Biden says US to carry out airdrops of aid into Gaza in coming days

People are starving to death.

At this point, Gaza is in devastation and virtually uninhabitable. Over 30,000, mostly civilians are dead. Thousands more buried under the rubble. 80% of the population is displaced, 70% of their buildings destroyed or damaged. Thousands, many of them children, are injured, often horrifically: blast injuries, severe burns, blown off limbs….many with no remaining family to claim. They do not deserve this any more than the Israeli victims deserved what Hamas did to them.

Enough. What has been done to Gaza is now far in excess of what Hamas did.

That's awful!
Why won't Hamas end the suffering and surrender?

That's awful!
Why won't Hamas end the suffering and surrender?
You notice she doesn’t mention a word about what the Jews suffered, and are still suffering? I’d much rather starve to death than be raped to death while my breasts are sliced off, or baked in an oven, or have my head sawed off with a shovel.

It’s not just about the numbers. The barbarism and subhuman savagery committed by HAMAS is unfathomable, but you answered my question.

IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT NUMBERS! At some the sheer amount of death and destruction on civilians becomes as barbaric as the crimes on civilians that instigated this war. Do you support this savagery??

You think the Jews should let up in HAMAS, even if it means they will regroup and continue to massacre Jews.

I think it is long past time to switch to a different, more targeted approach going after the leaders and those who actually committed the atrocities.

IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT NUMBERS! At some the sheer amount of death and destruction on civilians becomes as barbaric as the crimes on civilians that instigated this war. Do you support this savagery??

I think it is long past time to switch to a different, more targeted approach going after the leaders and those who actually committed the atrocities.
No, it’s not about the numbers. And the Jews will not resort to the savagery of the Muslims.

And how is this “targeted approach” supposed to occur when the subhumans are hiding behind their children and women? And refusing to let them leave? It’s so easy for you to stand on your podium of superiority and make these proclamations.

This is all the fault of the Muslim terrorists, and you should be demanding that the hostages be released.

That you think that the Muslim civilian causalities - as happens in every war - are equivalent to Muslims intentionally hunting down and toruting Jews to death via burning them alive, sawing their heads off, raping them to death, and shooting them into their vagina is driven by your double standards and hostility to Jews.

That’s the Democrat Party of today: defending illegal lowlifes, criminal thugs, and terrorists and their supporters, and condemning or demeaning law-abiding citizens and Jews.

You don't think Israel's approach is targeted?
How many bombs have they dropped?

You notice she doesn’t mention a word about what the Jews suffered, and are still suffering? I’d much rather starve to death than be raped to death while my breasts are sliced off, or baked in an oven, or have my head sawed off with a shovel.
Gee..I wonder why you never cared when women, girls, boys and infants were so brutally raped with implements never meant to be inserted in human cavities…and either died or suffered through drastic life altering surgery to put them back together again. That occurred and continues to occur in the Congo Civil War. Or not a word when the Buddhists in Myanmar killing the Rohinga, burning entire families live in their homes, gang raping and mutilating women, and throwing babies into bonfires. I don’t hear you calling for bombs and and starvation against not just the perpetrators but the entire population. Horrific things are done in conflict by people who can’t even be called human anymore.

To say you’d rather starve is spoken from a point of privelege. It is not a choice you will ever have to make. It is unlikely you will ever have to watch your children die of hunger and malnutrition or be ripped apart by bombs or buried beneath rubble.

The Israeli’s civilians (and you seem to ignore that it wasn’t only Jews btw) who were killed, tortured and kidnapped…they didn’t deserve it. Nor did those who’ve had to flee their homes and are now in limbo, unable to return, tbey didn’t deserve it either. And neither did the Palestinians.

That you think that the Muslim civilian causalities - as happens in every war - are equivalent to Muslims intentionally hunting down and toruting Jews to death via burning them alive, sawing their heads off, raping them to death, and shooting them into their vagina is driven by your double standards and hostility to Jews.

That’s the Democrat Party of today: defending illegal lowlifes, criminal thugs, and terrorists and their supporters, and condemning or demeaning law-abiding citizens and Jews.
Well…that is a different spin on things. So you break humanity down by religious affinity and assign a value on their lives based on that.

Well…that is a different spin on things. So you break humanity down by religious affinity and assign a value on their lives based on that.
Sorry, can’t deal with your crap anymore - especially after this last accusation. You’re such a tyoical liberal, and a perfect example as to why I switched sides.

