Biden promises lower gas prices

As we are discussing, inflation. Gasoline and diesel more than affordable, natural gas the same thing, the border was much more secure than it is today, last year we had over 100,000 Americans die from OD's, mostly fentanyl that's leaving China and being delivered by the drug lords through that southern border. Everything was better under Trump. Interest rates that fed the new housing market, affordable rents, everything.
Inflation wasn’t an issue during the heart of COVID because the economy came to a stand still. The decision needed to be made to either prop it up with stimulus funding, which would cause inflation down the line or risk a massive wave of bankruptcies, defaults, and unemployment that could have sent us into a depression. Depressions have very serious and long lasting impacts. You understand that don’t you?

Inflation wasn’t an issue during the heart of COVID because the economy came to a stand still. The decision needed to be made to either prop it up with stimulus funding, which would cause inflation down the line or risk a massive wave of bankruptcies, defaults, and unemployment that could have sent us into a depression. Depressions have very serious and long lasting impacts. You understand that don’t you?

That's such a cop out. When the vaccines started to be administered companies and businesses were opening back up. The extended unemployment was passed in March where there were job openings all over the place. It served no purpose other than vote buying. That's why we had unemployment additions all the way into last September when the labor shortage was more than a ongoing problem.

As I stated earlier, companies then had to compete with government to attract workers. The only way to do that was to offer much higher pay.

That's such a cop out. When the vaccines started to be administered companies and businesses were opening back up. The extended unemployment was passed in March where there were job openings all over the place. It served no purpose other than vote buying. That's why we had unemployment additions all the way into last September when the labor shortage was more than a ongoing problem.

As I stated earlier, companies then had to compete with government to attract workers. The only way to do that was to offer much higher pay.
Again you can make your case that the extensions and extra stimulus were not necessary and contributed to the inflation that we are experiencing. They absolutely did. But so did spending and programs under Trump. The hacks just cant admit to that simple fact

Again you can make your case that the extensions and extra stimulus were not necessary and contributed to the inflation that we are experiencing. They absolutely did. But so did spending and programs under Trump. The hacks just cant admit to that simple fact

What don't you understand about how our government works? Trump can't spend anything, all he can do is allow the Democrat spending to take place which is what he did. The last bill Trump signed by the Democrats he was under pressure of a government shutdown. Now, who does the MSM always blame for government shutdowns, the Republicans?

What don't you understand about how our government works? Trump can't spend anything, all he can do is allow the Democrat spending to take place which is what he did. The last bill Trump signed by the Democrats he was under pressure of a government shutdown. Now, who does the MSM always blame for government shutdowns, the Republicans?

Oh, Trump can’t spend. Gotchya. No more blaming Biden then. Right?

It's a little different when your party is leading the House. They are much more likely to adhere to your ideas than an adversary President.
Haha, oh I see. And that’s why it is all Bidens fault and not Trumps. You think that’s a clever argument?

Haha, oh I see. And that’s why it is all Bidens fault and not Trumps. You think that’s a clever argument?

It's not clever it's how it actually works. When Trump asked for a few billion dollars for his wall, they just said "no." What he was asking for was a little over half of what we spend on food stamps in one month. When Trump wanted an increase in military spending, he got it without any problem because he had a Republican House. Yes, the House did the spending, but they allocated money to the Presidents agenda because theirs was the same. But no matter what party is where, all spending comes from the House which the Democrats have had leadership of since 2018.

The same will happen when Republicans takeover Congress next year. Dementia won't get anything through unless he agrees to give them some or most of what they want. He will have his Democrat spending plus whatever spending the Republicans want which is how we travel over budget nearly every damn year.

The problem is our founders assumed no matter who was in charge, everybody would want what was best for the country. As time evolved, Democrats focused on what promotes the party more than the country.

It's not clever it's how it actually works. When Trump asked for a few billion dollars for his wall, they just said "no." What he was asking for was a little over half of what we spend on food stamps in one month. When Trump wanted an increase in military spending, he got it without any problem because he had a Republican House. Yes, the House did the spending, but they allocated money to the Presidents agenda because theirs was the same. But no matter what party is where, all spending comes from the House which the Democrats have had leadership of since 2018.

The same will happen when Republicans takeover Congress next year. Dementia won't get anything through unless he agrees to give them some or most of what they want. He will have his Democrat spending plus whatever spending the Republicans want which is how we travel over budget nearly every damn year.

The problem is our founders assumed no matter who was in charge, everybody would want what was best for the country. As time evolved, Democrats focused on what promotes the party more than the country.
Can the house spend trillions without the presidents approval?

It ain't that hard to understand: Biden has trashed the economy, which led to less demand for gas, which led to lower gas prices. I think his policies did partly lead to higher prices, albeit not as the main problem. Which essentially was a quick and strong rise in demand that significantly outpaced the supply of gas. But since he has not changed his policies with respect to domestic fossil fuels, I see no reason to give him any credit for the current drop in prices. If supply is catching up to a lower demand it is in spite of rather than due to anything he has done.
The "drop" is nothing compared to the "rise" he caused. He gets credit for nothing except squooshy Depends.

Alrighty then. Stop blaming the Dems for spending trillions then when Trump signed off on Trillions in spending during COVID.

Why should I? Are you going to stop blaming Trump for the spending that came out of the House? I bet not. I bet that in a similar forum, you'll spew the same thing.

Why should I? Are you going to stop blaming Trump for the spending that came out of the House? I bet not. I bet that in a similar forum, you'll spew the same thing.
Both parties are responsible for the spending. Much of it was necessary to avoid a depression. Inflation was an obvious consequence but the lesser of two evils. I blame both parties for waste and poor management of how they spend. This isn’t new though

Both parties are responsible for the spending. Much of it was necessary to avoid a depression. Inflation was an obvious consequence but the lesser of two evils. I blame both parties for waste and poor management of how they spend. This isn’t new though

If the spending under Trump was in anyway responsible for inflation, it would have happened immediately, not a year and a half later. But under Trump we had normal inflation which is between the 1% and 2% range. Today it's 9.1%. Trump had zero to do with it.

If the spending under Trump was in anyway responsible for inflation, it would have happened immediately, not a year and a half later. But under Trump we had normal inflation which is between the 1% and 2% range. Today it's 9.1%. Trump had zero to do with it.
Wrong… inflation doesn’t happen immediately after spending bills get passed. You’re showing off your ignorance now. The money needs to be be spent and then it needs to circulate through the economy, supply and demand dictates inflationary effects

Wrong… inflation doesn’t happen immediately after spending bills get passed. You’re showing off your ignorance now. The money needs to be be spent and then it needs to circulate through the economy, supply and demand dictates inflationary effects

I think it's you don't understand the process.

When you print fake money, the dollar loses value. It doesn't lose value in six months or a year, it loses value immediately. Why is that? Because of the international market.

If it took us 25 dollars to buy a bushel of corn from India, it now costs us 30 dollars since our dollars are worth less. That doesn't happen in months, it happens in days because the commodities market is what sets the value of that dollar, and speculators invest that money immediately upon hearing the news. And yes, the US dollar is a commodity as well.

A good example of what I'm talking about is gasoline. It dropped in price. How could it drop in price when we don't have any extra gasoline today than we did last month? The commodities market.

The speculators learned of the upcoming recession and started putting their money the other way. We don't have anymore gasoline than we did three months ago, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how investors are responding to the news they hear. That's what actually sets the price.

Forum List

Back