Biden to sign order expanding voting rights on Bloody Sunday anniversary

I mean if you talk to people like this in real life, especially women, they'd never come anywhere near you.

Why? Do women get uncomfortable when Democrat voter fraud is mentioned?
I've never noticed that here, in the heart of Democrat voter fraud.
Go up to anyone in real life and talk to them about how the election was rigged because zombies raised from the grave and rather than feasting on brains they voted for Joe Biden.

Come back and report on how things are going. 'Ya whackjob.
All we have to do is mention Chicago and they laugh and agree

The Dems, including Joe Biden, overwhelming supported and made it law to require Voter ID for first time voters in Federal elections. Why are Dems now against providing ID?

I mean if you talk to people like this in real life, especially women, they'd never come anywhere near you.

Why? Do women get uncomfortable when Democrat voter fraud is mentioned?
I've never noticed that here, in the heart of Democrat voter fraud.
Go up to anyone in real life and talk to them about how the election was rigged because zombies raised from the grave and rather than feasting on brains they voted for Joe Biden.

Come back and report on how things are going. 'Ya whackjob.

I realize you're a whiney twat, but here in Chicago, Democrat voter fraud is a Democrat tradition.

Requiring an ID is fine of it's easy to obtain and is free. The problem is that the state makes it difficult to obtain and it's not free. If the state is going to require ID to vote then the state better make it free
What does it mean difficult to obtain? If I want to vote in an upcoming elections and want to get an ID, what am I required to do? And how much will it cost?

Most states will give a free or at most a few $$$ ID to poor people.

You need ID to buy alcohol, enter federal buildings, to fly, etc., etc., etc.

That's so weird then that the constitution mentions the right to vote more than any other right. :rolleyes:

:linky:

Here's two for ya.

And they are incorrect in conclusion.

The 'right' to vote is not in the original constitution but then again slavery was so the original constitution is not really relevant to the constitution as it stands today considering it has been amended 17 times.

It is in those 17 amendments, which change the writing or add to the constitution itself, that the right to vote is enumerated. Ergo, the right to vote is, indeed, in the constitution. That is a hard fact.

I would agree that it was not exactly a good move to classify voting as a right. I disagree with the sentiment that it is a right as it does not resemble any other right in any functional way. Nor is it a privilege, that is certainly the wrong term for it. The government should not have the power to decide if you should be extended the privilege to vote like it decides to extend the privilege of driving as that would give government direct control over who controls government's future growth and power. Who do you think the government is going to extend that privilege to? Those that want to keep it small and limit its powers? Of course not.

The best way to think of voting is as a responsibility. A responsibility we have a citizens and that includes the responsibility to understand what, who and why you are voting for a particular office holder rather than simply cheering for one team or the other. Somehow it has become okay to vote in total utter ignorance to the point people take pride in voting when they haven't spent 10 minuets examining who they are actually voting for.

I can't agree with Biden more on this.

Closing voting places, only putting one or two voting machines in voting places, moving voting places to areas people can't get to, purging legal voters from the voting rolls, reducing the days to vote and not allowing voting on Sundays and so much more is only meant to suppress the vote in certain areas.

None of those things does anything to stop illegal voting.

Requiring an ID is fine of it's easy to obtain and is free. The problem is that the state makes it difficult to obtain and it's not free. If the state is going to require ID to vote then the state better make it free.

Anything beyond requiring proof of qualifying to vote is nothing but voter suppression.

I hope that we can get as many legal voters to the polls as possible. Democracy doesn't work if people don't vote.

It’s unfortunate such an order is necessary.

But conservatives are determined to suppress the right to vote and disenfranchise minority voters.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility to the right to vote is understandable – when voter turnout is high, Republican candidates tend to lose.

Suppressing the right to vote and disenfranchising minority voters is the only way Republicans can reinstate and maintain their minority rule.

If there is no ID required to register to vote, then what stops people from registering under an unlimited number of names?
If an ID is required to register to vote, then why doesn't the person have that same ID when they got cast their ballot?
Democrats are Liars and Cheaters who use RACE as their shield.
Yep. They are too stupid to know it though.

Closing voting places, only putting one or two voting machines in voting places, moving voting places to areas people can't get to, purging legal voters from the voting rolls, reducing the days to vote and not allowing voting on Sundays and so much more is only meant to suppress the vote in certain areas.

Requiring an ID is fine of it's easy to obtain and is free. The problem is that the state makes it difficult to obtain and it's not free. If the state is going to require ID to vote then the state better make it free.

Anything beyond requiring proof of qualifying to vote is nothing but voter suppression.

I hope that we can get as many legal voters to the polls as possible. Democracy doesn't work if people don't vote.

It’s unfortunate such an order is necessary.

But conservatives are determined to suppress the right to vote and disenfranchise minority voters.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility to the right to vote is understandable – when voter turnout is high, Republican candidates tend to lose.

Suppressing the right to vote and disenfranchising minority voters is the only way Republicans can reinstate and maintain their minority rule.

That's very true. Which is why republicans have worked so hard to prevent very large portion of our population from voting.

The lie about voter fraud seriously needs to stop.

None of the so called reforms that the republicans have implement do anything to prevent fraudulent voting.

What states charge for an ID. I'll wait.

BTW Voting is a privilege and not a right.
That's so weird then that the constitution mentions the right to vote more than any other right. :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean back in the early days of out country where only people with property were allowed to vote? Blacks could not vote? Women could not vote?

Yes and? They didn't have the right to free speech or to bear arms either. Again, and?

Why not?

Red state AGs are Already lining up to taken it to court. They know expanded voting makes it impossible for republicans to win.

What states charge for an ID. I'll wait.
Costs $22 here in Kansas.

The title is misleading. The main goal for this EO is voters registration. It has little to do with voting access.

BTW Voting is a privilege and not a right.

Oh, you mean back in the early days of out country where only people with property were allowed to vote? Blacks could not vote? Women could not vote?

Yes and? They didn't have the right to free speech or to bear arms either. Again, and?

Why not?
If you don't know, I hope you teach math...

Forum List

Back