Biden test-drives an electric Ford pickup truck

batteries in Teslas for example have 300,000-500,000 mile life expectancy.
Tesla's Model 3 has had some of strongest resell values in the market for years now.
............... :link: ............
It is not "battery life". It is recharging cycles and that is what will limit the life expectancy of these stupid Environmental Wacko batteries.

Friends bought a Ford Fusion hybrid. They have had nothing but trouble with it. It seems like it has been in the shop for every month they had it. They want to get an new car but the trade in on it is terrible. Nobody wants to buy a used electric vehicle.

These electric cars are an Environmental Wacko's wet dream but the reality is much different.

There are not enough rare earth materials to supply the production of batteries necessary for the fantasy future they think. Once the very dirty secret about lithium battery production becomes more widely known your going to see a collective WTF. Until some type of revolutionary battery technology is developed, electric cars will be stuck in the same shit show that solar panels and wind turbines exist in.

Electric vehicle owners are going to have a rude shock a few years down the line when they want to sell it.
Because people aren't going to buy a used EV knowing that very soon it's gonna need its expensive batteries replaced.
Tesla estimates complete battery pack replacement will be around $20,000
Used car lots will be full of EV's being sold for pennies on the dollar. ... :cool:

An EV without fresh new batteries is like a cordless drill without a battery pack-- -- a useless shell. That $20,000 battery replacement fee would pay for well over 700 tanks of gas in my car taking me easily over 214,000 miles, enough to drive around the Earth's equator 9 times.

The TRAGEDY of EV cars is that I'm not about to drive that far in my life, I pay for my driving as I go, one tank at a time, but with an EV, I must pay for it all up front whether I need or can use it or not!

I have some personal ties to carbon fuel, but even aside from that I'm in no hurry to dump gas. A 150 hp Jetta gets a combined 34mpg. I've got a nearly 20 year old Lexus ES with 170K, and I'm still getting 25. Get over it already

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
Electric cars have high torque. But what about the toxic batteries? Why dont leftists care about the environment

The toxic batteries are only part of the problem.
Not only does electricity mostly come from coal, but it is so inefficient to generate electricity, transmit it, store it in a battery, retrieve it from the battery, etc., that you have to generate 3 times as much as you actually get use out of.
The cleanest is still bio-diesel.

No, because bio diesel STILL uses fossil fuel in its creation.
Apparently old Joe can still drive a car. Good for him. The family hasn’t taken away the keys just yet.
I would still give him plenty of space when he gets behind the wheel. Electrics have high torque and accelerate very fast. Old people and electrics dont mix well

I can see how elec has applications. IF Biden wants a photo op, fine. But he's a corvette guy deep down. Elec is totally uneconomical for me. I drive less than 400 miles most months. IF you live in most urban areas (not LA which is just a mistake) that have not been taken over by criminals whom the cops are acutally afraid of, mass transit is an option that would be much cheaper if the govt actually put in a fraction of what elec will cost.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
Electric cars have high torque. But what about the toxic batteries? Why dont leftists care about the environment

The toxic batteries are only part of the problem.
Not only does electricity mostly come from coal, but it is so inefficient to generate electricity, transmit it, store it in a battery, retrieve it from the battery, etc., that you have to generate 3 times as much as you actually get use out of.
The cleanest is still bio-diesel.
Not an advocate for electric but you are wrong on many things.

Internal combustion engines are VERY inefficient.

Coal fired plants and cleaner gas powerplants are very efficient in converting hydrocarbons to electricity. They can also clean their "exhaust" MUCH easier than an ICE.

And batteries and electric motors are nearly 100% efficient in converting electricity into movement

OHHHHSHIT!!!

It wasn't even Biden who drove the truck! That prototype had two steering wheels and a Secret Service agent was driving it.

OMFGWTF??? What a fucking fraud of a "President"

:laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::lmao::21:

erWiAS1x.png

g8a4rYc.jpg

ScMf5DM.jpg

83VJols.jpg

View attachment 491118

View attachment 491119

View attachment 491120
Biden has 3 arms!

Is everything this man does a fraud?

I can see how elec has applications. IF Biden wants a photo op, fine. But he's a corvette guy deep down. Elec is totally uneconomical for me. I drive less than 400 miles most months. IF you live in most urban areas (not LA which is just a mistake) that have not been taken over by criminals whom the cops are acutally afraid of, mass transit is an option that would be much cheaper if the govt actually put in a fraction of what elec will cost.
Biden owns a truck and drives it frequently.
What was impressive is that for someone who supposedly has dementia, he insisted that rather than a photo-op behind the wheel or a spin around the parking lot he took it on the test track and checked the acceleration and drove at high speed.

Impressive after a president who hasn’t driven anything more complex than a golf cart in 30 years

What was impressive is that for someone who supposedly has dementia, he insisted that rather than a photo-op behind the wheel or a spin around the parking lot he took it on the test track and checked the acceleration and drove at high speed.

Impressive after a president who hasn’t driven anything more complex than a golf cart in 30 years
can you prove that??

I've got a nearly 20 year old Lexus ES with 170K, and I'm still getting 25. Get over it already
I've got an older LS430. Averages about 17 mpg and I happily drive it everywhere in my contribution to global cooling/warming/climate disruption.
I appreciate your efforts to warm up this mostly cold planet. I get about 6 to 7 months of decent weather here in Michigan

You apparently choose to ignore the photos

Forum List

Back