People are starving to death.

At this point, Gaza is in devastation and virtually uninhabitable. Over 30,000, mostly civilians are dead. Thousands more buried under the rubble. 80% of the population is displaced, 70% of their buildings destroyed or damaged. Thousands, many of them children, are injured, often horrifically: blast injuries, severe burns, blown off limbs….many with no remaining family to claim. They do not deserve this any more than the Israeli victims deserved what Hamas did to them.

Enough. What has been done to Gaza is now far in excess of what Hamas did.
In fact, they are not starving to death, although there are apparently severe shortages.

The two tasks, destroying Hamas and providing more aid, are not mutually exclusive. Gaza has no future and the Palestinians have no future unless Hamas and the other terrorist groups are destroyed, and that will take some time, but in order for Israel to do this, the IDF must take Rafah and in order to take Rafah, the IDF will have to evacuate civilians to the north and in order to do that the IDF will have to organize aid corridors in the north.

Hamas intentionally targeted civilians, the IDF tries to avoid killing civilians while targeting the Hamas terrorists hiding behind the civilians.

Ya…I mean why on earth weren’t the Palestinian civilians planning for a day after, squeezed between Hamas and the Israeli’s…. while running from bombs, pulling survivors from the rubble, burying their children, scavenging scarce medical supplies to treat the wounded, trying find food and water.
So answer the question,, why didn't they prepare for these things before launching the Oct 7 attack?

You don't think Israel's approach is targeted?
How many bombs have they dropped?
As of….mid December…

The war in the Gaza Strip is generating destruction comparable in scale to the most devastating urban warfare in the modern record. By mid-December, Israel had dropped 29,000 bombs, munitions and shells on the strip. Nearly 70% of Gaza's 439,000 homes and about half of its buildings have been damaged or destroyed.

It isn’t just “how many” but what kind. These are not targeted, quite the opposite.

In the first month of its war in Gaza, Israel dropped hundreds of massive bombs, many of them capable of killing or wounding people more than 1,000 feet away, analysis by CNN and artificial intelligence company Synthetaic suggests.

Satellite imagery from those early days of the war reveals more than 500 impact craters over 12 meters (40 feet) in diameter, consistent with those left behind by 2,000-pound bombs. Those are four times heavier than the largest bombs the United States dropped on ISIS in Mosul, Iraq, during the war against the extremist group there.

Weapons and warfare experts blame the extensive use of heavy munitions such as the 2,000-pound bomb for the soaring death toll. The population of Gaza is packed together much more tightly than almost anywhere else on earth, so the use of such heavy munitions has a profound effect.
In fact, they are not starving to death, although there are apparently severe shortages.

There are already reports of at least one baby that died and children and pregnant women showing signs of starvation.

The two tasks, destroying Hamas and providing more aid, are not mutually exclusive. Gaza has no future and the Palestinians have no future unless Hamas and the other terrorist groups are destroyed, and that will take some time, but in order for Israel to do this, the IDF must take Rafah and in order to take Rafah, the IDF will have to evacuate civilians to the north and in order to do that the IDF will have to organize aid corridors in the north.
They shouldn’t be mutually exclusive but they don’t seem to be happening.

So answer the question,, why didn't they prepare for these things before launching the Oct 7 attack?
Who do you mean by “they”? Palestinians or Hamas?

Hamas doesn’t care what happens to the population it controls.

Hamas intentionally targeted civilians, the IDF tries to avoid killing civilians while targeting the Hamas terrorists hiding behind the civilians.
Re the IDF: That is the mantra and historically I believe that has mostly been true. In this particular conflict though, I question it.

Who do you mean by “they”? Palestinians or Hamas?

Hamas doesn’t care what happens to the population it controls.
The polls of Palestinians after the Oct 7 attack but before the ground operation showed there was little difference between Hamas and the general population of Palestinians with regard to the attack. The entire Palestinian identity is based on trying to destroy Israel. Hamas is the voice of the Palestinian people.

The polls of Palestinians after the Oct 7 attack but before the ground operation showed there was little difference between Hamas and the general population of Palestinians with regard to the attack. The entire Palestinian identity is based on trying to destroy Israel. Hamas is the voice of the Palestinian people.

There were no polls taken between the October 7 attack by Hamas and Israel’s response which began almost immediately after. Not that I’m aware of.

Prior to that Hamas was not that popular.

Forum List

Back