Biden ‘sick and tired’ of brinksmanship after Congress narrowly avoids shutdown

Democrats want to keep the spending levels at COVID levels. They NEVER concede a dime. What a bunch of idiots.

On that note, Congress , all of them, should implement business rules when creating a budget. The idea that we start from the previous budget instead of 0 is our biggest problem.
What "dimes" would you like to concede? Let's remove funding for Ukraine from the equation for the moment.

Quiz. What are the three biggest areas of expenditures in the budget currently?

Biden ‘sick and tired’ of brinksmanship after

Congress narrowly avoids shutdown

1 Oct 2023 ~~ By Brett Samuels

President Biden on Sunday expressed exasperation with Republicans in Congress after lawmakers narrowly averted a government shutdown and said he hoped the drama of the last few weeks has led Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to a “personal revelation.”
“Folks, the truth is we shouldn’t have gotten here in the first place. It’s time to end governing by crisis and keep your word when you give it in the Congress,” Biden said at the White House after signing a temporary government funding bill late Saturday.
Biden referred to the near-government shutdown as a “manufactured crisis” caused by Republicans refusing to honor an agreement struck with the White House in May that outlined spending levels as part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling.
“I’m sick and tired of the brinksmanship. And so are the American people,” Biden said. “I’ve been doing this, you all point it out to me a lot, a long time. I’ve never quite seen a Republican Congress or any Congress act like this.”
~Snip~
Biden on Sunday urged lawmakers to maintain America’s commitment to assisting Ukraine, which has received billions of dollars in military and financial support since Russia launched an unprovoked invasion in early 2022.

Commentary:
Flashback: Back in the day, Joe Biden as Senator had no problem when it came to blocking raising the debt limit under a GOP president.
Funny when the shoe is on the other foot how Democrats dringe and whine.
**********​
I have to hand it to them. They are experts at doing the very same thing they claim the other side is doing.

Democrats want to keep the spending levels at COVID levels. They NEVER concede a dime. What a bunch of idiots.
Strange...when your blob signed a debt ceiling increase on 9/8/2017,

The GOP controlled the House. How did the Democrats do anything?
On that note, Congress , all of them, should implement business rules when creating a budget. The idea that we start from the previous budget instead of 0 is our biggest problem.
An odd good point. I’m surprised someone smarter than you never came up with it.

Oh wait...I did.

with a zero based budgeting cycle every 2, 5, or 10 years (take your pick) as to where each expenditure over $1,000,000 is itemized and voted on by Congress.

What "dimes" would you like to concede? Let's remove funding for Ukraine from the equation for the moment.

Quiz. What are the three biggest areas of expenditures in the budget currently?

Medicare, Social Security
Strange...when your blob signed a debt ceiling increase on 9/8/2017,

The GOP controlled the House. How did the Democrats do anything?

An odd good point. I’m surprised someone smarter than you never came up with it.

Oh wait...I did.

Neat, I have always believed in zero based budgeting. Neither party is much interested.

GOP national sales tax talk backfires, as Dems see political gold: “I believe it would cause the next Great Depression if we impose it," says Schumer

Forum List

Back