite.

No, only redirected it.
English is not you best subject, I guess. Reassigned/redirected, symantics.

Biden ‘Under Investigation’ By GAO For Halting Billions Of Dollars To Finish Border Wall

Curious, was one question asked of Joe at his "press conference" anything about the border construction or his being sued for exceeding his authority?

And shouldn't a guy who has been in government half a century already KNOW his limits?

no, brainless, that border, as TRUMP showed AMERICA, is a crisis border. you retarded shit stain demonRATS cried--no it isnt---well guess what, --it is after all. everything TRUMP did, was for AMERICA, not some other shithole like china(beijing xiden)
you dumb fux should be hung, right next to the traitors:
barrag-o
beijing xiden
pig-lousi
upchuck schumer
cum-inme harris
hitlery&pedo bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back