Biden says he rejects findings of Army report on Afghanistan

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
You leftists, before you discount the report you need to bear in mind that the active duty officers involved testified under oath....Lying is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

President Biden
on Thursday said he rejected the accounts and findings of an Army investigative report in which military officials reportedly criticized Biden administration officials for failing to grasp the situation in Afghanistan as U.S. forces withdrew.

Asked about the report during an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt on Thursday, Biden said that it didn’t square with his impression of the administration's handling of the withdrawal.

“No, that’s not that I was told,” Biden said when asked if the details of the investigation, which was reported by The Washington Post, rang true to him. “There was no good time to get out, but if we had not gotten out, they acknowledged we would have had to put a hell of a lot more troops back in.”

Asked if he was rejecting the accounts or conclusions of the report, Biden replied, “Yes, I am, I am rejecting them,” he said.

The Army failed to get us out in 20 years and failed in their efforts to build an Afghan Army capable of defending themselves

You leftists, before you discount the report you need to bear in mind that the active duty officers involved testified under oath....Lying is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

President Biden on Thursday said he rejected the accounts and findings of an Army investigative report in which military officials reportedly criticized Biden administration officials for failing to grasp the situation in Afghanistan as U.S. forces withdrew.
It's not a case of accusing anybody of lying, it's Biden disagreeing with their opinion that is politically motivated.

There's just no way the evacuation was anything other than the greatest successful evacuation of a defeated force in history.

Is there a better example?

And as for the Taliban's taking over government?
Are rightist Americans suggesting another whole new war starting at zero accomplishments against the Taliban.

You all need some more imaginative way of twisting the truth to suit the facts!

President Biden on Thursday said he rejected the accounts and findings of an Army investigative report in which military officials reportedly criticized Biden administration officials for failing to grasp the situation in Afghanistan as U.S. forces withdrew.

Asked about the report during an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt on Thursday, Biden said that it didn’t square with his impression of the administration's handling of the withdrawal.

“No, that’s not that I was told,” Biden said when asked if the details of the investigation, which was reported by The Washington Post, rang true to him. “There was no good time to get out, but if we had not gotten out, they acknowledged we would have had to put a hell of a lot more troops back in.”

Asked if he was rejecting the accounts or conclusions of the report, Biden replied, “Yes, I am, I am rejecting them,” he said.

Biden is an idiot.

Where is the Armies report on the post election conduct of the previous administration with regards to troop withdrawal not only in Afghanistan but Germany, Iraq, Somalia.

John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

1. Get us out of Afghanistan.

2. Get us out of Iraq and Syria.

3. Complete the withdrawal from Germany.

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

As head of the powerful Presidential Personnel Office, McEntee had Trump's ear. Even so, Macgregor was astonished. He told McEntee he doubted they could do all of these things before Jan. 20.

"Then do as much as you can," McEntee replied.

In Macgregor's opinion, Miller probably couldn't act on his own authority to execute a total withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Afghanistan because he was serving in an acting capacity. If this was for real, Macgregor told McEntee, then it was going to need an order from the president.

The one-page memo was delivered by courier to Christopher Miller's office two days later, on the afternoon of Nov. 11.

Where is the Armies report on the post election conduct of the previous administration with regards to troop withdrawal not only in Afghanistan but Germany, Iraq, Somalia.

John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

1. Get us out of Afghanistan.

2. Get us out of Iraq and Syria.

3. Complete the withdrawal from Germany.

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

As head of the powerful Presidential Personnel Office, McEntee had Trump's ear. Even so, Macgregor was astonished. He told McEntee he doubted they could do all of these things before Jan. 20.

"Then do as much as you can," McEntee replied.

In Macgregor's opinion, Miller probably couldn't act on his own authority to execute a total withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Afghanistan because he was serving in an acting capacity. If this was for real, Macgregor told McEntee, then it was going to need an order from the president.

The one-page memo was delivered by courier to Christopher Miller's office two days later, on the afternoon of Nov. 11.
Admirable ambitions on Trump's part at first glance at least. But nothing accomplished.

And the amazing depth of the hypocrisy for nothing but his own personal political gain.

If there ever was a reason for a firing squad?

Thank you. That was very enlightening information!

It's not a case of accusing anybody of lying, it's Biden disagreeing with their opinion that is politically motivated.

There's just no way the evacuation was anything other than the greatest successful evacuation of a defeated force in history.

Is there a better example?

And as for the Taliban's taking over government?
Are rightist Americans suggesting another whole new war starting at zero accomplishments against the Taliban.

You all need some more imaginative way of twisting the truth to suit the facts!
Grumpy old clown says I just reject what my experts say and that's that!

And then the minions and assorted underlings stand back and smile and applaud.

And after the Afghanistan fiasco that's how a nation loses it's ability to deal with subpar leadership.

The report was obviously put together by the Deep (Red) State to embarrass Biden. You can't trust those government types, if the FBI is untrustworthy why not the military?

Xi gave Milley and Austin complete instructions on how to Unconditionally Surrender Afghanistan to the Taliban and we followed it perfectly!

That which becomes obvious is that Trump had a lot of interest in getting out of Afghanistan before the election, but no interest after.

Thus my comment on a firing squad!

Perhaps the greatest display of hypocrisy in America ever, and by a president!
Trump pledged from day one to get out of Afghanistan
I supported him on closing it out

By the time he left office, we were down to 2500 troops and had a deal in place with the Taliban to not attack us

That is what Biden walked in to
He could have put soldiers back in but the Afghan Army was unwilling to fight regardless of what he did.
Biden carried through on Trumps plan and we got out.

Wasn‘t pretty but after 20 years we got out

Forum List

Back